Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It's That Time of Year Again!

Go down 
+2
00Xtremeninja
OldTimeHockey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
OldTimeHockey

It's That Time of Year Again! Empty
PostSubject: It's That Time of Year Again!   It's That Time of Year Again! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:30 am

I couldn't help but notice on many NHL forums that the majority of fans around the league are staying somewhat sane with their predictions and expectations of their own teams. But then we have the Canucks fans. While their team has improved, the majority are flying off the handle like they do every single freaking year. Ricky is going loco about it on the official boards, so I thought I'd put my response to the topic on here as well. Quite honestly, it's like watching a commercial or signing up for a grand prize drawing. Always be sure to read the fine print.

Vancouver Canucks - Best Team in the League! Nobody can stop us now!! Top spot is ours! This is the Year!!!!!

**Any of the following may result with the above statement becoming invalid at any time during the regular and/or postseason: The refs screwed over the Canucks as a part of the NHL conspiracy against them; Injuries to forwards; Injuries to defensemen; Injuries to Luongo; Poor defense (due to injured player or flat out sucking) leading to goalie being hung out to dry; Luongo having too much on his mind; Other players having too much on their minds; Tough travel schedule; Soft ice; Laser Pointers; Early start time; Back to back games; Opponents having extra days off; Delayed flight resulting with the team getting in way too late and losing sleep; Bettman still hates us; Distracting ice girls; Fin flashed the team bench resulting with poor line change; Puck wasn't "frozen" enough; Equipment got damaged in a fire (applies only when in Ottawa); Players were nervous during trade deadline week; Crowd was too loud; Crowd was too quiet; Someone put ex-lax in the brownies; Opponent shot the puck before Luongo was ready; Lights were too dim in the arena; Lights were too bright in the arena; Too cold in the arena; Too warm in the arena; Distraction from "Kiss-cam" led to "too many men on the ice" panalties; Couldn't count and/or simply forgot how many players were allowed on the ice at one time; Nashville fans told Luongo that he sucked and hurt his feelings; Sticks kept breaking; Skates were too dull; Turco kept knocking the net loose; Toronto's war room hates Vancouver; Opponent just got "lucky"; Puck kept taking ugly bounces; Net was too wide; Net wasn't wide enough; Clock ran down too fast.......
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: It's That Time of Year Again!   It's That Time of Year Again! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:43 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: It's That Time of Year Again!   It's That Time of Year Again! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 1:23 am

the best part of this is when the Nucks win our division again which they will thanks to dumb management in other 4 cities, (CGY really you trade a guy during the deadline for dead weight then get him back as you "spash")

then all the talk will continue, until they run into LA (the new CHI, Doughy,Johnson, Simonds, and Brown will tear them a new ass)

seriously Wayne Simonds (the guy we could have drafted had DR not moved up two spots to pick the elite sniper Gillies) was probably watching Buffy very close, i wouldn't be surprised if he went all ape shit berserk on Lou's ass next year.

Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: It's That Time of Year Again!   It's That Time of Year Again! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 4:03 am

GREAT post OTH! cheers
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: It's That Time of Year Again!   It's That Time of Year Again! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:59 pm

Meh, you're love of Canuck idiocy is kinda silly in and of itself.
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: It's That Time of Year Again!   It's That Time of Year Again! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:14 pm

I laughed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's That Time of Year Again!   It's That Time of Year Again! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's That Time of Year Again!
Page 1 of 1