Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension

Go down 
+4
KillerCarlson
timotheuzi
forthewild
00Xtremeninja
8 posters
AuthorMessage
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension Empty
PostSubject: Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension   Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 4:19 pm

I did the math with my supervisor.

James Sheppard is going to make 800k this year.

So, lets say he hits a career high of 20 pts. POINTS! it would be 40k a damn point.

Want more math to depress your already close to suicidal ass?

Lets say he plays 60 games. thats 13k a game.

Maybe the star kid has a max of 9 shifts a game, at 30 seconds. 270 seconds he plays in a game. That is 50 fucking dollars A SECOND!

http://wild.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=531832&navid=DL|MIN|home
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension   Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:35 pm

well look at it this way, trading shepp mid way will make the team take a 400k cap hit, much lower then it would have been last year.

also we all ##%%% on these boards about our lack of prospects, yes i know Shepp has been terrible thus far, but there is no reason to give up on a 22 year old with size and skill, tho he hasn't used it till now and hasn't shown much desire to be here he still has that potential to at least be a decent 3rd line center, its not much but its better then nothing.

yes i'm not happy with shepp's paly, but its at least good that GMCF gave him 1 chance after talking to him and telling him at the end of the season what Shepp needs to do to be an NHLer.

GMCF said that Shepp has the capacity to be an NHLer mentioning that he has the potential to be a 2nd line center in the russo interview, i'd trust his evaluation on talent. Again Shepp isn't a talentless individual, he just hasn't done what he needs to do, and hasn't worked hard enough.

Look at Cal Clutterbuck, he knows his skills aren't in scoring, but are in his hitting, so what he does is work his %$% off every !!+@, he goes out and does his job, gets his minutes, and is thankful, he earns his playtime every !!+@ he takes, Shepp hasn't done that in his last year and even more so int he past 2 years but was given those chances with out impressing and with out earning them, it won't be like that this year.

I have a feeling GMCF told him, you spend this summer working your %$% off, and come into camp and show you can and are going to play we'll give you quality time, you show us you don't want you and you won't get that time, your playing time and opportunities depend on how well you earn it.

I like this signing, its the minimum he could have him for, and most of all WE DIDN'T GIVE UP ON HIM YET, WE'RE THIN IN FORWARD PROSPECTS, SHEPP AT LEAST HAS THE CAPABILITY TO PLAY AT THE NHL LEVEL. IMO letting Shepp walk would have been a stupid move, at least you can trade him for a 4th or 5th pick, its surprising that people that are crying over this are also saying oh how we wish we had more prospects, then why the hell let a young one walk.
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension   Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:43 pm

at this point it would be stupid to throw him away.... speaking of this russo entry, i looked below and saw something about us hiring another former pen to coach the aeros? anyone know anything about this guy?
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension   Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:53 pm

ok so maybe this will be the kick in his cocky ass he needs to get motivated to play better, who knows. All I do know for sure is that he only gets this one more chance, if his play and attitude don't improve this season he had better be outta here faster than poop coming out of my butt after eating Chipotle.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension   Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 6:08 pm

thats the plan ninja, he'll get a chance to make the team not be put on the team, also lets not blame GMCF if DR HAD MADE SHEPP MISS ONE FUCKING GAME BEFORE LAST YEAR, IN ANY WAY, we could have put him in Houston, but because of that we couldn't risk losing him for nothing.

If he doesn't make the team out of camp he's likely in Houston.
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension   Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 6:14 pm

No, it would be smart to walk away...and forget we ever drafted the bust. He does nothing other than make the team feel obligated to give him some secondary roster spot where he provides little or nothing whether he's in or out of the line up. Six freakin' points...enough said.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension   Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 7:01 pm

800k and six points

133k per point, lol.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension   Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 7:07 pm

better then pmb's 4.5mil per game played... see we're going in the right direction
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension   Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 7:51 pm

According to Russo's Q&A with Fletcher, Sheppard is not guaranteed a spot out of camp. Here's to hoping someone beats him out for his roster spot!

Fletcher on re-signing Sheppard to one-year deal

Posted by Michael Russo
Last update: June 16, 2010 - 2:27 PM

James Sheppard got a head start on accepting his qualifying offer just like the Wild got a head start on tendering them to its resticted free agents. Sheppard's agreed to a one-year deal worth $803,250 (corrected; had to correct because he got a 5 percent mandated raise since his prior year salary was over 660K and under a $1 mill. Originally thought it was a mandatory 10 percent bump).

Even tendering Sheppard a qualifying offer was a subject of debate this offseason after the 22-year-old floundered instead of flourished (two goals, six points, 64 games) in coach Todd Richards’ up-tempo system last year.

Here's my Q&A with GM Chuck Fletcher from yesterday regarding Sheppard:
What do you expect from him? "Just to get better. I’m looking for James to come back with more urgency and to make a bigger investment in his career. To me, it’s not about the numbers. I mean, it’s always about the numbers, but I don’t want his focus to be the numbers. I want him to come back and have a strong summer and a good camp and come in and earn a spot on our team and play the right way every night. And if he does that, he’ll get rewarded. He’s still a young player, he’s still maturing. There’s no question he lost his confidence last season, but from our standpoint, we know he can play in the league. Whether he becomes a good hockey player in this league will be up to him. We need size, we need young forwards, we need centermen, and he’s all of the above if he can put the time and effort in to take the next step in his career.

"So from our standpoint, it makes perfect sense to give him every opportunity in camp. At some point he’ll have to take a step in his career and show everybody he’s capable of becoming a quality NHLer, at whatever level that is – second-line center, third-line center, winger, whatever he ends up being, he’ll end up being. But my point is he has a chance to become an NHL player that can help us if he can take the next step in his career. It’s really up to him and I think he understands that."

Did you consider letting him go?"He’s a young player. It’s easy to write off young players, but in our situation, why would we? Why would we? We’re going to give him every opportunity to be whatever he can be in camp. He’s not going to be given anything. But by the same token we’re not going to walk away from him at this stage. The organization’s put four years into him and why not put a fifth?

But if he doesn't deserve a spot out of camp, will he be on this team? "If somebody can come in and beat him in camp, then maybe that forces our hand if we’re offered a terrific opportunity to get a different asset and he’s the price we have to pay, we’ll look at it. We’re not saying we’re giving him anything other than for us not to qualify him would be a poor decision from a hockey management standpoint. I mean, why wouldn’t you protect that asset, why wouldn’t you give him every chance to become a hockey player? It’s up to him. If somebody can knock him out in camp, great, the more competition the better. And maybe he comes in and is the player that people hoped he would be. Why wouldn’t we give him that opportunity to compete? Maybe he’s inspired by that and takes a step. I think james is a good person, I think he honestly wants to be a hockey player and right now it’s about doing the rights things and committing himself to being that hockey player."

Basically, the Wild wants internal competition in camp. Cody Almond had an injury-plagued year, and who knows if Casey Wellman will be ready? So for a team short on centers, Fletcher didn't think it would be wise to throw away a 22-year-old first-round pick. Also, what if Sheppard is an asset that can be moved for something or thrown into a deal that could sway it over the top? To have just thrown him out didn't seem to make sense to Fletcher.

The Wild had until June 28 to tender QO's, but they got it out of the way. Guillaume Latendresse, Josh Harding, Anton Khudobin, Nate Prosser and Matt Kassian were sent QO's to retain their rights. Latendresse and Harding have arbitration rights, by the way. Morten Madsen and Jamie Fraser were let go.

By the way, I ran into Prosser last night at the Twins game. He's been down at the rink working out a lot, will be in next month's development camp and is looking forward to a big training camp. It's funny how things work out, but Prosser wasn't even supposed to play at the end of the year. If the Wild don't sustain all those defensemen injuries, Prosser doesn't get those three games and none of us, even the Wild, know how close he could really be to the NHL.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension   Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:22 pm

so is this TaLoN standing up for Shepp or am i drunk? or maybe standing up for GMCF's decision
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension   Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:28 pm

How can you say I'm standing up for Shep when I myself said in that very post that I hope someone beats him out for a roster spot?

Obviously this was about understanding Fletcher's decision, and with that explanation I understand it. I still do NOT want (nor do I expect) Sheppard on the Wild roster.

Either Wellman or Almond will get the spot over Shep IMO.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension   Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 11:31 pm

Breaking news:

Wild just signed

Silvatore Sanches the first paraplegic player to sign a NHL contract he's a shoe in for Shepp's spot
Back to top Go down
sqare

sqare

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension   Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:42 am

I'm hoping for a Gillies - Almond - Kassian fourth line this fall.

Cool
Back to top Go down
http://bozak911.blogspot.com/
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension   Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:37 am

I hope the Wild can add toughness without someone who fits the typical "goon" profile, as goons are going exctinct in the current NHL.
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension   Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:39 am

How can they not give him an even million? He's been playing hockey since he was 3 fooking years old.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension   Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:40 am

Apparently he's been having to admit how overrated he's always been since he was 3 as well. Notice how quickly he signed that qualifying offer? You NEVER see first rounders sign qualifying offers like that! Hell... notice Lats hasn't signed his qualifier? He was a 2nd rounder! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension   Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:44 am

I wish I got paid to not produce to expectations...hell I wish I got paid to not produce AT ALL
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension   Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:18 am

Dee Oh Cee wrote:
I wish I got paid to not produce to expectations...hell I wish I got paid to not produce AT ALL
There are some people on this earth who I'd gladly pay not to produce. cheers
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension   Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:20 am

Unfortunately, the Wild have done this repeatedly.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension   Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:31 am

anyone think that DR might have babied Shepp, i get this feeling that when GMCF sat down with him after the year he put it blunt as shit, told Shepp to unfuck him self or he won't play in the NHL. Which leads me to think thats why he's taken this deal.

I also do think that DR was maybe taking it easy on him and sugar coating it, dunno just a thought
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension   Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stupid Fucking Idiot Gets One Year Extension
Page 1 of 1