Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We must be stupid

Go down 
+11
zamboni14
aRKade
sqare
Dee Oh Cee
DougRiser
Gary
KillerCarlson
00Xtremeninja
Toewser
cehnehdeh
OldTimeHockey
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
OldTimeHockey

We must be stupid Empty
PostSubject: We must be stupid   We must be stupid I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 9:40 pm

Posted this on official board...gonna put it here too.

So I heard there were two ice girls failing to clean up the ice properly at the last game. Now I hear that there are three ice girls doing the same tonight. To those in charge of this latest act of desperation, I ask you this..."Just how dumb do you think Wild fans are?" What, do you think by slowly adding another girl each night that we won't pick up on your agenda? "Maybe if we add them one by one, the fans won't pick up on it." Let me guess, you're gonna keep them in the third jerseys this year just to let the fans adjust, and then next year you'll put them in dish rags, right?

Is this another act of desperation to fill the seats? Again, how dumb do you think we are? When this club started out in the league, you use to take pride in how the State of Hockey was unique. We didn't need pretty up the atmosphere with all the bells and whistles like so many other teams. We showed up for the sport itself. We didn't need strobe lights. We didn't need a mascot. We didn't need cheerleaders or pretty girls shoveling the ice. And it's not so much about their looks as it is about their ability to even complete the task. Many have said that the guys had to finish what the girls started. You do know that an imperfect job out there can affect the play, right? And don't give me the excuse that they're just learning and will get better over time. If they are just learning, then what the hell were the qualifications when you sent out the resumes? "Must be pretty, can skate, and carry shovel without falling over?" Were the guys doing such a poor job? I highly doubt them not being eye candy hurt ticket sales.

Hockey in Minnesota is very similar to the game in Canada. It's as close as it gets down here in the States. We appreciate the simple things. Most importantly, we appreciate tradition. Isn't that something you've said in the past? So why are you now becoming a carbon copy of everyone else? If you think it'll fill the seats more, why not take a look at how well this agenda is working for others in the States. Yep. Going well, eh? Are you trying to make it more of a family atmosphere? If so, then you do realize that families can't even afford to attend games anymore, right? How about getting a clue that many Wild fans simply can't afford tickets due to the prices....but more importantly, many are starting to feel unappreciated. The club is becoming less "personal." You gave us Nordy last year, because he would be able to fill in at events where the players couldn't. That's fine. What's next? You're gonna tell us that ice girls will be able to fill in for them too? Pretty soon it's just going to be Hockey Unplugged for them boys, and Nordy and his chicks every where else.

Listen, I'm not going anywhere. I'll live and die with this team until the end no matter HOW ugly it gets. But not only is the roster and front office going in a different direction, but so is the club in general. Don't become a cookie cutter image like 20 or so of the other teams. It's not what you started out as. If you're gonna throw away all tradition, then you might as well take down all the high school jerseys hanging around the suite level. It'll give ya more room to hang up twinkling lights and whatever other new trendy displays that'll make ya feel better.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

We must be stupid Empty
PostSubject: Re: We must be stupid   We must be stupid I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:18 pm

As a fellow purist I'm totally with ya OTH. Unfortunately it seems ALL teams are resorted to this sorta bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

We must be stupid Empty
PostSubject: Re: We must be stupid   We must be stupid I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:21 pm

If I want T&A, I wait until the kegger after the games. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

We must be stupid Empty
PostSubject: Re: We must be stupid   We must be stupid I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:22 pm

If I want T&A I'll hop in beside my wife!
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

We must be stupid Empty
PostSubject: Re: We must be stupid   We must be stupid I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:24 pm

I aint bound down yet. So I guess I'll just have to make due with awesome, drunken parties.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

We must be stupid Empty
PostSubject: Re: We must be stupid   We must be stupid I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:26 pm

Toewser wrote:
I aint bound down yet. So I guess I'll just have to make due with awesome, drunken parties.

Oh you poor boy....

I'll always have memories of drunken, random blowjobs to hold close to my heart.
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

We must be stupid Empty
PostSubject: Re: We must be stupid   We must be stupid I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:31 pm

For sure.

And this is why ice girls are not necessary.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

We must be stupid Empty
PostSubject: Re: We must be stupid   We must be stupid I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 2:01 am

..ugh..

just need em dancing in the isleways now too.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
OldTimeHockey

We must be stupid Empty
PostSubject: Re: We must be stupid   We must be stupid I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 2:05 am

If they start dancing in the isles or on the steps, you'll hear a story on the 10pm news about a fan who hip-checked a cheerleader over the railing into the club level and also 'Bertuzzied' another pom-pom girl who simply got in the way.
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

We must be stupid Empty
PostSubject: Re: We must be stupid   We must be stupid I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 3:59 pm

I posted back over on wild.com too. I think its freakin' lame. I'd love to hear about OTH hipchecking some stupid Wild skank trying to dance in the aisles. It insults us as fans, and I highly doubt that many STH's wrote in their little surveys that the team needed a mascot and ice girls. That has nothing to do with the attendance concerns as much as the economy and wins and losses do.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

We must be stupid Empty
PostSubject: Re: We must be stupid   We must be stupid I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 5:25 pm

meh, they are trying to bank on the fact that men loves sports and men like to look at women engaging in sports.

for some reason, management fails to remember that Minnesota has just as many women who know the game of hockey and have a passion for it as much as the next person.

OTH, if you throw a hipcheck, make sure you get an elbow in there too. hell, use a Chris Simon strategy if need be. lol
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Gary

We must be stupid Empty
PostSubject: Re: We must be stupid   We must be stupid I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 9:53 pm

Yeah (as noted on the official board) I was not too amused by this either.
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

We must be stupid Empty
PostSubject: Re: We must be stupid   We must be stupid I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:00 pm

Why is that when a woman brings up an issue with the ice girls, she is immediately cast off as threatened because of their looks? WTF is that all about?
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

We must be stupid Empty
PostSubject: Re: We must be stupid   We must be stupid I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:03 pm

They clearly ignore the fact that there are MEN who are opposing the idea.
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

We must be stupid Empty
PostSubject: Re: We must be stupid   We must be stupid I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:06 pm

Can't we just forget we are men and women and focus on being hockey fans?

Yeah, that sounded too "after school special." lol!
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

We must be stupid Empty
PostSubject: Re: We must be stupid   We must be stupid I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:07 pm

OldTimeHockey wrote:
Can't we just forget we are men and women and focus on being hockey fans?

Yeah, that sounded too "after school special." lol!

Treating people as individuals is the best way to approach the world, in general.
Back to top Go down
DougRiser

DougRiser

We must be stupid Empty
PostSubject: Re: We must be stupid   We must be stupid I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:12 pm

Im not a hockey fan, just a table hockey fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHtc3UODJfk

(is there a way to embed videos? I thought i saw someone do it here before)
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

We must be stupid Empty
PostSubject: Re: We must be stupid   We must be stupid I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:15 pm

Back to top Go down
DougRiser

DougRiser

We must be stupid Empty
PostSubject: Re: We must be stupid   We must be stupid I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:22 pm

yeah

how you do dat?
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

We must be stupid Empty
PostSubject: Re: We must be stupid   We must be stupid I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:27 pm

Spinnazz

Idk how to do it btw.
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

We must be stupid Empty
PostSubject: Re: We must be stupid   We must be stupid I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:32 pm

DougRiser wrote:
yeah

how you do dat?

If you go into the reply mode there is the button that is a vertical image of film. Click that, and enter the URL for the video.

We must be stupid 143duuh
Back to top Go down
DougRiser

DougRiser

We must be stupid Empty
PostSubject: Re: We must be stupid   We must be stupid I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:35 pm

ah gotcha

i was always using the quick reply thing on the bottom
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

We must be stupid Empty
PostSubject: Re: We must be stupid   We must be stupid I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:44 pm

Toewser did you get your Obama phone? Razz
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

We must be stupid Empty
PostSubject: Re: We must be stupid   We must be stupid I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:53 pm

Dee Oh Cee wrote:
Toewser did you get your Obama phone? Razz
HAHAHA.

Yup, you can now see my firefox browser(sick ass green Smile) in its entirety, with all (well my most frequented) bookmarks. Razz
Back to top Go down
DougRiser

DougRiser

We must be stupid Empty
PostSubject: Re: We must be stupid   We must be stupid I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 11:10 pm

I see you hang out at Rap.com too

I havent seen any of your rhymes on there, whats your screen name?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

We must be stupid Empty
PostSubject: Re: We must be stupid   We must be stupid I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We must be stupid
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next