Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stupid is as stupid does...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TaLoN

TaLoN

Stupid is as stupid does... Empty
PostSubject: Stupid is as stupid does...   Stupid is as stupid does... I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 6:20 am

I think Forrest Gump's mamma was talking about This guy when she made that comment!

Hapless sailor takes a round trip

Stupid is as stupid does... R2266116100

LONDON (Reuters) – A man who thought he was sailing along the coast of southern England had to be rescued by emergency services after his motor boat ran out of fuel while repeatedly circling a small island in the River Thames estuary.

The man, who had no nautical guides and only had a roadmap to navigate by, had been trying to sail from Gillingham, about 35 miles east of London, to Southampton on April 19 by following the southern coast of England.

But he ended simply doing laps of the 36-square mile Isle of Sheppey a short distance away in the mouth of the Thames.

Eventually a lifeboat and coastguard were sent to rescue him after he used up all his fuel and ran aground, officials said on Wednesday. He told them he had been trying to navigate by keeping the coastline to his right.

"He was attempting to travel around the UK from Medway to Southampton and had somehow lost his bearings and ended up traveling around the Isle of Sheppey," said Robin Castle, a member of the local lifeboat station.

"It seems he didn't have the usual maritime charts or navigational equipment."
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Stupid is as stupid does...   Stupid is as stupid does... I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 6:29 am

Even funnier... this is the Island he was circling until he ran out of gas, thinking he was in the ocean in the first place...

Stupid is as stupid does... Sheppey-2006-speed-d

HOW he goes through the river estuary several times without realizing he's on a frucking river is beyond me!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Stupid is as stupid does...   Stupid is as stupid does... I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 12:31 pm

who the hell let Sheppard drive a boat?
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Stupid is as stupid does...   Stupid is as stupid does... I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 3:25 am

00Xtremeninja wrote:
who the hell let Sheppard drive a boat?

DR and the amount of money he paid him for doing nothing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stupid is as stupid does...   Stupid is as stupid does... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stupid is as stupid does...
Page 1 of 1