Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wild vs Kings 12/11/10

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Wild vs Kings 12/11/10 Empty
PostSubject: Wild vs Kings 12/11/10   Wild vs Kings 12/11/10 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:05 pm

There will be no delay because of snow for this one!

Good effort in Pho, but LA is much better. Kings win it 4-2.

Once again, prove me wrong guys!

Tweeting during the game

@MNhockeyforum

40oz of PBR and Bud Light.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Wild vs Kings 12/11/10   Wild vs Kings 12/11/10 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 12:39 am

man, staubitz got rocked. boogie woulda beat the shit out of that kid
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: Wild vs Kings 12/11/10   Wild vs Kings 12/11/10 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 2:51 am

Wild vs. Kings post-game and much more!

Wild shock (and block) Los Angeles as they steal a 3-2 overtime victory from the Kings

Written by Derek Felska
Saturday, 11 December 2010 16:38

If only video games would be like reality? You could be responsible for saving the planet from alien invaders, playing a crucial role in the outcome of World War II and leading your favorite NHL team to a Stanley Cup all on the same day. Unbelievable and out of touch with reality, certainly. Case in point, I am playing a season with the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League's Baie-Comeau Drakkar in Electronic Arts' NHL '11 where currently I'm 45-1-0. I have little doubt that the Drakkar wish that were only true, as reality has been far more harsh 4-22-4-4, which is one of the worst records in all of Canadian major junior hockey right now. How bad is it in Baie-Comeau? In the most recent issue of the Hockey News reported that the team recently dealt its leading scorer at the time Pierrick Martel (14 games, 8 goals, 14 points) because he stated that he didn't feel like being apart of a turnaround in Baie-Comeau. The team responded with indignation and a quick trade to the Gatineau Olympiques. Ouch! With all that having been said, video games obviously do not mirror reality but they're certainly popular and they are a multi-billion dollar industry. Even in this tough economy, millions of kids across the United States shelled out about $60 for Activision's Call of Duty: Black Ops allowing it to gross $600+ million in the first week alone! That would represent over a 1/4th of what the NHL earns in an entire season! So whether these coveted 18-24 years old males are staying up late; the statistics would indicate they're likely playing video games rather than watching / playing hockey. Sad statistics unless you're a member of Activision or any of the major producers of video game systems; Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. As fun as it was back in the day to play a game of Konami's Blades of Steel or Nintendo's Ice Hockey they could never come close to replacing the opportunity to watch the real deal.

So what does this have to do with the Wild, it'd be easier if this was a video game. If this was my current Wild season the team would be undefeated and team captain Mikko Koivu would have 15 goals. As was stated before, reality is very different. Instead of being undefeated the team is more or less at .500 and the team's top goal scorers all currently have just 7 goals at a similar point in the season. The Wild are leaving the very snowy confines of the Twin Cities for the far more reasonable weather of Southern California when they play against the Kings this evening. Los Angeles have won their last 3 games while Minnesota is coming off a quality win against the Phoenix Coyotes. So will the Wild resemble those on my NHL '11 season or will it be a painful dose of reality? (click on the link for the rest of the article)

There is a full post-game report an Aeros update and High School hockey report. Interesting game, but its just proof that its sometimes better to be lucky than good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wild vs Kings 12/11/10   Wild vs Kings 12/11/10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wild vs Kings 12/11/10
Page 1 of 1