Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wild vs. Bruins - Official GDT - 1/6/2010

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KillerCarlson

Wild vs. Bruins - Official GDT - 1/6/2010 Empty
PostSubject: Wild vs. Bruins - Official GDT - 1/6/2010   Wild vs. Bruins - Official GDT - 1/6/2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:47 am

Wild vs. Bruins post game and much more!

Hard work and smart play yields a quality 3-1 road win over Boston

Written by Derek Felska | 06 January 2011

Boston and Minnesota both have a storied hockey history. Both areas are hockey hotbeds in the United States and share mutual accomplishments such as developing NHL talent to the 1980 Miracle on Ice team which a seminal event in American sports history. Boston during the 1970's was one of the best teams in the NHL, led by perhaps the most athletically gifted defenseman in the history of the game in Bobby Orr, and a collection of scoring forwards like Johnny Bucyk and Phil Esposito. The Big Bad Bruins of those days had plenty of toughness led by the no-nonsense play of Terry O'Reilly. Going into the early 1980's the Bruins routinely bullied the Minnesota North Stars into submission where Head Coach Glen Sonmor decided enough was enough. After calling then North Stars' General Manager Lou Nanne for the "ok" to send a message, and after receiving Nanne's approval Sonmor met with his team to explain how his team should not take even the slightest act of intimidation on the part of the Bruins. The team took heed, and on February 26th, 1981 at the old Boston Garden history would be made as the two teams combined for 67 penalties and 406 penalty minutes which was a record that stood for nearly 30 years. The North Stars did not win that game, losing 5-1 but the message was sent and Minnesota went on to blitz the Big Bad Bruins in the post-season.

Check it out for yourself https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ng-lRa0HKc&feature=related

The Wild will never go berserk quite like that but part of me would love to see Minnesota show that kind of sandpaper every once in a while. Not because I am eager for a full-line brawl, but because I think the game is played with passion and heart and I think a good fight can inspire your team and something is gained bonding-wise through a brawl. You have your teammates back and its a collective experience that none of those guys that played that cold night in Boston. So will the Wild step up to the challenge against a very well-rounded Bruins team or will they struggle to establish consistency and stumble this evening? (click on the link for the rest of the article)

There is a complete post-game report, an Erik Haula update, and a complete listing of the Class 1A and 2A rankings as well as profile of Litchfield / Dassel-Cokato, one of 3 undefeated teams in the State of Hockey! Great road victory! Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Wild vs. Bruins - Official GDT - 1/6/2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild vs. Bruins - Official GDT - 1/6/2010   Wild vs. Bruins - Official GDT - 1/6/2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:56 am

tough match against the Pens coming up, but 1 point out of 8th now. stay hot boys, stay hot
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com

Wild vs. Bruins - Official GDT - 1/6/2010
Page 1 of 1