Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge!

Go down 
+2
Kevin W
00Xtremeninja
6 posters
AuthorMessage
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge! Empty
PostSubject: Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge!   Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 3:17 am

Minnesota is kicking off their annual Hockey Day in Minnesota today with all sorts of highschool outdoor games in Moorhead. The Gophers and Denver will be throwing down on campus at 5 PM, and then the home state heros will play against the Blues at 8PM. Follow all of this fun stuff on FSN North.

Hockey Day in Canada is also going on this fine day as well. Canada will have all of their own documentaries and highlights of the game on NHL Network, CBC, and I think Center Ice programming will show some of it. Habs and Leafs will be seen on NHL Network as part of HNIC.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GDT

Wild Vs Blues, 8 PM, Xcel Center

The Wild fought long and hard (thats what she said) for their two points last night. Both teams played physical and signs of that may show during the game tonight.

Clutterbuck continues to fight for being top goal scorer of the team, and will look to stay hot tonight against the Blues. I imagine Backstrom and Conklin will be in the net and will fight for each teams honor. Both teams should be hungry for more points after last nights game.

A lot of MN natives on the Blues team who will more than likely get a quick applaud from the hometown fans tonight. Backes and Johnson should have fun playing back on their native ice on this celebration day and will try to keep the smiles on their faces by putting pucks in the net.

Eric Brewer of the Blues gets the continual WTF award for being named Captain of this team.

Wild win in another close game tonight 4-3
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge!   Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 8:10 am

saw this on the Blues board

Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge! 2ztirso
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge!   Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 10:24 am

Fuck the Blues.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge!   Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 9:41 pm

Wild need to keep winning but then so does every other team, they played great last night and that shootout win was huge, great to see Clutterbuck outdoing Sheppard maybe he should have been picked 9th over all.

also why the hate for eric brewer? seems like a stand up guy
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge!   Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 10:26 pm

The majority of the hate stems from he was traded for Chris Pronger in Pronger's heyday. They let a good player go because of salary reasons after the lockout.

He keeps getting resigned despite subpar play for what he's being paid. I think the Blues are still burned for trading Pronger and they think keeping Brewer around makes up for that.

And ever since 2008, Brewer has been given the "C" for whatever reason is beyond me and most of the Blues fanbase. He's an OK player, but he always seems to come up on the wrong end of game changing plays. He's always the one in the wrong position to give up a game tying/winning goal.

I find it hilarious that the year he missed a bunch of games was the last time the Blues made the playoffs. 2008-09 year. But he's our captain!
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge!   Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 10:43 pm

Bahaha. Cam Janssen rules.

EDIT - But the STL PK does not. Sigh.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge!   Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 11:31 pm

what a game by the Wild, feel awful for Halak tho shitty night for him
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge!   Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 11:59 pm

Halak has had a rough couple of days. he's still a good goaltender though
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge!   Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:42 am

i am sure backes regretted his decision to try and go with Stoner.
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge!   Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:34 am

Wild vs. Blues Post-game and much more

Wild use energy and toughness to earn back-to-back sweep of Blues in 3-1 win on Hockey Day Minnesota

Written by Derek Felska | 12 February 2011

"I might as well be on Mars, you can't see me, I might as well be the man on the moon, you can't hear me, Oh, can you feel me so close, and yet so far, Baby, I might as well be on Mars" are lyrics from Alice Cooper's I Might as well be on Mars. The Wild seem to have been standing at the window staring at the 8 teams in the playoff picture for a while now, winning most of those games as they hope to get their place on the other side of the glass. It is almost like it has been teasing us. Minnesota still has those precious games in hand on most of the Western Conference so tonight is another huge opportunity to have a chance to advance and still keep their advantage of having more games yet to play. The Western Conference Standings as they were just prior to tonight's game say it all.

1st Vancouver Canucks - 55GP (35-11-9) ~ 79pts
2nd Detroit Red Wings - 55GP (33-16-6) ~ 72pts
3rd Dallas Stars - 55GP (31-18-6) ~ 68pts
4th San Jose Sharks - 56GP (30-20-6) ~ 66pts
5th Anaheim Ducks - 56GP (31-21-4) ~ 66pts
6th Nashville Predators - 55GP (29-19-7) ~ 65pts
7th Phoenix Coyotes - 56GP (28-19-9) ~ 65pts
8th Calgary Flames - 57GP (28-21-Cool ~ 64pts
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
9th Minnesota Wild - 54GP (29-20-5) ~ 63pts
10th Los Angeles Kings - 55GP (30-22-3) ~ 63pts
11th Chicago Blackhawks - 55GP (28-22-5) ~ 61pts
12th Columbus Blue Jackets - 55GP (27-23-5) ~ 59pts
13th St. Louis Blues - 53GP (24-20-9) ~ 57pts
14th Colorado Avalanche - 55GP (25-24-6) ~ 56pts
15th Edmonton Oilers - 55GP (16-31-Cool ~ 40pts

As you can clearly see the Western Conference is ridiculously tight from about 6th to 14th. That makes every game a big game. Its cliche of course, but its true. Now, let's add the fact its Hockey Day in Minnesota. It has been a marvelous 11 hours of hockey already. This is my 5th article that I've written today, and I'm still ready to write another (well maybe I am). Minnesota showed remarkable resilience last night, can they repeat that tonight and earn another win over the Blues tonight? (click on the link for the rest of the article)

What a day! Damn! I think that was about 10,000 words for me! Yet it was a ton of fun, awesome games and stories all around! I agree, those games in hand are looking GREAT right now! There is a complete post-game, a Aeros player report and a short prospect run-down. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge!   Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 3:10 am

for all of my aspiring wild trolls, use this on other forums!

Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge! Umadwild
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge!   Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 3:46 am

figure it has got to go both ways

Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge! Usadwild
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge!   Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 5:09 am

ahahahahah, Wild Troll face gets me an infraction on HF boards from a Blues mod.

some people have no sense of humor.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge!   Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 5:16 am

well being nice paid off, Blues mod lifted the infraction when I apologized.
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge!   Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 9:58 am

Haha. troll face rules.
Back to top Go down
GopherState

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge!   Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 2:50 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
ahahahahah, Wild Troll face gets me an infraction on HF boards from a Blues mod.

some people have no sense of humor.
HF mods actually do shit when people go onto their team forums.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge!   Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 3:54 pm

lol, i learned that lesson real quick.

but the guy was cool about it, so we're straight
Back to top Go down
GopherState

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge!   Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 5:04 pm

That's good. There's like four things I have try to remember to explain to new Wild posters on HF. One of them is definitely "there are real mods unlike the WMB"
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge!   Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 5:09 pm

yeah, i trolled a little bit on the official blues board and nobody gave a shit
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge!   Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 6:11 pm

Blues fans in general on the internet don't give a shit. Heh.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge!   Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:08 pm

forthewild wrote:
what a game by the Wild, feel awful for Halak tho shitty night for him
That game was unbelievable, too bad the Wild weren't able to follow it up on Tues or Weds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge!   Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy Hockey Day! GDT! Hodge Podge!
Page 1 of 1