Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki

Go down 
+4
Kevin W
TaLoN
MuckandGrind
Velmeran
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Velmeran

Velmeran

The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki Empty
PostSubject: The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki   The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 2:35 pm

I'm sure this was discussed over on the other boards closer to when it had actually been announced; but what are your guys thoughts about teams crossing the pond to open the season?

Last season we had 2 teams, this year 4. Will it be 6 or 8 next year?

Also, was digging on NHL.com and saw some nice articles around the Compuware NHL Premiere's and figured I'd toss them in here as well.

Wings see trip to Sweden as reward for Lidstrom
Steen excited for family to see him play

[vent]Oh and just one other thing, how the **** does Compuware have enough cash-flow to sponsor the Premiere when they've been laying off employees constantly since the start of the year [/vent]
Back to top Go down
MuckandGrind

MuckandGrind

PostSubject: Re: The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki   The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 6:28 pm

I hate the idea......and I ESPECIALLY will hate it if the Wild get stuck with having to do it some year.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki   The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 7:51 pm

You lose home games when you do this... BAD idea, cator to the fans who support the league year round! Save the over-seas stuff for pre-season when it doesn't count!
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki   The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:58 am

Yeah, I'm not a fan of this series. Especially when I have to watch the games at 2PM.

I'm gonna be at the Scottrade Center for the Saturday game on the jumbotron.
Back to top Go down
Velmeran

Velmeran

PostSubject: Re: The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki   The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 1:55 pm

Anyone else get an e-mail from nhl.com about them streaming some of these games for free?

It basicially reads as (with some images):
Quote :
WATCH TODAY'S GAME LIVE ON NHL.COM - GAMES WILL STREAM FREE
NHL.com to stream VIctoria Cup &
NHL Exhibition games from Europe

TODAY, Monday, Sep 28
CHICAGO vs. HC Davos
2:15 PM ET, LIVE on NHL.com
8 p.m. ET on NHL Network

Tuesday, Sep 29
CHICAGO vs. ZSC Lions Zurich
Victoria Cup 2009
2:15 PM ET, LIVE on NHL.com
8 p.m. ET on NHL Network

Wednesday, Sep 30, 2009
DETROIT vs. Farjestads BK Karlstad
Compuware / NHL Premiere™️ Challenge
1:00 PM ET, LIVE on NHL.com

Chicago opens the regular-season with a home-and-home set against the Florida Panthers in Helsinki, Finland, as part of Compuware / NHL Premiere™️ 2009 on Friday, October 2 and Saturday, October 3. Detroit will open its 2009-10 NHL regular-season against the St. Louis Blues in Stockholm, Sweden, on Friday, October 2 and Saturday, October 3.

Why do exhibition games count for the regular season?
Back to top Go down
Jarick

Jarick

PostSubject: Re: The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki   The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 2:21 pm

TaLoN wrote:
You lose home games when you do this... BAD idea, cator to the fans who support the league year round! Save the over-seas stuff for pre-season when it doesn't count!

+1
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki   The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 3:06 pm

While it may be a bad idea for the teams, what it does do is help the NHL image in Europe, I'm guessing that NHL might want some euro teams to be part of it, which might be interesting.
Back to top Go down
MuckandGrind

MuckandGrind

PostSubject: Re: The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki   The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 3:24 pm

forthewild wrote:
While it may be a bad idea for the teams, what it does do is help the NHL image in Europe, I'm guessing that NHL might want some euro teams to be part of it, which might be interesting.

I would like to see how, logistically, the NHL could pull off expansion in Europe....Can you imagine the Wild leaving on a 2-week road trip over there? It would be hard to watch the games live on tv...not to mention the impact on the players from traveling across all those time zones to play games....I think the NHL should focus on strengthening the product here in North America before they start looking overseas.
Back to top Go down
Cool Slovak

Cool Slovak

PostSubject: Re: The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki   The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 3:42 pm

If I remember correctly, it was 4 teams last season as well. Tampa played in Slovakia a preseason game and then against Rangers in Prague. And Ducks played LA in London. Wasn't it last year?

And if I remember, Ducks loved London and Red wings are excited to play in Sweden. It's a home game for them. Even Datsyuk will get some Ruskies to travel to Sweden.

All for it. Good for NHL. Even Danish TV bought rights this season, so I will see some games on regular TV instead of streaming.

Afterall, Europe is home for the best players in the World and Stanley cup comes from England. 🍻
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki   The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 3:51 pm

MuckandGrind wrote:
forthewild wrote:

I would like to see how, logistically, the NHL could pull off expansion in Europe....Can you imagine the Wild leaving on a 2-week road trip over there? It would be hard to watch the games live on tv...not to mention the impact on the players from traveling across all those time zones to play games....I think the NHL should focus on strengthening the product here in North America before they start looking overseas.

remember who's running the NHL...
Back to top Go down
Jarick

Jarick

PostSubject: Re: The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki   The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 3:55 pm

Every game played overseas is millions in lost revenue for the home team...not good in this economy.
Back to top Go down
Cool Slovak

Cool Slovak

PostSubject: Re: The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki   The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 4:08 pm

Jarick wrote:
Every game played overseas is millions in lost revenue for the home team...not good in this economy.

How?
Back to top Go down
Velmeran

Velmeran

PostSubject: Re: The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki   The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 4:32 pm

Cool Slovak wrote:
Jarick wrote:

How?
The home teams don't get to sell tickets for those games.
They lose revenue from concessions, merchandise, parking (in some instances), etc.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki   The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 4:37 pm

Velmeran wrote:
Cool Slovak wrote:
Jarick wrote:

How?
They lose revenue from concessions, merchandise, parking (in some instances), etc.

Those teams do get paid to go over seas, i don't think the teams are their on their owners dime with nothing in return, no way would the owners support that.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki   The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 4:49 pm

forthewild wrote:
Velmeran wrote:
Cool Slovak wrote:
Jarick wrote:

How?

Those teams do get paid to go over seas, i don't think the teams are their on their owners dime with nothing in return, no way would the owners support that.
The arena sizes don't compare to those in the NHL, thus the dollars obtained is much less. Home teams playing at home get more revenue than the games being played at a neutral site.

(Unless it's the thrashers and nobody shows up, then maybe they benefit from going overseas, the Wild would lose out.)
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki   The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 4:58 pm

There is sponsors behind all this, its not just ticket sales.
Th i do agree that it does suck watching you team not play at home and being lethargic after the trip.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki   The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:03 pm

forthewild wrote:
There is sponsors behind all this, its not just ticket sales.
Th i do agree that it does suck watching you team not play at home and being lethargic after the trip.
Yes, but the NHL, unlike any other of the major sports, gets 65% of their revenue from gate receipts.
Back to top Go down
Cool Slovak

Cool Slovak

PostSubject: Re: The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki   The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:28 pm

The cheapest ticket is I think 90 dollars and u can buy some close to 300 dollars. Capacity is 14.000 and I think they gonna sell out. How much are tickets in US? Without fees.
Back to top Go down
Jarick

Jarick

PostSubject: Re: The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki   The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:37 pm

I have no idea. I'd bet if the owners weren't being compensated they wouldn't be going over.

I do also worry about NHL players having to make the long NHL trip. It just seems like it sets the team back. Of all four teams last year (NYR, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, Ottawa), didn't all of them do so poorly they fired their coaches?

I suppose it doesn't matter that much since I can't afford to go to games as it is. Whatever gimmicky crap the NHL wants, it will do.
Back to top Go down
Quisp

Quisp

PostSubject: Re: The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki   The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:39 pm

Kwright315 wrote:
Yeah, I'm not a fan of this series. Especially when I have to watch the games at 2PM.

Head on over to Sybergs after the game and I'll buy you a beer.
Back to top Go down
Cool Slovak

Cool Slovak

PostSubject: Re: The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki   The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:43 pm

Quisp wrote:
Kwright315 wrote:

I would hate 2 PM. I enjoy watching games from 2 AM to 5 AM. Very Happy Such a great way to spent night. Sometimes I get my sleeping routine totally destroyed. Sad
Back to top Go down
Cool Slovak

Cool Slovak

PostSubject: Re: The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki   The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:29 pm

Florida lost yeasterday in Finland and Hawks today in Switzerland. Hmm...Swiss league is probably 4th-5th best in Europe.
Razz
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki   The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:48 pm

Quisp wrote:
Kwright315 wrote:

I Just might do that!

And for good record (for me) The Blues win 6-0 in preseason finale over Linkoping.
Back to top Go down
MuckandGrind

MuckandGrind

PostSubject: Re: The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki   The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 1:52 pm

Cool Slovak wrote:
Florida lost yeasterday in Finland and Hawks today in Switzerland. Hmm...Swiss league is probably 4th-5th best in Europe.
Razz

Anyone know if they were playing on the big ice or NHL ice?
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki   The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 2:08 pm

I'm pretty sure since NHL has regulations for the ice-sheet for games to be played, they found locations that can accommodate NHL ice-sheets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki   The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm & Helsinki
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next