Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scott to Play Wing Tonight

Go down 
+7
Wild Fan #1
lolwat
00Xtremeninja
Velmeran
Cool Slovak
shmiddy
TaLoN
11 posters
AuthorMessage
TaLoN

TaLoN

Scott to Play Wing Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Scott to Play Wing Tonight   Scott to Play Wing Tonight I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 4:43 pm

From Russo...

Sources: Irmen, Earl on waivers
Posted on September 25th, 2009 – 11:46 AM
By Michael Russo

(update): Think @martinhavlat’s excited to return to Chicago tonight? “I’m plaaaaaaaaying!! :-)”

I think I’ll still hold my Marty Havlat returns to Chicago story ’til it counts

———————————————————

According to sources, the Wild has placed Danny Irmen and Robbie Earl on waivers. If cleared by 11 am tomorrow, the Wild would be able to send them to the minors.

As of now, they haven’t been cut because they’re practicing in Minnesota.

Again, this doesn’t necessarily mean Irmen hasn’t cracked the Opening Night roster because Wild would have 30 days to send him down. But …

I’ll talk to GM Chuck Fletcher after the team arrives in Chicago.

The Wild will experiment with defenseman John Scott at wing tonight, which is interesting because if that proves to be effective, you could play Shane Hnidy in the same games during the regular season. Craig Weller (groin) is expected to play tonight. Former Hawk Martin Havlat will play in Chicago.

Also, Mark Parrish was reportedly released from his Vancouver tryout.

more later
Back to top Go down
shmiddy

shmiddy

PostSubject: Re: Scott to Play Wing Tonight   Scott to Play Wing Tonight I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 4:54 pm

Wow. I honestly thought there was no chance of it when Muck suggested it. How "effective" could it prove to be? One of these days I wish this smell of desperation would dissipate.
Back to top Go down
Cool Slovak

Cool Slovak

PostSubject: Re: Scott to Play Wing Tonight   Scott to Play Wing Tonight I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 4:59 pm

Woow. I understand having a pylon playing D, but forward? Surely a strange choice.
Back to top Go down
shmiddy

shmiddy

PostSubject: Re: Scott to Play Wing Tonight   Scott to Play Wing Tonight I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 5:11 pm

Cool Slovak wrote:
Woow. I understand having a pylon playing D, but forward? Surely a strange choice.

If it has a Burns-like effect we'll get to see some monumentally shitty hockey. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Velmeran

Velmeran

PostSubject: Re: Scott to Play Wing Tonight   Scott to Play Wing Tonight I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 5:23 pm

We're going to take a dman and play them at forward?

Who let DR and JL back in here!
Back to top Go down
Cool Slovak

Cool Slovak

PostSubject: Re: Scott to Play Wing Tonight   Scott to Play Wing Tonight I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 5:26 pm

Well, at least Burns could skate. Whatsyouname can't. I like the idea having him on the team instead Boogie, but as a D man.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Scott to Play Wing Tonight   Scott to Play Wing Tonight I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 5:47 pm

ohhhh boy, thank god it is still preseason to be messing around with this shit.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Cool Slovak

Cool Slovak

PostSubject: Re: Scott to Play Wing Tonight   Scott to Play Wing Tonight I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 5:50 pm

Not really true. Most of the teams are playing the regulars. Our guys are gonna come out without knowing each other on the ice.
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: Scott to Play Wing Tonight   Scott to Play Wing Tonight I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 6:30 pm

Did Scott not play some wing in the minors? I mean, we all expect him to suck because he will, but it may be a competition between him and Kassian to whos worth keeping if we need an extra body that will drop the gloves to open the year, with all the injury concerns. With Boogaard on IR, they could keep Sifers as the #7 d-man and have Scott as the #8 d-man/14th forward/heavyweight.
Back to top Go down
Wild Fan #1

Wild Fan #1

PostSubject: Re: Scott to Play Wing Tonight   Scott to Play Wing Tonight I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 6:32 pm

Keep it to the preseason, TR.
Back to top Go down
Jarick

Jarick

PostSubject: Re: Scott to Play Wing Tonight   Scott to Play Wing Tonight I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 8:13 pm

Meh, he's just taking Boogaard's 3-5 minutes per game. Probably skates better too, although from the looks of it he can't fight nearly as well.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Scott to Play Wing Tonight   Scott to Play Wing Tonight I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 8:27 pm

Velmeran wrote:
We're going to take a dman and play them at forward?

Who let DR and JL back in here!

Exactly my first thought as well! (Although this is a coaches decision, not the GM's)
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Scott to Play Wing Tonight   Scott to Play Wing Tonight I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:21 pm

Scott doesn't belong in the NHL be it as a Defenseman or a Forward.
Back to top Go down
Marlowe Syn

Marlowe Syn

PostSubject: Re: Scott to Play Wing Tonight   Scott to Play Wing Tonight I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Scott to Play Wing Tonight Worstjokeever
Back to top Go down
Quisp

Quisp

PostSubject: Re: Scott to Play Wing Tonight   Scott to Play Wing Tonight I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:08 am

Cool Slovak wrote:
Not really true. Most of the teams are playing the regulars. Our guys are gonna come out without knowing each other on the ice.
\

How true! Toronto and Boston looked pretty good on the ice last night. Nobody looked lost and they seem to be ready for the season already. The Wild look like they are playing pickup hockey and drawing plays up in the sand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scott to Play Wing Tonight   Scott to Play Wing Tonight I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scott to Play Wing Tonight
Page 1 of 1