Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Demitra Out For Season?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

Demitra Out For Season? Empty
PostSubject: Demitra Out For Season?   Demitra Out For Season? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 9:28 pm

<LI>
Demitra suffers shoulder injury setback

October 23, 2009</LI>

VANCOUVER -- One Vancouver Canuck recovering from shoulder surgery could be in the lineup this weekend but another has had a major setback.
Coach Alain Vigneault said Friday that veteran winger Pavol Demitra required a second round of arthroscopic surgery to repair rotator cuff damage and is out indefinitely.
However, newcomer Mathieu Schneider, who also had a torn rotator cuff, could play Sunday against the Edmonton Oilers.
Demitra, 34, a second-line winger who scored 20 goals last season, injured the shoulder in a collision with Brian Campbell of the Chicago Blackhawks in last season's Western Conference semifinal.
It became obvious that his range of motion was restricted during his rehabilitation from the off-season operation so a second surgical procedure was required, Vigneault said.
Demitra was originally projected to be out six weeks.
Schneider, 40, has fared better and is eligible to come off long-term injury reserve after also suffering his injury in the playoffs, a first-round Montreal Canadiens loss to the Boston Bruins.
"I feel real comfortable as far as (contact) goes," said Schneider, a 20-year veteran who signed as a free agent last summer. "I feel strong and I don't think there will be any issues.
"The first few games will be a bit of an adventure and I'm looking forward to it, just getting my timing back and fitting in."
Schneider, who will quarterback the Canucks' power play, had nine goals and 32 points in 67 games with Atlanta and Montreal last season.
Still on the shelf, possibly for up to four more weeks, are winger Daniel Sedin, who led the Canucks with 31 goals last season, and defenceman Sami Salo.
Sedin suffered a broken bone in his foot on Oct. 7 when hit by a shot from teammate Alex Edler. Salo went down from knee ligament damage a game later.
Forward Rick Rypien, who injured his groin on his last shift Monday in Edmonton, tried skating Friday but left practice early.
"It's just a mild groin pull right now and it might take a couple more days than we originally thought," Vigneault said.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Demitra Out For Season?   Demitra Out For Season? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 10:01 pm

i am sure Gaborik will be over to give him a rub down and a blow job to make him feel better. and some pizza!
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

PostSubject: Re: Demitra Out For Season?   Demitra Out For Season? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 9:12 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
i am sure Gaborik will be over to give him a rub down and a blow job to make him feel better. and some pizza!
Funny shit right there.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Demitra Out For Season?   Demitra Out For Season? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:19 pm

Jagged Ice wrote:
00Xtremeninja wrote:
Funny shit right there.

Know what's funny shit? Joining the mile high club flying solo!
Back to top Go down
Quisp

Quisp

PostSubject: Re: Demitra Out For Season?   Demitra Out For Season? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 8:30 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
Jagged Ice wrote:
00Xtremeninja wrote:
Funny shit right there.

Know what's funny shit? Joining the mile high club flying solo!

He you gotta do what you gotta do
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demitra Out For Season?   Demitra Out For Season? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demitra Out For Season?
Page 1 of 1