Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pouliot traded for Latendresse

Go down 
+8
mplspug
zamboni14
OldTimeHockey
Marlowe Syn
timotheuzi
forthewild
00Xtremeninja
lolwat
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
lolwat

Pouliot traded for Latendresse Empty
PostSubject: Pouliot traded for Latendresse   Pouliot traded for Latendresse I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 5:46 pm

TSN Confirmed this http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=299611

So we give up a potential top-6 guy for a 3rd liner when our 3rd line is already filled. I'm confused and disappointed. If Pouliot gets his confidence up, this trade will look really bad in a couple years.....

Last edited by lolwat on Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Pouliot traded for Latendresse   Pouliot traded for Latendresse I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 5:51 pm

maybe there will be some picks too?

damn, just when we were getting a little more progress from princess p.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Pouliot traded for Latendresse   Pouliot traded for Latendresse I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 6:33 pm

Not only did we give up on a guy way to early for nearly nothing, but Lat got into major shit a week ago or so because he was a healthy scratch but the team ended up needing him and he was missing and did not show up as he is required to do so.

I have no idea wtf this was for, i hope we can get an explanation.

Also i'm going to say this, Pouls never got the chance this season to be put with players who can do something with the puck, he should have been given a chance with koivu or havlat or someone even at wing,s
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Pouliot traded for Latendresse   Pouliot traded for Latendresse I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 6:59 pm

crazy. maybe there is something richards and fletch see in him that others don't?
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Pouliot traded for Latendresse   Pouliot traded for Latendresse I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 7:25 pm

sooo it looks like Wednesday is going to be a big debut game for these news guys.

should be fun. at least our GM is making moves and trying things.

My only concern, is this going to screw up some of the chemistry on the lines?

I am all for a gamble at this point though.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Pouliot traded for Latendresse   Pouliot traded for Latendresse I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 7:48 pm

heh, ESPN title

Wild trade first round bust to Montreal
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: Pouliot traded for Latendresse   Pouliot traded for Latendresse I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 7:50 pm

Chemistry? The only chemistry on this team offensively is Koivu and Brunette.
Latendresse can't skate, so you can't put him with Koivu/Bruno or it would be the slowest line in the NHL(Okay, that Boogaard-Shep-Nolan line was slower). He isn't a goal scorer so he isn't a good fit with Havlat on the 2nd line. Our 3rd line is fine. I HATE this trade. I would have rather got Sergei Kostytsin(sp) for Pouliot, at least the guy can skate and has upside. Latendresse is a 3rd liner who joins a team full of 3rd liners.
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: Pouliot traded for Latendresse   Pouliot traded for Latendresse I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Fletcher is really making his mark on team, I am in the wait and see boat
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: Pouliot traded for Latendresse   Pouliot traded for Latendresse I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:13 pm

KC and Anti on the other board say this is a steal, I haven't watched Latendresse much but he is big and strong it seems. Hope he works out...
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: Pouliot traded for Latendresse   Pouliot traded for Latendresse I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:14 pm

timotheuzi wrote:
KC and Anti on the other board say this is a steal, I haven't watched Latendresse much but he is big and strong it seems. Hope he works out...

Both of them hate Pouliot, so its not like that is a surprise.
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: Pouliot traded for Latendresse   Pouliot traded for Latendresse I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:23 pm

true, I liked Pouliot but he really was missing something mentally. If he finds it in Montreal, we are going to look stupid. Then again, maybe Latendresse lights it up in Minnesota. Who knows
Back to top Go down
Marlowe Syn

Marlowe Syn

PostSubject: Re: Pouliot traded for Latendresse   Pouliot traded for Latendresse I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:29 pm

I do think we are better off with this trade, marginally. Of course I gave up on Polly over a year ago. While now I can officially not give a good goddamn about Pouls, I think this will be a trade that can help both players. Looks to me like a we ourselves a real bona fide hockey player for a for a petulant little shit that will work for accolades and paychecks. Good riddance and good luck. And remember GL is only 22 so he also still has upside.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Pouliot traded for Latendresse   Pouliot traded for Latendresse I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:58 pm

I don't like this move at all, tho this may change depending on how Lats does, but the only reason i see this other then the obvious is hey we gave up on Pouls is we traded a Center for a LW.

Wish Russo would ask CF what he was smoking because it seems like some good shit.
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: Pouliot traded for Latendresse   Pouliot traded for Latendresse I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 9:12 pm

we got ebbett to center the 2nd line and ebbett is better than pouliot at this point in time IMO

I like the moves
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Pouliot traded for Latendresse   Pouliot traded for Latendresse I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:54 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
sooo it looks like Wednesday is going to be a big debut game for these news guys.

Not likely...Visa issues....and not the money kind.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Pouliot traded for Latendresse   Pouliot traded for Latendresse I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 12:49 am

you have got to be shitting me.
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Pouliot traded for Latendresse   Pouliot traded for Latendresse I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:50 am

00Xtremeninja wrote:
Russo
Quote :
Just an fyi first, it's doubtful Guillaume Latendresse will make his Wild debut Wednesday against Boston. He'll need to get his U.S. work visa first, and the Wild is unsure of the exact timing as of now.
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: Pouliot traded for Latendresse   Pouliot traded for Latendresse I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 5:10 am

I'm not going to say this was a bad move, especially since Pouliot hasn't shown really any consistency.. only a flash every so often and a decent game here or there. Then you look at Latendresse's stats and you see a guy who's a little younger and scoring 14-16 goals per year (in his first 3 years.) Now I'll concede that Pouliot hasn't been given much talent around him so far... but still the fact that he's only shown a few flashes means it's not really a loss to "cut bait" at this point. In fact, I'm guessing most people who are upset with the deal are still hanging onto the dream that he (Pouliot) will some day produce 50-60 points, when I think it's more likely that he's going to end up being a first round bust when his career is over.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Pouliot traded for Latendresse   Pouliot traded for Latendresse I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:46 am

OldTimeHockey wrote:
00Xtremeninja wrote:
Russo
Quote :
Just an fyi first, it's doubtful Guillaume Latendresse will make his Wild debut Wednesday against Boston. He'll need to get his U.S. work visa first, and the Wild is unsure of the exact timing as of now.

so hopefully Friday then................

I think we could speed things up on this. If the Nucks can line jump for flu shots, we can get this guy a Visa.
Back to top Go down
mplspug

mplspug

PostSubject: Re: Pouliot traded for Latendresse   Pouliot traded for Latendresse I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:55 pm

All I can say is..

Pouliot traded for Latendresse Couple5

Best move Fletch has made...but will this guy ever stop? What a change from going to a guy whose biggest move all year is Chris Simon at the deadline to this?
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: Pouliot traded for Latendresse   Pouliot traded for Latendresse I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:48 pm

mplspug wrote:
All I can say is..

Pouliot traded for Latendresse Couple5

Best move Fletch has made...but will this guy ever stop? What a change from going to a guy whose biggest move all year is Chris Simon at the deadline to this?

The best move Fletcher has made was signing Greg Zanon.

We were arguably the slowest team in the NHL before this trade, but now by trading a top-3 skater on this team for a fat lazy sloth makes us even slower. Good luck with up-tempo when the team can't skate Richards facepalm
Back to top Go down
mplspug

mplspug

PostSubject: Re: Pouliot traded for Latendresse   Pouliot traded for Latendresse I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:53 pm

Well sure Benny was a quick skater. He was so fast that half the time he left the puck behind him.
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: Pouliot traded for Latendresse   Pouliot traded for Latendresse I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 3:11 pm

mplspug wrote:
Well sure Benny was a quick skater. He was so fast that half the time he left the puck behind him.

If theres one thing that I always wondered about Pouliot, it was why scouts said he had great puck control/stick handling. That was the weakest part of his game.
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: Pouliot traded for Latendresse   Pouliot traded for Latendresse I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 3:18 pm

Richards will have to adapt his system a little to the players, if he can do that, it might not be so bad. Hopefully, Richards can get Latendresse to learn from Brunette and to try to play like him in addition to his hitting. From what I read, that is the best case scenario.

I am hoping the coach has them play a little like Anaheim in how they forecheck using muscle and puck possession. This roster might be able to do that, we are lot bigger and stronger than in the past.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Pouliot traded for Latendresse   Pouliot traded for Latendresse I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 3:31 pm

It was time for this move (overdue actually) and I'm glad he could actually get something of promise out of it...these guys are both surprisingly really young and have plenty of time to develop...

Obviously Pouliot wasn't going to be given a chance here to do that (by his placement on lines with either Boogaard or Shep or not even playing at all). I probably would've liked to see him play a bit on a Havlat/Belanger/Pouliot line or something of the sort but it wasn't to be.

Maybe he will excel in Montreal but there's no denying he was a complete bust to this date...and always will be the guy we drafted instead of Kopitar...makes me cry.

I don't even know who are fastest skater is right now...so by keeping Pouliot it isn't going to make us a faster team either...we are getting the pieces for a future puzzle that isn't possible to complete right now with guys like Nolan, Brunette, Boogaard, etc.

Wait and see is the stance I will take.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pouliot traded for Latendresse   Pouliot traded for Latendresse I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pouliot traded for Latendresse
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next