Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Latendresse Nominated for the Masterson Trophy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TaLoN

TaLoN

Latendresse Nominated for the Masterson Trophy Empty
PostSubject: Latendresse Nominated for the Masterson Trophy   Latendresse Nominated for the Masterson Trophy I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:44 am

From Russo...

Latendresse nominated for Masterton Trophy

Posted by Michael Russo
Last update: April 8, 2010 - 8:18 PM

Wild winger Guillaume Latendresse has been nominated for the Bill Masterton Trophy by the Twin Cities chapter of the Professional Hockey Writers’ Association.

The hardware goes to one NHLer each season who best demonstrates “perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey.”

After floundering for three-plus seasons being a hometown kid in Montreal, Latendresse was traded to the Wild for Benoit Pouliot and became a revelation this season. In 55 games, he’s scored 25 goals and 37 points. Only two players in Wild history (Marian Gaborik and Brian Rolston) have scored more.

“Now I only have to think about hockey,” Latendresse said. “In Montreal, there’s so many distractions, especially when you’re from there. Let’s say you play a bad game, for two weeks you’re going to hear about that. You can’t turn the page easily on things.

“Playing in Minnesota is so fun. It’s crazy. It’s just like Montreal, except off the ice.”

Latendresse could have arrived full of attitude and self-pity. He could have come to Minnesota and been a role player, and no one would have thought twice. Instead, he became exactly the kind of player the Wild needs -- maybe the first power winger in team history.

“It was about opportunity,” he said. “The way people were seeing Pouli here, maybe I could have been a third- or fourth-liner and they would have said ‘good trade’ because Pouli was not seen with the talent he has here. But I don’t want to be a third- or fourth-liner.”
Back to top Go down
Marlowe Syn

Marlowe Syn

PostSubject: Re: Latendresse Nominated for the Masterson Trophy   Latendresse Nominated for the Masterson Trophy I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:03 am

While it would no doubt be good to see a Wild player win a trophy in what has been a trying season. What with the expected, but still disappointing no playoff invite. And injuries galore to boot. If I had a vote I wold actually have to give the nod to Jonas Gustavsson of Toronto. In the course of his rookie season he has lost his mother, had two heart scares and still looks to be playing pretty good hockey on a bad team. NHL doesn't really have a comeback player of the year award. Cuz I believe Guy would win that hands down.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Latendresse Nominated for the Masterson Trophy   Latendresse Nominated for the Masterson Trophy I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 6:49 pm

Marlowe Syn wrote:
While it would no doubt be good to see a Wild player win a trophy in what has been a trying season. What with the expected, but still disappointing no playoff invite. And injuries galore to boot. If I had a vote I wold actually have to give the nod to Jonas Gustavsson of Toronto. In the course of his rookie season he has lost his mother, had two heart scares and still looks to be playing pretty good hockey on a bad team. NHL doesn't really have a comeback player of the year award. Cuz I believe Guy would win that hands down.

Agreed man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latendresse Nominated for the Masterson Trophy   Latendresse Nominated for the Masterson Trophy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Latendresse Nominated for the Masterson Trophy
Page 1 of 1