Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

wild trade 5th to SJ for fighter brad staubits

Go down 
+2
00Xtremeninja
forthewild
6 posters
AuthorMessage
forthewild

forthewild

wild trade 5th to SJ for fighter brad staubits Empty
PostSubject: wild trade 5th to SJ for fighter brad staubits   wild trade 5th to SJ for fighter brad staubits I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:24 pm

Per russo yeah guess boogard is gone and now we get to have less space cap wise
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: wild trade 5th to SJ for fighter brad staubits   wild trade 5th to SJ for fighter brad staubits I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:32 pm

wtf??? might as well kept Boogy.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: wild trade 5th to SJ for fighter brad staubits   wild trade 5th to SJ for fighter brad staubits I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:50 pm

He had 7r goals in 40 games is an rfa who made 500k so he is cheaper and can score
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: wild trade 5th to SJ for fighter brad staubits   wild trade 5th to SJ for fighter brad staubits I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:06 pm

Like i said on HFboards, its all about familiarity. Richards knows him from SJ, like he knew Brodziak from the Pens farm team. Meaningless pick for meaningless player. Hope he doesn't play every game. What the Sharks fans said is what I saw in limited opportunities, extremely poor hockey IQ but skating isn't bad, fighting is not at heavyweight level.
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: wild trade 5th to SJ for fighter brad staubits   wild trade 5th to SJ for fighter brad staubits I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:25 pm

mmm I don't like losing picks
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: wild trade 5th to SJ for fighter brad staubits   wild trade 5th to SJ for fighter brad staubits I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:50 pm

this guy got paid 500k last year, he's a RFA so he can be qo'd tho i have a feeling he'll get a 600k a year deal, he is a decent player, the can fore check, he can stay in front of the net, and he can provoke guys to fight him, guys like Booggard are dieing out, no one wants to fight him, he's too damn expensive.

not a bad deal it adds grit, and a guy who can actually make more of an impact, i think there is a vid of him blooding Tootoo
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: wild trade 5th to SJ for fighter brad staubits   wild trade 5th to SJ for fighter brad staubits I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:14 pm

Wild also signed him to a 2yr deal...

Wild sign newly acquired Staubitz to 2-year deal

(AP) – 1 hour ago

ST. PAUL, Minn. — The Minnesota Wild have signed right wing Brad Staubitz to a two-year, $1.15 million contract.

The deal was announced Tuesday, the day after the Wild acquired Staubitz from San Jose for a fifth-round pick in this weekend's draft.

Staubitz would have been a restricted free agent. He will make $550,000 this season and $600,000 next season.

The 25-year-old Staubitz had three goals, three assists and 110 penalty minutes in 47 games last season for the Sharks, his first full NHL season. The 6-foot-1, 210-pound native of Edmonton, Alberta, went undrafted and made his NHL debut in 2008.

The Wild have been trying to add more gritty players, and Staubitz fits that role as a frequent fighter. He did not appear in any playoff games for the Sharks this year.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: wild trade 5th to SJ for fighter brad staubits   wild trade 5th to SJ for fighter brad staubits I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:06 pm

For your viewing pleasure...

Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: wild trade 5th to SJ for fighter brad staubits   wild trade 5th to SJ for fighter brad staubits I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:34 pm

i dunno, i mean the role of the Enforcer is dying out with the instigator rule. It is good to have your tough guys, but players like Clutterbuck and Brown are going to be the new way hockey goes as far as hitting and physical aspects of it.

Just sucks because too many players like Burrows, Cooke, The Anaheim Ducks, are going to take more liberties on players and nobody can really stop them.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: wild trade 5th to SJ for fighter brad staubits   wild trade 5th to SJ for fighter brad staubits I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:38 pm

Staubitz is the type of guy who can force them to answer the call, as he will actually be getting ice-time to stand up for his teammates unlike Boogaard.

He's bigger than Cal and has proven he won't back down from pretty much anyone. A nice solid middle-weight.
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: wild trade 5th to SJ for fighter brad staubits   wild trade 5th to SJ for fighter brad staubits I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 8:06 pm

Wild trade 5th round pick for Staubitz

Minnesota trades 5th round pick for Brad Staubitz; Derek Boogaard's days are numbered and what it means for the Wild

Written by Derek Felska
Tuesday, 22 June 2010 14:57

I better start by saying I enjoy hockey fights. As a kid I liked watching fighters like Bob Probert, Tiger Williams, and Dave Semenko throw down. I loved the movie Slap Shot and while the violence on the ice was a bit over the top at times, I appreciate the role that enforcers play at the professional level. There is something to be said for a member of a team to willfully go over the boards to challenge the other team's toughest guy as a way to prevent further liberties from being taken on your skill players. It is a difficult and punishing job not only to the face but also to the fists as they often have to weather a few painfully tough jabs to the hard plastic of a players' helmet before you can start doing the real damage. The courage, that some think its pointless and or foolish quickly endears these tough guys to the fans. Nothing draws the ire of the fans more than the coward who turtles or who refuses to defend themselves and that was also portrayed in the movie. It is precisely why not a lot of fans have much respect for Matt Cooke who loves to be cheap but seldom pays the price when challenged to drop the gloves (unless it is an inexperienced skill player doing the challenging). Goons, enforcers, tough guys whatever you wish to call them do still play a role in the game whether you believe their importance is vanishing or not. (click on the link for the rest of the article)
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: wild trade 5th to SJ for fighter brad staubits   wild trade 5th to SJ for fighter brad staubits I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 11:31 pm

Pretty much a great poick up grit at 575k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wild trade 5th to SJ for fighter brad staubits   wild trade 5th to SJ for fighter brad staubits I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wild trade 5th to SJ for fighter brad staubits
Page 1 of 1