Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Injuries and the Pre-season

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Velmeran

Velmeran

Injuries and the Pre-season Empty
PostSubject: Injuries and the Pre-season   Injuries and the Pre-season I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 2:17 pm

Latest from Russo's blog has this edited to the top of his entry:
Update: Derek Boogaard out indefinitely with a concussion. Bouchard is getting over an illness. Hnidy has a groin. Weller groin. Pouliot groin. Sykora ankle, not serious.

Some players playing tomorrow: Havlat, Backstrom for 60, Clutterbuck, Burns, Johnsson, Sheppard. No Koivu, Brunette, Sykora.

Then we have Practice just started here at Xcel Energy Center. Of the “dinged up” guys, Mikko Koivu, Andrew Brunette, James Sheppard and Craig Weller are practicing.

Has the Wild in past pre-seasons had this many members who look to make up the 23 man roster dinged up in such a condition (or at least made it public)
Back to top Go down
Marlowe Syn

Marlowe Syn

PostSubject: Re: Injuries and the Pre-season   Injuries and the Pre-season I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 2:24 pm

Hopefully we are getting all those injuries out of the way, and this is not a sign of our season to come. Does anyone know if in the midst of this new management change if we got new trainers too?
Back to top Go down
MuckandGrind

MuckandGrind

PostSubject: Re: Injuries and the Pre-season   Injuries and the Pre-season I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 3:01 pm

Velmeran wrote:
Update: Derek Boogaard out indefinitely with a concussion. Bouchard is getting over an illness. Hnidy has a groin. Weller groin. Pouliot groin. Sykora ankle, not serious.

Some players playing tomorrow: Havlat, Backstrom for 60, Clutterbuck, Burns, Johnsson, Sheppard. No Koivu, Brunette, Sykora.

Then we have Practice just started here at Xcel Energy Center. Of the “dinged up” guys, Mikko Koivu, Andrew Brunette, James Sheppard and Craig Weller are practicing.

Has the Wild in past pre-seasons had this many members who look to make up the 23 man roster dinged up in such a condition (or at least made it public)

Sounds like those groin injuries are the result of bad ice at the X....I asked before and I'll ask again, if the ice is so bad - why not skate somewhere where the ice is better? Like Parade or SLP or wherever? Sure, it might be a pain to bus the players, but it's better than dealing with all these injuries.
Back to top Go down
Velmeran

Velmeran

PostSubject: Re: Injuries and the Pre-season   Injuries and the Pre-season I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 3:05 pm

MuckandGrind wrote:
Velmeran wrote:

Sounds like those groin injuries are the result of bad ice at the X....I asked before and I'll ask again, if the ice is so bad - why not skate somewhere where the ice is better? Like Parade or SLP or wherever? Sure, it might be a pain to bus the players, but it's better than dealing with all these injuries.
Need to draw attention to the bad ice situation, so that they can use it in their quest to get a separate practice facility build.
St. Paul is already on board with the idea, it's the rest of the state that need's convincing...
Best way to do that? Draw attention to a major con from the current setup and use it to their advantage....
Back to top Go down
MuckandGrind

MuckandGrind

PostSubject: Re: Injuries and the Pre-season   Injuries and the Pre-season I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 3:06 pm

Velmeran wrote:
MuckandGrind wrote:
Velmeran wrote:

Need to draw attention to the bad ice situation, so that they can use it in their quest to get a separate practice facility build.
St. Paul is already on board with the idea, it's the rest of the state that need's convincing...
Best way to do that? Draw attention to a major con from the current setup and use it to their advantage....

The obvious response to that question is put the ice in at the X a little sooner than they did....didn't they flood the rink just a few weeks ago?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Injuries and the Pre-season   Injuries and the Pre-season I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Injuries and the Pre-season
Page 1 of 1