Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Will Happen First (Sports Edition)

Go down 
2 posters

Who will win?
Chicago Cubs
What Will Happen First (Sports Edition) I_vote_lcap17%What Will Happen First (Sports Edition) I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Washington Nationals
What Will Happen First (Sports Edition) I_vote_lcap0%What Will Happen First (Sports Edition) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Buffalo Bills
What Will Happen First (Sports Edition) I_vote_lcap0%What Will Happen First (Sports Edition) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Detroit Lions
What Will Happen First (Sports Edition) I_vote_lcap33%What Will Happen First (Sports Edition) I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Toronto Maple Leafs
What Will Happen First (Sports Edition) I_vote_lcap17%What Will Happen First (Sports Edition) I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
San Jose Sharks
 17% [ 1 ]
L.A. Clippers
 0% [ 0 ]
Minnesota Timberwolves
What Will Happen First (Sports Edition) I_vote_lcap16%What Will Happen First (Sports Edition) I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

What Will Happen First (Sports Edition) Empty
PostSubject: What Will Happen First (Sports Edition)   What Will Happen First (Sports Edition) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 9:14 pm

Here is a game I thought would be fun and open up some discussion. Which team will win a championship first?

This edition is going to cover teams from the big 4, MLB, NHL, NBA, and NFL.

Each professional league will have two teams representing them. Teams chosen are determined by championship losses, failed history, etc etc.

All you need to do is vote on which team will win their respective championship before the other, and for fun toss in which one you think will happen first. If you think there should be a different team, throw up your argument!

MLB

Chicago Cubs--> 100+ years without a championship, the curse of the goat, Bartman and his glove, we all know the history of this team. If there is any team in all of sports that is due for a win, it is these guys. And when it does happen, the entire world may stop for a 24 hour binge drinking event.

Washington Nationals (including Montreal History of course)--> Here is a team that has been historically bad, but has had glimpses of hope. Touting a big name young pitcher last season who ended up pretty much as Kerry Wood version 2, this team has never gone to the World Series (neither has Seattle, I know) but aside from The Hawk playing there, what else has this franchise had to gloat about? The current president even insults the team by wearing a White Sox hat while throwing out the first pitch. Ouch.

NFL

Buffalo Bills--> Remember when Thurman Thomas and Jim Kelly made the Bills exciting to watch? I do, and I hated when they did it to the Dolphins. Since then, this team is suffering a big hang over. Add salt into their wounds and fans wounds by going to the Superbowl 4 years in a row and dropping every single game. Ouch.

Detroit Lions--> The Browns could also have gone here, but I picked the Lions on sheer fact of being in the NFC. Both teams had historically great teams before the NFL/AFL merger, but after that, it was all down hill from there. Barry Sanders is their most recent bright spot as of late, and can anyone out there name an impact QB they had over the years? I'll say Kita and Joey Harrington are not high on your lists.

NHL

Toronto Maple Leafs--> They kind of seem like the Cubs of the NHL. "Losers since 67" stands out everywhere and they too are a franchise that used to dominate, but are now a bottom feeder team. Every year they get a big hype at the start of the season, and then, splat, down they go. They have not made it to the post season in 6 or 7 years now, but they pack the house every night. God bless you Maple Leaf Fans.

San Jose Sharks--> I know there are multiple teams that could be up for argument for the number 2 spot here, but the Sharks should make this their slogan around playoff time "Welcome to the Stanley Cup Failoffs." This is a team that has killed in the regular season, bringing hope to an otherwise not so ideal hockey market, only to blow it at some point in the Playoffs.

NBA

LA Clippers--> 40 Seasons and they have never made it to the finals. Ouch. They have had some success, but not much.

Timberwolves--> Got to get a MN team in there somehow right? I tossed this team in because when you look at when the Lakers were here, they were a damn good team. Talk about having the carpet pulled out from under you if you are a basketball fan in MN. You lose the team to see it end up having amazing success in LA, you get stuck with the Timberwolves, then they pull the Northstars away at some point too. Double Whammy in Minny.

Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: What Will Happen First (Sports Edition)   What Will Happen First (Sports Edition) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 12:11 am

All I hope is that the Cubs don't win any time soon so people can say "Ron Santo helped guide the Cubs to the title"....or whatever gayness would come of that. Fuck Ron Santo.

I got a good feeling about Detroit though.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: What Will Happen First (Sports Edition)   What Will Happen First (Sports Edition) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 12:38 am

heh, Santo's angel. while they are rocking a patch on their sleeve this year they will win the division and make it to the WS.
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: What Will Happen First (Sports Edition)   What Will Happen First (Sports Edition) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 7:04 pm

Nationals sign Jayson Werth today to a 7 year deal. The Nats have a good shot are doing big things in the future if they can keep some of these players.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: What Will Happen First (Sports Edition)   What Will Happen First (Sports Edition) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 1:22 pm

good god, wouldn't that be funny if all of a sudden the nats win it all this year?
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: What Will Happen First (Sports Edition)   What Will Happen First (Sports Edition) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 1:35 pm

I would literally shit myself. And put it on youtube. I don't think Strasburg is suppoed to be back until midseason at the earliest.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: What Will Happen First (Sports Edition)   What Will Happen First (Sports Edition) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:23 pm

great, that will be when they make their push and be beating teams like the pirates and mets
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Will Happen First (Sports Edition)   What Will Happen First (Sports Edition) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Will Happen First (Sports Edition)
Page 1 of 1