Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL

Go down 
+5
Gnarkill
OldTimeHockey
TaLoN
00Xtremeninja
cehnehdeh
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL Empty
PostSubject: Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL   Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 2:26 am

Yup, currently #3 but the Pens are only 3 points up and we've played 3 less games. Tied with Detroit but we've played one less game.

Totally dominated an Eastern "powerhouse" tonight 6-2

Damn!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL   Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:37 am

hey, you're back!
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL   Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 8:05 pm

Wh00p... welcome back!
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL   Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 10:58 pm

Well yeah. Vancouver has never had any problems being a "regular season" team. But after that....... Wink
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL   Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 3:48 pm

reminds of San Jose.............
Back to top Go down
Gnarkill

Gnarkill

PostSubject: Re: Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL   Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 2:55 am

Hi guys! haha. hope all of your holidays were good!
Back to top Go down
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

PostSubject: Re: Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL   Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 2:23 am

And another win last night against the Sharks. Lookin' good but playoff hockey is worlds apart from the regular season. Just don't know how that Sedin line can handle deep play in extremely tough playoff hockey.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL   Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:01 pm

OldTimeHockey wrote:
Well yeah. Vancouver has never had any problems being a "regular season" team. But after that....... Wink

Presidents Trophy means homeice all the way through. Long way to go obviously but ya can't turn being #1 into a bad thing. Very Happy

00Xtremeninja wrote:
reminds of San Jose.............

Pretty much. Hopefully different results though.

Jagged Ice wrote:
And another win last night against the Sharks. Lookin' good but playoff hockey is worlds apart from the regular season. Just don't know how that Sedin line can handle deep play in extremely tough playoff hockey.

I dont get this. The Sedins, in the Playoffs, are both near PPG players. Ya have to admit that Gillis addressed the fact we were built for the regular season by adding talented grit, balance and dmen to the roster. Malhotra, Torres, Hamhuis, Ballard. Even Tambelini has been really good. Amazing speed on every line. (Except the Sedin line but puck control ofc)

Things are just going REALLY good, even our backup hasnt lost a game in regulation yet.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL   Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 8:54 pm

Face it Ceh, until something is actually ACCOMPLISHED in the playoffs, everyone will question if the changes made will fix their playoff woes.

Making moves to address issues and actually seeing results you intended from those moves don't always go hand in hand.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL   Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 2:09 am

TaLoN wrote:
Face it Ceh, until something is actually ACCOMPLISHED in the playoffs, everyone will question if the changes made will fix their playoff woes.

Making moves to address issues and actually seeing results you intended from those moves don't always go hand in hand.

All I can tell ya is that in 30 years of Canuck fandom this is the most excited I've felt about a Canuck squad.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL   Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 2:51 am

I don't blame you for being excited one bit. As a Viking fan I know how it can feel to look like you may have the team to get there... at the same time I also know how it feels when the other shoe drops and your left watching the other team celebrate on their way to the Superbowl...

As fans, we constantly buy in... but only a few actually break through.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL   Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 5:40 pm

TaLoN wrote:
I don't blame you for being excited one bit. As a Viking fan I know how it can feel to look like you may have the team to get there... at the same time I also know how it feels when the other shoe drops and your left watching the other team celebrate on their way to the Superbowl...

As fans, we constantly buy in... but only a few actually break through.

If we hadnt added so many peices I wouldnt be nearly this excited though. It's really hard to find any deficiencies in the Nuck game this season. Hell, we even have a backup who hasnt lost in regulation in 10 games games this year. We have a REAL checking line now...not small huys like Wellwood or slow guys like Bernier. Every move was an upgrade.

Obviously I've seen enough failure in professional sports to know that there is no sure thing but this years squad, IMO, gives my team the best chance I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL   Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 8:41 pm

I'm not saying you shouldn't be optimistic... I'm just explaining the reasoning behind the doubt from everyone else.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL   Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 2:56 am

TaLoN wrote:
I'm not saying you shouldn't be optimistic... I'm just explaining the reasoning behind the doubt from everyone else.

Besides the fact I'm posting on a rival board. Razz

Wild are on a nice roll right now, with some real key guys out. Grats.

I lol'd at SF at the WMB questioning whether to re-sign Burns..wtf..do you WANT to suck forever SF? lol
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL   Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 5:06 am

le sigh....SF........come on man
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL   Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 6:32 am

Uhh... Re-signing Burns is an absolute NO BRAINER! The guy is the closest thing we've had to an E-LITE D-man! How many D-men in the league lead their team in goals scored? ONE! Burns!
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL   Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:58 am

TaLoN wrote:
Uhh... Re-signing Burns is an absolute NO BRAINER! The guy is the closest thing we've had to an E-LITE D-man! How many D-men in the league lead their team in goals scored? ONE! Burns!

Exactly. Sportsfan always has been a little goofy though lol
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL   Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:58 am

^a LITTLE?!?
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL   Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 10:04 pm

first place canucks vs eighth place wild round one.... i like our odds lawl
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL   Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 12:20 pm

stanley cup bus is loading up!
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL   Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 8:35 pm

Getting a little ahead of ourselves?
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL   Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 9:11 pm

its looking like a possibility, but really I was just saying we could beat the canucks if matched up against them somehow
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL   Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 9:39 pm

My response was to ninja... lol
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL   Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 10:33 am

heh, enthusiasm FTW!
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL   Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 4:07 am

timotheuzi wrote:
its looking like a possibility, but really I was just saying we could beat the canucks if matched up against them somehow

Of course any team could win in a 7 game series but I'd rather not rely on a Cinderella type route.

Anyways..Canucks are tied for first place overall with Filthadelphia but the Flyers have a game in hand.

Canucks have been very, uhhhh, mediocre lately.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL   Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Canucks poised to take over #1 spot in NHL
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next