Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wild vs. Canucks - 1/16/11 Official GDT

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KillerCarlson

Wild vs. Canucks - 1/16/11  Official GDT Empty
PostSubject: Wild vs. Canucks - 1/16/11 Official GDT   Wild vs. Canucks - 1/16/11  Official GDT I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 9:55 pm

Wild vs. Canucks post-game report and much more

Khudobin delivers shutout as Wild earns 4-0 home victory over red hot Vancouver

Written by Derek Felska | 16 January 2011

I've always loved superheroes. When I was a kid I used to have sheets that featured Superman, the Green Latern, Batman, Aquaman, Hawkman and Wonder Woman. I used to watch these super hero shows on TV back in those days and like many kids I wish I could become one myself. Seriously, who wouldn't want to have super powers? Admittedly my favorite superhero is Spider-Man, and I liked the reluctant hero side of Peter Parker, and the classic axiom that went with Spider-Man, "with great power comes great responsibility." Legendary comic book (yes I know the current term is graphic novel) author Stan Lee has teamed up with the NHL for what has been called the Guardian Project where he has created super heroes for all of the league's teams. The Wild's superhero looks like a very ripped werewolf who allegedly possesses great strength, tunneling capability, force of nature like energy projection but also superior intelligence akin to the Beast, another one of Lee's creations. Either way, I like the look of Lee's superhero compared to the team's current mascot the mulleted Nordy. Although watching the Wild superhero rip apart Nordy might be kind of cool to watch. These new heroes will battle it out during the All Star Weekend in Raleigh on Sunday, January 30th where the winner will be determined by a fan vote via Facebook. Sure, this is a shameless attempt by the league to connect to younger fans but I like the creativity and the willingness to do something new and different. Recently, in a fan vote the Wild hero defeated the one made for the Dallas Stars, making it the lone victory over the Stars this season.

The Canucks superhero has not been released, but perhaps it seems unnecessary with how well Vancouver has been playing as of late. Vancouver has been rock solid in all facets of the game and their dominance has given them a giant 14-point lead over 2nd place Colorado for the Northwest Division crown so far. Minnesota may wish its superhero was playing tonight because it could use a little more tenacity as it has been mired in a 3-game losing streak. So will the Wild put forth a heroic effort or will they stand in awe at the mighty Vancouver Canucks? (click on the link for the rest of the article)

Probably the best full-game effort all season. There is a complete post-game report, as well as prospect reports on Jason Zucker and Sean Lorenz as well as an extended Houston Aeros update that tells you precisely where they're at thus far this season. It was a terrific game with lots to be happy about.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Wild vs. Canucks - 1/16/11 Official GDT   Wild vs. Canucks - 1/16/11  Official GDT I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 3:11 am

Nice win for your squad tonight.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Wild vs. Canucks - 1/16/11 Official GDT   Wild vs. Canucks - 1/16/11  Official GDT I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:10 am

bout time the hard work paid off. they were putting some good effort again in the 1st
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
shmiddy

shmiddy

PostSubject: Re: Wild vs. Canucks - 1/16/11 Official GDT   Wild vs. Canucks - 1/16/11  Official GDT I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 1:28 pm

My kid fell asleep toward the end of the second sos I left. I was like, "kid, if you think THIS is boring...."
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Wild vs. Canucks - 1/16/11 Official GDT   Wild vs. Canucks - 1/16/11  Official GDT I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 1:48 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wild vs. Canucks - 1/16/11 Official GDT   Wild vs. Canucks - 1/16/11  Official GDT I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wild vs. Canucks - 1/16/11 Official GDT
Page 1 of 1