Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wild vs. Canucks - Official GDT

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KillerCarlson

Wild vs. Canucks - Official GDT Empty
PostSubject: Wild vs. Canucks - Official GDT   Wild vs. Canucks - Official GDT I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 1:11 am

Wild vs. Canucks post-game and more, NCAA and WHL reports

Kesler nets hat trick as the Canucks dominate the Wild 5-0

Written by Derek Felska | 07 April 2011

Perhaps its my own personal hatred of the Vancouver Canucks that the Bloodhound Gang, "Shut Up" where a few verses that lead into the refrain goes kind of like this, "I hate you but you hate yourself too, I hate to be honest but I'd hate to be you, and I don't give a damn if you don't like me, 'cause I don't like you 'cause you're not like me, and I don't give a damn if you don't like me, 'cause I dont' like you 'cause your not like me, and I don't give a damn if you don't like me, 'cause I don't like you 'cause your not like me." That may be the feelings shared by the Wild and its fans about Rick Rypien after his earlier incident where he grabbed a fan. I agree, the attempted lawsuit the fan filed was ridiculous, but so was Rypien for even going after a fan in the first place. There have always been a few extra sparks between these two clubs and now the Canucks fans are up in arms over the league's 4-game suspension of Raffi Torres for a hit on Edmonton's Jordan Eberle. So a few of them are now calling for blood against the Wild because that makes so much sense? Anger can certainly make a person irrational, but this seems ridiculous. Besides, why would they want to do anything like that to the Wild who are a non-playoff team? Yes, its not a representation of all Canucks fans, but still, why wish injury to the team your playing not because of any slight of their own doing but because your mad at the league is defies logic.

(cue the M*A*S*H theme song, Suicide is Painless) The Wild are resembling a small clinic, with a whole host of injuries to veteran players like Guillaume Latendresse, Marek Zidlicky, Cal Clutterbuck, John Madden, Martin Havlat and Cal Clutterbuck all out of action for tonight's tilt. That means many of the Wild's young players will see more NHL action which is a nice treat after a solid season with the Houston Aeros. Maybe when the Vancouver Canucks are given the President's Trophy tonight that will help tame the flames of temper in their fans. Either way, I would love to see the Wild spoil their party. Will the Wild add a dose of cold water to the heated fans in Vancouver or will the Canucks give their fans the bloodletting that they are calling for? (click on the link for the rest of the article)

There were a few brief moments where I felt the Wild had a chance in this game, but that evaporated quickly with Raymond's first goal. My fantasy team appreciated it though. There is a NCAA report as well as a WHL Playoffs report. I just want it to end, sorry...I just do. Carson McMillan looked great though. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down

Wild vs. Canucks - Official GDT
Page 1 of 1