Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wild vs Oilers 1/18/11

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Wild vs Oilers 1/18/11 Empty
PostSubject: Wild vs Oilers 1/18/11   Wild vs Oilers 1/18/11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 1:51 pm

After shutting out the Canucks at home, Anton K, or Borat as I like to call him, has got to be feeling good about playing some more hockey. A night like he had against the Avs could shake a goalie but Borat showed he is ready to play.

The line juggling will no doubt continue tonight, but look for Clutterbuck to get back on the point chart as well as Koivu, Havlat, and Burns. The team as a whole has been putting together a solid effort and Sunday night showed it paid off.

The Oilers are struggling again this year and Minnesota should be able to take advantage of that.

Wild win 4-1.

Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Wild vs Oilers 1/18/11   Wild vs Oilers 1/18/11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:08 am

Remember the legendary "blonde" thread over on the official board? Well, she may need to up her game. Wild vs Oilers 1/18/11 749226

Wow
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: Wild vs Oilers 1/18/11   Wild vs Oilers 1/18/11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 1:49 am

Wild vs. Oilers post-game and more

Ugly road effort was good enough in 4-1 win over the hapless Oilers

Written by Derek Felska | 17 January 2011

People have always wanted the ability to predict the future. From Ancient Greece where they visited the Oracle at Delphi, to Punxsatawney Phil to Paul the Octopus or maybe something as simple as receiving a fortune cookie people wish to get an advantage by having some sort of knowledge of future events. Last week, there was news that the zodiac might be changing to account for the Earth's wobble and many people began to ponder the possibility that their 'sign' had changed. This change constituted a major faux pas of superstition. It would be tantamount to changing a person's 'lucky' number(s). Sometimes, technology is used to make a prediction. Whether its a simulation to find out the Deadliest Warrior like Spike TV's popular show or at times plays a major role in how match ups are determined in the case of the Bowl Championship Series computer. I decided to take a similar approach by using the one simulator I felt was appropriate for tonight's tilt between the Minnesota Wild and the Edmonton Oilers. The simulator is Konami's Blades of Steel for the Nintendo Entertainment System. Tonight before the action started on the ice at Rexall Arena the purple clad Minnesota team defeated the green and the gold clad Edmonton squad 14-13 in a shootout. Is that an omen of things to come?

The Wild are amongst a whole bunch of teams battling it out for a playoff spot in the dog eat dog Western Conference while the Oilers are a team whose playoff hopes seem fleeting at best. For Minnesota, this is a game they have to have whether its on the road or not. So will Blades of Steel be the new Oracle of Hockey for the State of Hockey News or will that be thrown into the trash heap of ideas the same way Fox's glowing puck was in the late 1990's? (click on the link for the rest of the article)

Ugly ugly game...but I'd rather have a win than a loss. I think they realize that (I hope). There is a post-game report, Wild prospect updates on Brett Bulmer and Darcy Kuemper as well as a complete rankings for Class 1A and 2A in boys hockey. Lastly there is a Girls Hockey Profile for the Centennial Cougars. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Wild vs Oilers 1/18/11   Wild vs Oilers 1/18/11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:52 pm

i called the score right!
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wild vs Oilers 1/18/11   Wild vs Oilers 1/18/11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wild vs Oilers 1/18/11
Page 1 of 1