Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wild vs. Coyotes - 2/5/2011 - Official GDT

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KillerCarlson

Wild vs. Coyotes - 2/5/2011 - Official GDT Empty
PostSubject: Wild vs. Coyotes - 2/5/2011 - Official GDT   Wild vs. Coyotes - 2/5/2011 - Official GDT I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 12:24 am

Wild vs. Coyotes post-game

Pyatt's goal enough to defeat the shot challenged Wild 1-0

Written by Derek Felska | 05 February 2011

Superbowl Sunday is just around the corner. It is nearly a holiday unto itself, and a pilgrimage to some. Nevermind the ridiculous price gouging, where fans are asked to shell out $1,000 or more just for a parking spot. The game is fed by weeks of media hype including the two-week blitz of pointless stories and lame soundbites from players and coaches. Its nauseating. Then again, I live in Wisconsin so the coverage of the event is amplified. Where the local news covers a story of a middle aged couple that purchased two tickets to the game at $2,400 apiece. I am a Vikings fan, but I don't care if Minnesota was in the Super Bowl, I'd never spend $2,400 on a single ticket. That being said I wonder what the Wild fans that decided to participate on the team's annual road trip to Phoenix for tonight's game paid for the whole excursion. Tickets in the lower bowl of the Jobing.com Arena are between $120-$75, a lot more affordable and in my opinion much more worthy of my fan dollars. Sitting at a game with an obscene amount of commercial breaks and an extended halftime show that fits in some silly concert in 30 minutes doesn't sound like anything Iike I'd wish to attend. Call me grouchy, but after two weeks of news of homer-ific news coverage bordering on the absurd, where a lead news story is someone painting a giant green "G" on a lake near Madison hopefully you can see where I'm coming from.

So back to tonight's game against the Phoenix Coyotes. The Coyotes resident Twitter sensation, Paul Bissonette called this a "do or die game" and that should be posted on the bulletin board in case the Wild need motivation. Minnesota has lots to feel good about as of late, winning their last 3 games and sitting on the cusp of a playoff spot. The Wild cannot afford to rest on its laurels because it is so much easier to plummet in the standings than it is to climb towards the top. Hopefully the Wild can deliver a victory for tose fans that decided to make the trip down to Phoenix to watch them play. Will the Wild make those fans feel the trip was worth it or will they be considering whether or not they should demand their money back? (click on the link for the rest of the article)

I am glad I didn't go on the road trip. Ouch, talk about a huge slap in the face for those fans as no one seemed interested in shooting the puck all game long. There is a complete post game report, a Houston Aeros update and complete Top 10 scorers and Top 5 goaltenders listing for Boys and Girls High School hockey. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down

Wild vs. Coyotes - 2/5/2011 - Official GDT
Page 1 of 1