Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gameday: Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Ducks, 10/14/09

Go down 
+9
sqare
Kevin W
OldTimeHockey
00Xtremeninja
Cool Slovak
timotheuzi
Jagged Ice
Quisp
Wild_State_of_Hockey
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
OldTimeHockey

Gameday: Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Ducks, 10/14/09 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday: Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Ducks, 10/14/09   Gameday: Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Ducks, 10/14/09 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 12:44 am

The thing that gets me is that some people think that sucking bad for a couple of years is a good thing, because we'll get some nice draft picks. Adding that with the new system in place, and things will be fine. But there's one problem. By the time we get there, Koivu and Burns will be gone. Tanking for awhile would be wasting them, and they won't stick around to see how it turns out. So while we may pick up a talented kid here or there, we're still gonna be somewhat screwed. The cap will be lower as well.

The "Doug" effect..... Mad
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: Gameday: Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Ducks, 10/14/09   Gameday: Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Ducks, 10/14/09 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 1:41 am

sqare wrote:
Havlat's injured according to Russo's twitter.

Well why should he play, its not a contract year for 5 years... It was said many times before the Wild signed him that there are 2 Havlats, the contract year one who shines, and the other one, who complains about injuries all the time. Gaborik sure is lighting it up, and to think some fans were happy to see him replaced by Havlat. Richards has messed up everything in terms of style, Schultz has no fucking clue what hes supposed to be doing and Burns thinks Zanon can read his fucking mind, and who said anything about set lines with Lemaire leaving, Richards doesn't go 2 shifts without changing them up, and its not because of injury. His love for Brodziak can only go so far, the guy is a fringe 4th liner, and they gave him a multi-year deal at over a mil a year, I'd rather have the rejects they brought up for 500k over him... Arguably the worst player on this terrible team... Best thing he can do is cheapshot a guy into taking a bullshit penalty call...
Back to top Go down
Wild Fan #1

Wild Fan #1

PostSubject: Re: Gameday: Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Ducks, 10/14/09   Gameday: Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Ducks, 10/14/09 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:16 am

OldTimeHockey wrote:
The thing that gets me is that some people think that sucking bad for a couple of years is a good thing, because we'll get some nice draft picks. Adding that with the new system in place, and things will be fine. But there's one problem. By the time we get there, Koivu and Burns will be gone. Tanking for awhile would be wasting them, and they won't stick around to see how it turns out. So while we may pick up a talented kid here or there, we're still gonna be somewhat screwed. The cap will be lower as well.

I was just thinking together of a rebuild plan, and in one year we could be back to a great team with a bright future. All we need is an active GM - I hope Fletch is just that. Dougie left Fletch in a good position to get his team in here. It was the advantage of shorter contracts. You just have to get rid of Bouchard. Use Sheppard to do it. In my plan Burns is gone, FYI. You do know that guys can be re-signed, right? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Cool Slovak

Cool Slovak

PostSubject: Re: Gameday: Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Ducks, 10/14/09   Gameday: Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Ducks, 10/14/09 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:41 am

OldTimeHockey wrote:

I thought Koivu is gonna stay forever. He is not Gaborik. It's in his blood. Shocked
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Gameday: Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Ducks, 10/14/09   Gameday: Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Ducks, 10/14/09 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 6:52 am

Wild Fan #1 wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:

I was just thinking together of a rebuild plan, and in one year we could be back to a great team with a bright future. All we need is an active GM - I hope Fletch is just that. Dougie left Fletch in a good position to get his team in here. It was the advantage of shorter contracts. You just have to get rid of Bouchard. Use Sheppard to do it. In my plan Burns is gone, FYI. You do know that guys can be re-signed, right? Rolling Eyes
Doug left Fletcher in a good position? He left him with Gabby who had already chosen to walk away, and there wasn't a damn thing the team could do about it. He left Fletcher with Butch's hefty contract which most GM's wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. And I doubt Shep would entice them if added to the package. That's a shit load of cash for two players who can't do shit. Riser left Fletcher with next to nothing for prospects, which means piss poor trading options. In order to get something good, you'll have to fork over Koivu or Burns. It'd be a wash. Riser didn't leave Fletcher in a good position. He left him with crap and not many options for movement.

Yes, guys can be re-signed. But do you think Koivu is gonna wanna stay here during his prime when this team is going through some rebuilding years?
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Gameday: Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Ducks, 10/14/09   Gameday: Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Ducks, 10/14/09 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:03 am

damn you Doug,

DAMN YOU!

piss
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: Gameday: Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Ducks, 10/14/09   Gameday: Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Ducks, 10/14/09 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 2:54 pm

OldTimeHockey wrote:
Wild Fan #1 wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:

Doug left Fletcher in a good position? He left him with Gabby who had already chosen to walk away, and there wasn't a damn thing the team could do about it. He left Fletcher with Butch's hefty contract which most GM's wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. And I doubt Shep would entice them if added to the package. That's a shit load of cash for two players who can't do shit. Riser left Fletcher with next to nothing for prospects, which means piss poor trading options. In order to get something good, you'll have to fork over Koivu or Burns. It'd be a wash. Riser didn't leave Fletcher in a good position. He left him with crap and not many options for movement.

Yes, guys can be re-signed. But do you think Koivu is gonna wanna stay here during his prime when this team is going through some rebuilding years?

The Wild have 10 players signed for 34M of capspace next season. If the cap were to stay the same, thats 22M for 12-13 roster players. And of those that are needed is a 1st line LW, a whole 2nd line(unless Sheppard or Bouchard fit in here), and a #1 d-man to replace Johnsson. That is not feasible with the capspace this team has. The only bright side is Missthenetagain and Brunette's contracts are up after 10/11, so those 2 guys contracts could handle Koivu's raise to around 7M, if that is what it is going to take to keep him(I do hope Koivu would sign for 5-5.5 long term, but I can't say I know what he wants). Keep in mind Pouls, Shep, Cluts, and Hards are all RFAs, but at this point it wouldn't surprise me if they let Pouls go because Richards doesn't seem impressed, and Harding will need to go because over 1M is going to be too expensive of a #2 if they want to try to fix the other problems with such little space. In the system Gillies is the only forward who should realistically be on the roster, while one d-man of Falk, Scandella, and Cuma could make the 3rd pairing, and Stoner could be the #7.

10 players for 34M, and look at the list. Koivu, Havlat, Burns, Schultz, Zanon, Backstrom, Bouchard, Missthenetagain, Brodziak, and Brunette. Only 3-5 of those contracts are actually good deals for the Wild right now. 1-2 of the bad deals were CF's fault as well. facepalm

CF has one more offseason to prove he knows what he is doing. He must extend Koivu and make his top-2 lines(F and D) respectable. Dumping Bouchard would make his job much much much much much much much easier.
Back to top Go down
Quisp

Quisp

PostSubject: Re: Gameday: Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Ducks, 10/14/09   Gameday: Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Ducks, 10/14/09 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:52 pm

Wonder if Fletch will do something to get Jordon Staal here next year. Yep, I'm looking ahead already.
Not saying it would be a great signing depending on how things pan out, I just think that will be somebody he pursues heavily.
Back to top Go down
sqare

sqare

PostSubject: Re: Gameday: Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Ducks, 10/14/09   Gameday: Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Ducks, 10/14/09 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 5:06 pm

The one thing that DR left this team was a decent roster of 2nd and 3rd pairing D-men.

We have Cuma to replace Johnsson (next year) and others are there to take the next slots. This is why I am not so worried about our D. Even if we are the bottom feeders come trade deadline, we can move Johnsson and Zidlicky then for picks/prospects. I would bet that Boogaard is also a trade deadline casualty if we suck which leaves Fletcher very prepared to re-sign Scott if Richards is still around as coach.

That would leave us with: Burns, Schultz, Zanon as our core D for a couple of years. Replacements would leave opens spots for some of our more notable prospects in Sifers, Cuma, Falk, Stoner, or Noreau.
10/11:
Burns / Zanon
Schultz / Cuma
Sifers / Scott / Other Prospect.

On forwards, Fletcher would get lynched if he let Koivu walk.

I am not sure any other GM wants to touch Sheppard at this point. If he has a breakout season, and we are still bottom feeders come trade deadline, Fletcher would have to move one of the centers. Maybe I'm just biased, but I want Sheppard moved over Belanger at this point. He's turned it on after being slighted, and I wouldn't mind tossing Belanger 2nd line duties for a while to see if he can keep it up. If he does, re-sign him for about the same and keep threatening him with demotion to the fourth line. That seemed to light a fire under his ass.

*grins*

I am working with a few Toronto fans and they are pissed that we are sitting on a decent pool for goalie prospects and Toronto has NOTHING. If Harding hadn't sucked (they saw that game on their hotel TVs)...

I need a Finnish translator to tell me how Hovinen is doing. 6'7" goalie that's exceptionally agile? Hackett? Dubie? Harding? Our goalie pool is decent at least...

The thing that I also keep harping on is this: How can anyone claim that we are in a "rebuilding" mode when we are spending so close to the cap? Too bad Fletcher has been unable (fail) to make any moves to truly rebuild. Instead, he is remodeling and his head contractor is a tard (Richards).
Back to top Go down
http://bozak911.blogspot.com/
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: Gameday: Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Ducks, 10/14/09   Gameday: Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Ducks, 10/14/09 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 5:09 pm

Quisp wrote:
Wonder if Fletch will do something to get Jordon Staal here next year. Yep, I'm looking ahead already.
Not saying it would be a great signing depending on how things pan out, I just think that will be somebody he pursues heavily.

Won't happen. If anyone is to be traded from the Pens it will be Kunitz, and the Wild should be very interested in him should he become available. This team needs left wingers, they have ONE on their roster right now, and he can barely skate(Brunette). Rene Bourque, Alex Frolov, Andrew Ladd(RFA but Chi has cap problems), Steve Ott, there are some decent options out there after this season.
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: Gameday: Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Ducks, 10/14/09   Gameday: Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Ducks, 10/14/09 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 5:12 pm

sqare wrote:
The one thing that DR left this team was a decent roster of 2nd and 3rd pairing D-men.

We have Cuma to replace Johnsson (next year) and others are there to take the next slots. This is why I am not so worried about our D. Even if we are the bottom feeders come trade deadline, we can move Johnsson and Zidlicky then for picks/prospects. I would bet that Boogaard is also a trade deadline casualty if we suck which leaves Fletcher very prepared to re-sign Scott if Richards is still around as coach.

That would leave us with: Burns, Schultz, Zanon as our core D for a couple of years. Replacements would leave opens spots for some of our more notable prospects in Sifers, Cuma, Falk, Stoner, or Noreau.
10/11:
Burns / Zanon
Schultz / Cuma
Sifers / Scott / Other Prospect.

On forwards, Fletcher would get lynched if he let Koivu walk.

I am not sure any other GM wants to touch Sheppard at this point. If he has a breakout season, and we are still bottom feeders come trade deadline, Fletcher would have to move one of the centers. Maybe I'm just biased, but I want Sheppard moved over Belanger at this point. He's turned it on after being slighted, and I wouldn't mind tossing Belanger 2nd line duties for a while to see if he can keep it up. If he does, re-sign him for about the same and keep threatening him with demotion to the fourth line. That seemed to light a fire under his ass.

*grins*

I am working with a few Toronto fans and they are pissed that we are sitting on a decent pool for goalie prospects and Toronto has NOTHING. If Harding hadn't sucked (they saw that game on their hotel TVs)...

I need a Finnish translator to tell me how Hovinen is doing. 6'7" goalie that's exceptionally agile? Hackett? Dubie? Harding? Our goalie pool is decent at least...

The thing that I also keep harping on is this: How can anyone claim that we are in a "rebuilding" mode when we are spending so close to the cap? Too bad Fletcher has been unable (fail) to make any moves to truly rebuild. Instead, he is remodeling and his head contractor is a tard (Richards).

Cuma is currently behind Scandella at least among our D prospects, and won't be ready for top-4 next season. Burns has yet to prove hes a true top-pairing d-man, and Zanon/Schultz are complimentary top-4s that are having issues right now(though Zanon's aren't his fault). The d is not set for next year, the future is bright though if Cuma, Scandella, Leddy, and Falk all pan out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gameday: Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Ducks, 10/14/09   Gameday: Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Ducks, 10/14/09 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gameday: Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Ducks, 10/14/09
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3