Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

*Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread

Go down 
+9
timotheuzi
Jagged Ice
cehnehdeh
thespeckledkiwi
zamboni14
TaLoN
00Xtremeninja
OldTimeHockey
Wild_State_of_Hockey
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wild_State_of_Hockey

Wild_State_of_Hockey

*Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread Empty
PostSubject: *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread   *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 9:45 pm

*Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread 2416.jpg?x=65&y=85&xc=1&yc=1&wc=164&hc=215&q=100&sig=vkaCeF
Goals: 6
Assists: 4
+/-: +7

10 points so far in 7 games. Added another goal tonight versus Los Angeles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hockeyfanfaceoff.com
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread   *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 9:59 pm

I'm holding my opinion until January. I want to see him face some adversity first and survive long enough without facing injury. But another fuck you to Doug for putting this team in a situation where Gabby walked for free. It wasn't Fletcher's fault, although I'm still seeing some people blame him. Yeah, he didn't make Gabby an offer. That's because everyone and their little brothers knew #10 wanted out. That's why we couldn't even trade him for picks near the end. Every GM knew he was hitting the market.

I just ask one favor. Let's not take the route of the old board and post every single time he scores or gets an assist. Is it really necessary?
Back to top Go down
Wild_State_of_Hockey

Wild_State_of_Hockey

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread   *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 10:15 pm

No, I of course agree with you on posting everytime he scores. It's just bothersome to see him thrive (and so far healthy playing in NY). I am really worried that his two operations he had will fix his glass groins and the Rags will have a rare elite scorer for years to come.

In all honesty, I want to see him win the scoring title at years end. I'd be happy as hell for the guy.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread   *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 8:20 am

so does that mean on the 30th when you are in the stands will you not boo the man?

I know I won't, I'll kind of want to deep down because I wanted him to stick it out and give the new guy a chance, but I know that bridge between us was burned, bombed, and butt fucked.

So Gabby, it'll be good to see ya, but please no hat tricks or anything.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread   *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 7:34 pm

OldTimeHockey wrote:
I'm holding my opinion until January. I want to see him face some adversity first and survive long enough without facing injury. But another fuck you to Doug for putting this team in a situation where Gabby walked for free. It wasn't Fletcher's fault, although I'm still seeing some people blame him. Yeah, he didn't make Gabby an offer. That's because everyone and their little brothers knew #10 wanted out. That's why we couldn't even trade him for picks near the end. Every GM knew he was hitting the market.

I just ask one favor. Let's not take the route of the old board and post every single time he scores or gets an assist. Is it really necessary?
I think it was more to do with the cap situation DR gave Fletch, knowing that the Wild could no longer afford him at the salary he was requesting. Had Backstrom not been re-signed, i think there would have been an offer made to Gabz.

00Xtremeninja wrote:
so does that mean on the 30th when you are in the stands will you not boo the man?

I know I won't, I'll kind of want to deep down because I wanted him to stick it out and give the new guy a chance, but I know that bridge between us was burned, bombed, and butt fucked.

So Gabby, it'll be good to see ya, but please no hat tricks or anything.
IMO, Wild fans have ZERO reason to boo Gabz. He's not the one who burned any bridges, it was all DR's fault. I will be HAPPY to see him at the X!
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread   *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 3:14 am

sorry TaLoN, I have to disagree to a point on the Wild fans having a reason to boo him.

-Gabby held out during his RFA period because he wanted money that he didn't earn due to injuries.
-(I can't say this is for sure, but it's an educated opinion) Gabby practically forced DR to trade O'Sullivan for Pavs (yes DR was stupid to let PD walk for nothing in return.) Take away that one trade, and we'd have another prospect in our lineup today (who knows, maybe DR actually takes Berglund... ok crack pipe is down.*lol*)

Now I won't fault him for leaving for more money (hey every player has that right) even if DR had given him a fair offer. But at the same time, fans have a right to boo that player for leaving (it's a double edge sword.)

As for this year, I'll wait to see the season ending stats to see if he makes it a full season or keeps this up.

But I will give Fletch credit in bringing in Havlat for 2 million (roughly) less a year for close to the same production (Gabby has a .878 PPG, Havlat has a .844 PPG) on a player who is 1 year older. True, Havlat isn't nearly the goal scorer that Gabby is... but I'll take overall production over just goals (that's why I like Koivu more then Gabby as well.)
Back to top Go down
Wild_State_of_Hockey

Wild_State_of_Hockey

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread   *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 3:28 am

Gaborik > Havlat

Gaborik is currently healthy right now too. Havlat isn't. No
Back to top Go down
thespeckledkiwi

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread   *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 2:36 am

OldTimeHockey wrote:
. It wasn't Fletcher's fault, although I'm still seeing some people blame him.

Those fans should be beaten like drunken Irish whores they are.

It isn't Fletcher's fault. It's DR and the fans' fault. YES. I blame the fans of Minnesota. DR should have been gone that summer but nope. We had to stick around one more dismal season with him because the fans weren't complaining or putting any heat whatsoever on the organization.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread   *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 9:09 am

thespeckledkiwi wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:

It isn't Fletcher's fault. It's DR and the fans' fault. YES. I blame the fans of Minnesota. DR should have been gone that summer but nope. We had to stick around one more dismal season with him because the fans weren't complaining or putting any heat whatsoever on the organization.
Sorry, you can't blame the fans for not complaining when the team just won it's first ever division title and had a good damn roster at the time.
Back to top Go down
thespeckledkiwi

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread   *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:52 am

TaLoN wrote:
thespeckledkiwi wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:

Sorry, you can't blame the fans for not complaining when the team just won it's first ever division title and had a good damn roster at the time.

And yet, Rolston left for only a 4th, Demitra left for nothing. Gaborik wasn't signed going into that offseason. Backstrom wasn't signed either. And the only upgrade Minnesota made was to trade for Chris Simon.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread   *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 12:44 pm

And we could see that DR was going to do nothing to replace them before July came around?
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread   *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:08 pm

12 points (6g 6a) through 9 games now....

IF he makes it 50 games straight I foresee him going the distance without any previously chronic-type injuries.

Sucks huh?
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread   *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:13 pm

It sucks that we won't see a guy with his talent for a very, very long time. And it sucks more that we lost him for free. But to be truthful, I don't miss the drama.
Back to top Go down
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread   *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:56 pm

OldTimeHockey wrote:
It sucks that we won't see a guy with his talent for a very, very long time. And it sucks more that we lost him for free. But to be truthful, I don't miss the drama.
Here, Here!
Back to top Go down
thespeckledkiwi

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread   *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 12:01 am

TaLoN wrote:
And we could see that DR was going to do nothing to replace them before July came around?

Given his track record. Yes
Back to top Go down
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread   *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 12:05 am

I saw this coming and back then would have taken a 2nd rounder for him. No way Gaborik was going to stay in Minny. He wanted to be on the big stage and now he's there. New York's new toy.
Back to top Go down
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread   *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 12:08 am

Gaborik if he remains healthy will be Manhatten's most favorite hockey athlete since Messier...maybe more!!!
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread   *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 9:51 pm

Good to see him doing well. He had a good night....of course he has to head out west yet.

Wait..spoke too soon. From Russo's tweets...

Quote :
RT @olsonmichael: @russostrib Gaborik, #1 star, did not come out. MSG seemed concerned groin.

Quote :
Marian Gaborik's last shift tonight with 8:13 left in the game. Could his Minny return be in peril?
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread   *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:15 pm

figures he would want to miss this game, is he faking? cyclops
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread   *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:22 pm

nm
Back to top Go down
Cool Slovak

Cool Slovak

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread   *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 5:37 pm

Prospal is reinventing himself with Gaby on the line.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread   *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 5:38 pm

He's injured now isnt he? I can't seem to find anything on the internet in this regard though.
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread   *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 5:40 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
He's injured now isnt he? I can't seem to find anything on the internet in this regard though.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=296228

Quote :
Gaborik scored two goals, moving him into a tie for first in the NHL with 10, and added an assist in the Rangers' 5-2 victory over the Phoenix Coyotes on Monday night. He was on the ice when teammate Enver Lisin closed the scoring with 8:13 left, but didn't finish the game.

He limped to the dressing room, creating concern throughout Madison Square Garden. There was no definitive word on what ailed Gaborik, but he said it wasn't related to his groin or hip that caused him to miss significant time in previous seasons.

"We'll see how everything is in the morning," Gaborik said. "I collided with one of their players, but it's nothing major. It happened with about five minutes left and the game was pretty much over."

Per Russo's Twitter
Quote :
Tortorella evasive about Gaborik's availability for tomorrow but said injury is not major and unrelated to hip/groin.
Quote :
RT @AGrossRecord: #NYRangers recall P.A. Parenteau from Hartford. Possible sign Gaborik won't be able to play vs. #Islanders tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread   *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 5:42 pm

So Mr Gaborik: Had Phoenix come back to knot it up would you have re-joined your teammates on the bench?

It'll be interesting to see if Gabby misses the next game or not.
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread   *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 5:43 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
So Mr Gaborik: Had Phoenix come back to knot it up would you have re-joined your teammates on the bench?

It'll be interesting to see if Gabby misses the next game or not.

Edited my above post to include this piece.

Quote :
RT @AGrossRecord: #NYRangers recall P.A. Parenteau from Hartford. Possible sign Gaborik won't be able to play vs. #Islanders tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread   *Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*Official* Everything Marian Gaborik Thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next