Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Should NHL Players be Allowed to Continute to Participate in the Olympics?

Go down 
+3
Jagged Ice
TaLoN
cehnehdeh
7 posters

Do NHL Players Belong in the Olympics?
Yes
Should NHL Players be Allowed to Continute to Participate in the Olympics? I_vote_lcap90%Should NHL Players be Allowed to Continute to Participate in the Olympics? I_vote_rcap
 90% [ 9 ]
No
Should NHL Players be Allowed to Continute to Participate in the Olympics? I_vote_lcap10%Should NHL Players be Allowed to Continute to Participate in the Olympics? I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

Should NHL Players be Allowed to Continute to Participate in the Olympics? Empty
PostSubject: Should NHL Players be Allowed to Continute to Participate in the Olympics?   Should NHL Players be Allowed to Continute to Participate in the Olympics? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 1:33 am

Personally I feel the answer is EASILY YES. The best players belong on the best stage no question.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

Should NHL Players be Allowed to Continute to Participate in the Olympics? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should NHL Players be Allowed to Continute to Participate in the Olympics?   Should NHL Players be Allowed to Continute to Participate in the Olympics? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 2:22 am

The olympics has always tried to claim to have the best atheletes, that cannot be the case without allowing NHL players etc.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Should NHL Players be Allowed to Continute to Participate in the Olympics?   Should NHL Players be Allowed to Continute to Participate in the Olympics? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 2:50 am

Speaking of Olympic Hockey...

My company, in partnership with the BC Lottery Corp, is giving away 6 pairs of Gold medal game tickets. Guess what the face value of said tickets are? $4500!!
Back to top Go down
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

PostSubject: Re: Should NHL Players be Allowed to Continute to Participate in the Olympics?   Should NHL Players be Allowed to Continute to Participate in the Olympics? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 3:24 am

cehnehdeh wrote:
Speaking of Olympic Hockey...

My company, in partnership with the BC Lottery Corp, is giving away 6 pairs of Gold medal game tickets. Guess what the face value of said tickets are? $4500!!
Do you know if they're expecting to sell out those games?
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Should NHL Players be Allowed to Continute to Participate in the Olympics?   Should NHL Players be Allowed to Continute to Participate in the Olympics? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 3:40 am

About a month ago they released the last 100k tickets for the events/opening &closing ceremonies. 1.7 million at that point had already been sold. I'm pretty sure the games are sold out now. (Or nearly sold out)
Back to top Go down
Cool Slovak

Cool Slovak

PostSubject: Re: Should NHL Players be Allowed to Continute to Participate in the Olympics?   Should NHL Players be Allowed to Continute to Participate in the Olympics? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 3:49 am

No doubt, YES.
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: Should NHL Players be Allowed to Continute to Participate in the Olympics?   Should NHL Players be Allowed to Continute to Participate in the Olympics? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 1:16 pm

I said "yes" but only because of how other nations were using "loopholes" to put their professionals into the games. If it was an even playing field (non-pros) I would prefer to see the college aged kids out there (WJC on a much bigger stage.)
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Should NHL Players be Allowed to Continute to Participate in the Olympics?   Should NHL Players be Allowed to Continute to Participate in the Olympics? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 3:44 pm

the issue here is money, NHL isn't making enough so they are trying to put the squeeze on to make some more money from the games, since the owners and teams are risking their prized players.
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: Should NHL Players be Allowed to Continute to Participate in the Olympics?   Should NHL Players be Allowed to Continute to Participate in the Olympics? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 4:36 pm

No question.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should NHL Players be Allowed to Continute to Participate in the Olympics?   Should NHL Players be Allowed to Continute to Participate in the Olympics? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should NHL Players be Allowed to Continute to Participate in the Olympics?
Page 1 of 1