Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ebbett claimed by wild

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
forthewild

forthewild

Ebbett claimed by wild Empty
PostSubject: Ebbett claimed by wild   Ebbett claimed by wild I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 6:29 pm

So we get Ebbett from Chicago, a center man,

Me smelling a trade when everyone gets healthy, and by the sounds of it looks like the Wild are trying to find a #2 center, this could be interesting, Ebbett centering Shepp and Havlat or Havlat and Sykora.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Ebbett claimed by wild   Ebbett claimed by wild I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 6:39 pm

so looking at our team now, we have

at least for wed

Bruno Koivu Shepp(try him) or Mittens

Havlat Ebbett Nolan

Brodz Shepp/Belanger Cal

Earl Shepp Pouls/Boogie

now we are not counting Sykora PMB or Kobasew when they come back either

i totally smell a trade Nolan and Belanger are the most likely candidates being impending UFA's.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Ebbett claimed by wild   Ebbett claimed by wild I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 10:43 pm

Mittens does not belong in the top 6 no matter how this roster is sliced.
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: Ebbett claimed by wild   Ebbett claimed by wild I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 11:29 pm

I don't see Ebbett playing on the 2nd line or they would have claimed him the first time he was on waivers. Then again, I thought Nathan Smith was Richards' boy, so I'm not quite sure what to make of this.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Ebbett claimed by wild   Ebbett claimed by wild I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 2:35 am

he was a 2nd line center for the ducks in the playoffs for the ducks, and i have this feeling that Belanger is getting traded, he does very well for a guy getting paid 1.5mil
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Ebbett claimed by wild   Ebbett claimed by wild I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 5:15 am

Just about anyone can/should be traded... ESPECIALLY Butch!
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Ebbett claimed by wild   Ebbett claimed by wild I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 11:35 am

it will be a long ass time before Butch is traded, right now he's getting paid to sit on his couch, i bet he's pregnant not concused, it makes all the sense lack of picks to show off her tummy,
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: Ebbett claimed by wild   Ebbett claimed by wild I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 11:28 pm

this guy looked alright on the 2nd line of the ducks team that beat san jose last playoffs... its something, at least fletcher is making moves.... its great to have a gm who doesn't sit on their hands all day ( i realize DR prolly would've picked ebbett up as well but you get the point)
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Ebbett claimed by wild   Ebbett claimed by wild I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 11:48 pm

dr wouldn't have done a thing. he would keep calling up Aeros kids and saying "these guys are our future, let them play!"
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Ebbett claimed by wild   Ebbett claimed by wild I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 2:45 am

Ebbett could work out here, this wasn't just Fletcher saying "OMG DUDEZ THERE IS HIM ON WAIVERS" he actually talked to Richards and got his take on it before taking a chance on him.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Ebbett claimed by wild   Ebbett claimed by wild I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 8:27 pm

He looks invisible most of the time, but he isn't afraid of the slot like another midget serving the popcorn in the pressbox. He's a better center than Shep for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ebbett claimed by wild   Ebbett claimed by wild I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ebbett claimed by wild
Page 1 of 1