Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rob Schremp claimed off waivers by Islanders....

Go down 
+4
Jarick
shmiddy
Fargocase
MuckandGrind
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MuckandGrind

MuckandGrind

Rob Schremp claimed off waivers by Islanders.... Empty
PostSubject: Rob Schremp claimed off waivers by Islanders....   Rob Schremp claimed off waivers by Islanders.... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:05 pm

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=293056

Classic case of a kid with tons of ability and scoring at the junior level, but couldn't stick with the big boys ...here's hoping that he gets his act together on Long Island.

Quote :
Rob Schremp is on the move to the New York Islanders, after the club put in a waiver claim on the forward.

Schremp did not make the Oilers and was ticketed for Springfield of the American League, but this was the first year he was required to clear waivers to be sent down.

The Islanders, by virtue of their last-place finish last season, got first crack at any player on waivers.

Sources say the Isles want to give the prolific junior scoring star a chance to play.

Schremp, who was selected 25th overall in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft, has tallied 3 assists in seven career NHL games.
Back to top Go down
Fargocase

PostSubject: Re: Rob Schremp claimed off waivers by Islanders....   Rob Schremp claimed off waivers by Islanders.... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:18 pm

Fritsche was cut, too. I still can't believe he couldn't be a help to some team.
Back to top Go down
shmiddy

shmiddy

PostSubject: Re: Rob Schremp claimed off waivers by Islanders....   Rob Schremp claimed off waivers by Islanders.... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:18 pm

I'm thinking he'll get time in Long Island. I wonder if he'll bust out the aerial dangles for the shootouts.
Back to top Go down
Jarick

Jarick

PostSubject: Re: Rob Schremp claimed off waivers by Islanders....   Rob Schremp claimed off waivers by Islanders.... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:54 am

Wonder how many teams put in the waiver claim for him?
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Rob Schremp claimed off waivers by Islanders....   Rob Schremp claimed off waivers by Islanders.... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:56 am

This is good for Schremp as he hails from that area. I can see the Islanders giving him plenty of opportunities to him to succeed.
Back to top Go down
Marlowe Syn

Marlowe Syn

PostSubject: Re: Rob Schremp claimed off waivers by Islanders....   Rob Schremp claimed off waivers by Islanders.... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 9:24 pm

Good waiver pick up for Long Island. i'm sure getting waived by the Yotes is quite a blow to the ego. The half full aspect is at least he isn't in Phoenix, with all the surrounding drama, anymore.
Back to top Go down
Beer

Beer

PostSubject: Re: Rob Schremp claimed off waivers by Islanders....   Rob Schremp claimed off waivers by Islanders.... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 9:36 pm

Marlowe Syn wrote:
Good waiver pick up for Long Island. i'm sure getting waived by the Yotes is quite a blow to the ego. The half full aspect is at least he isn't in Phoenix, with all the surrounding drama, anymore.

He was waived by the Oilers though... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Marlowe Syn

Marlowe Syn

PostSubject: Re: Rob Schremp claimed off waivers by Islanders....   Rob Schremp claimed off waivers by Islanders.... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:08 pm

Ummm whups. My bad. I don't know why I keep thinking PHX with him. Ah well same gazpacho, just different town.

Damn NHL09. He's on the Phx roster in my franchise mode. EA is altering my grip on reality. But not too worry. I by no means think that Shep is an 82 or Boogs a 77 in '10 version. I ain't that far gone.

Last edited by Marlowe Syn on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jarick

Jarick

PostSubject: Re: Rob Schremp claimed off waivers by Islanders....   Rob Schremp claimed off waivers by Islanders.... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:11 pm

I'm really surprised the Wild didn't put in a claim on Chris Borque...about 25g 45-50pts in the A...
Back to top Go down
mplspug

mplspug

PostSubject: Re: Rob Schremp claimed off waivers by Islanders....   Rob Schremp claimed off waivers by Islanders.... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 8:44 am

Why do people have such an infatuation with Fritsche other than he works hard? I don't mean ill-will, but he is a marginal NHL player.
Back to top Go down
MuckandGrind

MuckandGrind

PostSubject: Re: Rob Schremp claimed off waivers by Islanders....   Rob Schremp claimed off waivers by Islanders.... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 8:46 am

mplspug wrote:
Why do people have such an infatuation with Fritsche other than he works hard? I don't mean ill-will, but he is a marginal NHL player.

Agreed...players like him are among the easiest to replace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rob Schremp claimed off waivers by Islanders....   Rob Schremp claimed off waivers by Islanders.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rob Schremp claimed off waivers by Islanders....
Page 1 of 1