Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ISLANDERS TO HOLD TRAINING CAMP IN CHINA NEXT SEASON

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Marlowe Syn

Marlowe Syn

ISLANDERS TO HOLD TRAINING CAMP IN CHINA NEXT SEASON Empty
PostSubject: ISLANDERS TO HOLD TRAINING CAMP IN CHINA NEXT SEASON   ISLANDERS TO HOLD TRAINING CAMP IN CHINA NEXT SEASON I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 1:27 pm

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=308708

Quote :
t appears the New York Islanders are going global in a big way.

According to the New York Times, the Islanders will become the first NHL team to hold part of their training camp in China next fall, visiting Beijing, Harbin, Qiqihar and Shanghai over a 10-day period.

''We have gotten approval from the NHL Players' Association, the NHL and the Chinese government, and they are welcoming us and are excited about us coming,'' Islanders owner Charles Wang told the Times.

The training camp is expected to include regular practice sessions as well as exhibition games involving the Chinese national team in split squads.

''It will be an experience for our team, and an experience for the Chinese hockey fans to see an NHL professional team,'' Wang told the newspaper. ''It'll be a wonderful event to have the China national team to play alongside and with us.''

The Islanders maintain an office in Harbin affiliated with Wang's Project Hope foundation.

I don't know about this shit. I can see a road game playing in China, but a chunk of your training camp seems to be too much. Now I'm not one to typical empathize with millionaire athletes, but these guys, not to mention the unheralded support crew are one the road enough during the course of a season. While I would love to visit China, if I was an Islander player I would not be too thrilled about this. At least there aren't any NHL owners from Yemen.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: ISLANDERS TO HOLD TRAINING CAMP IN CHINA NEXT SEASON   ISLANDERS TO HOLD TRAINING CAMP IN CHINA NEXT SEASON I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 1:36 pm

I am guessing after this trip Tayror Harr will be rearry rearry good!
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Marlowe Syn

Marlowe Syn

PostSubject: Re: ISLANDERS TO HOLD TRAINING CAMP IN CHINA NEXT SEASON   ISLANDERS TO HOLD TRAINING CAMP IN CHINA NEXT SEASON I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:30 pm

So offensive, but so funny. I will apologize on your behalf tonight when I go to Shitty Wok for dinner.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: ISLANDERS TO HOLD TRAINING CAMP IN CHINA NEXT SEASON   ISLANDERS TO HOLD TRAINING CAMP IN CHINA NEXT SEASON I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 3:12 pm

heh, it was the first thing i thought of when i read the title.

if anyone is offended. lighten up and go listen to a stand up comedian.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: ISLANDERS TO HOLD TRAINING CAMP IN CHINA NEXT SEASON   ISLANDERS TO HOLD TRAINING CAMP IN CHINA NEXT SEASON I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 5:37 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
I am guessing after this trip Tayror Harr will be rearry rearry good!

funny but its the Kamikazi's that say that, at beast they better not bring their dogs unless the Isles players want food from usa.
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: ISLANDERS TO HOLD TRAINING CAMP IN CHINA NEXT SEASON   ISLANDERS TO HOLD TRAINING CAMP IN CHINA NEXT SEASON I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 11:50 pm

somewhere.... kim yong yilll is raughing, raughing at all ofr us. raughing at our rays an such. trying to disorn our ray rof rife~
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: ISLANDERS TO HOLD TRAINING CAMP IN CHINA NEXT SEASON   ISLANDERS TO HOLD TRAINING CAMP IN CHINA NEXT SEASON I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:00 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ISLANDERS TO HOLD TRAINING CAMP IN CHINA NEXT SEASON   ISLANDERS TO HOLD TRAINING CAMP IN CHINA NEXT SEASON I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ISLANDERS TO HOLD TRAINING CAMP IN CHINA NEXT SEASON
Page 1 of 1