Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wild Place Sykora on Waivers

Go down 
+4
forthewild
lolwat
00Xtremeninja
TaLoN
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TaLoN

TaLoN

Wild Place Sykora on Waivers Empty
PostSubject: Wild Place Sykora on Waivers   Wild Place Sykora on Waivers I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 6:51 pm

Just saw this on ESPN's bottom line... Safe to say his career is done?
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Wild Place Sykora on Waivers   Wild Place Sykora on Waivers I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 6:56 pm

ouch. best of luck to him.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Wild Place Sykora on Waivers   Wild Place Sykora on Waivers I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:07 pm

It certainly didn't help that he is such a slow skater on a team in desperate need for speed. Can't get open to get any shots... and such a liability defensively as well. He never fit in at all.
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: Wild Place Sykora on Waivers   Wild Place Sykora on Waivers I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:27 pm

Hopefully his situation does not cause any future signing problems. Its unfortunate Sykora did not play to his potential.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Wild Place Sykora on Waivers   Wild Place Sykora on Waivers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:07 am

Syora will get a chance on a team, someone will take him, we might have to use re-entry waivers to get rid of him, but yeah this was a bad idea in retrospect, if he hadn't gotten hurt and him and Havlat got going he might have worked out but with Lats now being the peanut butter to Havlats jelly we don't need Petr no more.

Bye Petr take your funny
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Wild Place Sykora on Waivers   Wild Place Sykora on Waivers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:56 am

He won't be going on re-entry waivers as the Wild and him agreed on a european transfer agreement when he was first signed.

He's gonna go light it up in the KHL with his buddy Jagr.
Back to top Go down
sqare

sqare

PostSubject: Re: Wild Place Sykora on Waivers   Wild Place Sykora on Waivers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 2:14 am

If any team claims him, it will be by 11am tomorrow and they will absorb the full cost.

See Cehn? I learnt. Cool

Pro-rated, of course.
Back to top Go down
http://bozak911.blogspot.com/
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: Wild Place Sykora on Waivers   Wild Place Sykora on Waivers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 4:28 am

any one wonder if Walsh's twitter remarks had anything to do with this? Might that have been the straw that broke the camels back? Think about it.. he's scratched, Walsh makes a remark on twitter about it, Sykora is put on a top line and still doesn't produce, Fletch says "ok, we tried your way and it just didn't work. Maybe it's better we both part ways now."
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Wild Place Sykora on Waivers   Wild Place Sykora on Waivers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 9:36 am

at least we have a gm that will say "well we tried, lets go back to the drawing board" where douggie would have said "ah, it is a mild slump. he will be able to get the ball rolling again soon."
Back to top Go down
sqare

sqare

PostSubject: Re: Wild Place Sykora on Waivers   Wild Place Sykora on Waivers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:53 pm

Oh, I am sure that Walsh's tweets had a lot to do with it.

Considering that he was the one pushing the #freepetr movement by posting all of those stats and then the tweets were shown to other players, the coaches, and Sykora.

Yeah, definitely a "whiney bitch" factor going on here.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Wild Place Sykora on Waivers   Wild Place Sykora on Waivers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 2:12 pm

well he cleared em, so who we gonna trade him too?
Back to top Go down
sqare

sqare

PostSubject: Re: Wild Place Sykora on Waivers   Wild Place Sykora on Waivers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 2:21 pm

Wild Place Sykora on Waivers 57786225
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: Wild Place Sykora on Waivers   Wild Place Sykora on Waivers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 3:23 pm

he's probably going to end up in Europe.

And I agree Sqare... Fletch is more of a "hands on" type of GM that is willing to move a guy and take a shot at another player who might just need a change in teams.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Wild Place Sykora on Waivers   Wild Place Sykora on Waivers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 4:59 pm

Sykora is rumored to be traded the only hitch up is the wild taking some money back, McKenzie (i trust him on hockey news) reports there may be two teams interested. He's going to do what ever to not be in europe, he can still contribute just needs the right team.
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: Wild Place Sykora on Waivers   Wild Place Sykora on Waivers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 7:59 pm

forthewild wrote:
Sykora is rumored to be traded the only hitch up is the wild taking some money back, McKenzie (i trust him on hockey news) reports there may be two teams interested. He's going to do what ever to not be in europe, he can still contribute just needs the right team.

Yeah 2 teams, probably Montreal wants us to take on Laraque, while the Rangers want us to take on Redden.........Have fun in Houston Siki!
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Wild Place Sykora on Waivers   Wild Place Sykora on Waivers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 8:46 pm

lolwat wrote:
forthewild wrote:

Yeah 2 teams, probably Montreal wants us to take on Laraque, while the Rangers want us to take on Redden.........Have fun in Houston Siki!

Sykora for Kristo or Stepan plus one of them, yes

but imagine a Laraque Boogard Scott line i mean sure they would get scored on by a u12 girls line but they would beat the shit out of anyone in the league.
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: Wild Place Sykora on Waivers   Wild Place Sykora on Waivers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 9:05 pm

forthewild wrote:
lolwat wrote:
forthewild wrote:

Sykora for Kristo or Stepan plus one of them, yes

but imagine a Laraque Boogard Scott line i mean sure they would get scored on by a u12 girls line but they would beat the shit out of anyone in the league.

I think GMCF feels he can't store one-ways in the minors, especially Redden's albatross, so I can't see them doing it even if it was GRACHEV + Redden for Sykora, and Grachev is an elite prospect.

Montreal and New York(Rangers) would be my guesses of the teams interested. They are near the limit in players signed so it would make sense for them to need to send a player back, while needing scoring help.

Just tossing this out there, but bring back Locke for Houston? Locke for Sykora, Rangers get rid of a contract(Locke is an RFA though). Valiquette doesn't make sense given our goaltender situation, but would save the Wild money. They'd probably want to dump Voros or Rissmiller on us though Sad

Montreal has Alex Henry and Mike Glumac on 2-way expiring UFA deals in the minors. D'agostini has fallen out of favor but is an RFA. Paul Mara is a UFA at the end of the year making about the same, but the Wild don't really need a d-man.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Wild Place Sykora on Waivers   Wild Place Sykora on Waivers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 9:55 pm

I agree with you tho GMCF isn't dumb his gamble on Sykora might have failed but he's far from a gullible fuck Riser was he won't take on some huge deal to get rid of sykora, worst case use re-entry waivers and eat half his cap.

Getting a prospect back would be nice tho or some guy who's stuggling and not liked sort of like Lats
Back to top Go down
sqare

sqare

PostSubject: Re: Wild Place Sykora on Waivers   Wild Place Sykora on Waivers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 10:05 pm

Could you imagine...

Sykora to MON for MAB...

LOL
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Wild Place Sykora on Waivers   Wild Place Sykora on Waivers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:12 am

sqare wrote:
Could you imagine...

Sykora to MON for MAB...

LOL

I can't see this happening since MAB is part of their top line PP now, but Sykora to Pit for Skoula would be an option.
Back to top Go down
sqare

sqare

PostSubject: Re: Wild Place Sykora on Waivers   Wild Place Sykora on Waivers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 1:16 pm

Do. Not. Want.

We don't need Skoula back at all.

Now, the rumors are that two of the trades on the table are for players the Wild are familiar with... Could be Foster, Locke, Kolanos, Veilliex, Skoula... Fedoruk...

The only one that I want back in the list is Foster.
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: Wild Place Sykora on Waivers   Wild Place Sykora on Waivers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 1:54 pm

sqare wrote:
Do. Not. Want.

We don't need Skoula back at all.

Now, the rumors are that two of the trades on the table are for players the Wild are familiar with... Could be Foster, Locke, Kolanos, Veilliex, Skoula... Fedoruk...

The only one that I want back in the list is Foster.

Tampa Bay, well they have the extra spots and cap-space. Guess it could be a fit but they want to dump salary. Adam Hall and Ryan Craig are on one-ways in the minors, though Hall is signed through next season. CF was in Pittsburgh when they signed Hall after we didn't tender him I believe. Can't see Fedoruk, is makes no sense to take on that albatross. Foster has played well for them recently so I don't see them moving him.

Phoenix is at 49/50 signed, so they could be interested. Joel Perrault is on a one-way but is a point-a-game AHL'r set to be UFA after the year. They have some no-name AHL'rs slated to be UFAs as well.

Flyers are like at the max, but they don't strike me as a team who would take Sykora. Kolanos, some scrub AHL'rs.

Any other team(save my previously mentioned Habs/Rangers) would surprise me to take him on.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Wild Place Sykora on Waivers   Wild Place Sykora on Waivers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:29 pm

This is whats giving keeping me at peace now, is that GMCF seems smart and that he would rather use re-entry waivers then take on some huge deal just to move sykora, i cannot see him just getting some massive deal unless there is more gold in it then just sykora for another bad player.

Lets hope i'm right, foster has played well for tampa, too bad we can't do Sykora for Leopold :/
Back to top Go down
sqare

sqare

PostSubject: Re: Wild Place Sykora on Waivers   Wild Place Sykora on Waivers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:46 pm

"trade involving a player the Wild are very familiar with" is all I am hearing.

They guy I know down in Chicago that typically has his nose in all things hockey is saying Skoula. This was the guy that texted me the night before UFA saying "hope you enjoy Havlat".

I am changing my mind on Skoula coming back. It may make a lot of sense in the bigger GMCF picture. Moving Sykora for Skoula gives us a solid D-Dman to take the place of Johnsson/Zidlicky later.

From a fire sale pov... Johnsson gone, Skoula back.
Schultz - Burns
Zanon - Zidlicky
Skoula - Scott - Stoner
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: Wild Place Sykora on Waivers   Wild Place Sykora on Waivers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 3:42 pm

sqare wrote:
"trade involving a player the Wild are very familiar with" is all I am hearing.

They guy I know down in Chicago that typically has his nose in all things hockey is saying Skoula. This was the guy that texted me the night before UFA saying "hope you enjoy Havlat".

I am changing my mind on Skoula coming back. It may make a lot of sense in the bigger GMCF picture. Moving Sykora for Skoula gives us a solid D-Dman to take the place of Johnsson/Zidlicky later.

From a fire sale pov... Johnsson gone, Skoula back.
Schultz - Burns
Zanon - Zidlicky
Skoula - Scott - Stoner

Can't see Pittsburgh wanting him back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wild Place Sykora on Waivers   Wild Place Sykora on Waivers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wild Place Sykora on Waivers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next