Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens

Go down 
+6
KillerCarlson
forthewild
sqare
Dee Oh Cee
Kevin W
00Xtremeninja
10 posters
AuthorMessage
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens Empty
PostSubject: 1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens   1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:44 am

1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens 102661/11 GDT Wild vs Pens Pittsburgh_penguins_2000

Quote :
Wild will try to build off big win as they face Penguins
Eric Goodman - NHL.com
PENGUINS (28-17-1) AT WILD (22-20-3)

Last 10 -- Pittsburgh 3-7-0; Minnesota 5-5-0

Season series -- This is the second and final meeting of the season between these two cross-conference clubs. Minnesota was victorious, 2-1, back on Halloween night in Pittsburgh despite managing only 15 shots against Marc-Andre Fleury. Wild goaltender Niklas Backstrom was impressive that night, making 34 saves for the hard-earned win.

Big story -- The Penguins are set to play the second of their current five-game road trip, which concludes this Saturday in Vancouver. Pittsburgh has dropped six of its last eight contests and will also be seeking to avoid a third consecutive defeat to the Western Conference's Wild. Meanwhile, Minnesota will be seeking to build a winning streak with a potential third straight victory at stake.

Team Scope:

Penguins -- The Pens welcomed back Sergei Gonchar to the lineup on Saturday and the defenseman wasted no time making a contribution as he scored two goals and added an assist to help Pittsburgh to the 6-2 win over the Toronto Maple Leafs at Air Canada Centre. The veteran had missed the previous four games due to a foot injury.

"He's a guy who can change a game with the way he manages the puck and the way he shoots it," captain Sidney Crosby said after the game. "He proved it with his shot here that he’s tough to stop. He got some quality looks and made them pay."

Wild -- Minnesota is still bunched up with a number of teams aiming to secure the final few playoff spots in the West, but a 6-5 shootout victory over the mighty Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday might have given the team the boost it needed. The Wild were trailing, 5-1, entering the third period, before getting four unanswered goals to force the extra period.

"The first 40 minutes we watched them skate and watched them play," coach Todd Richards said after Saturday's tilt at Xcel Energy Center. "We had a couple opportunities. But the last 20 minutes was great. The crowd and the atmosphere was unbelievable."

Who’s hot -- Crosby has scored at least one goal in three of his last four games for Pittsburgh. … Right wing Martin Havlat is in the midst of a seven-game points streak for Minnesota.

Injury report -- Forward Chris Kunitz (abdominal surgery) will be out for at least a month for the Pens. … Defenseman Clayton Stoner is questionable with a groin injury for Minnesota. Defenseman Brent Burns continues to skate on his own but a timetable still has not been set for his return. Forwards Pierre-Marc Bouchard (concussion) and Chuck Kobasew are still on injured reserve.

Stat pack -- The Pens have just recently crept out of last place in power-play percentage, but they are just 29th in the NHL at 14.7 percent. … Backup goalie Josh Harding was perfect in relief of Backstrom for the third period and overtime on Saturday, turning aside all 13 shots faced for a 1.000 save percentage.

Puck drop -- Minnesota certainly lucked out having Harding come into Saturday's game cold and turn in such a great performance. However, they will have to do a better job giving support to Backstrom, the regular starter.

"Sometimes it's a lot easier coming off the bench," Harding said. "When you're down by that much, there's not really a lot of pressure. You just go out there and have fun."

crosby can SUCK IT

Wild win it 2-1
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: 1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens   1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 5:41 pm

*wears crosby jersey*

1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens 611636
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: 1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens   1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 5:45 pm

crosby toewser
Back to top Go down
sqare

sqare

PostSubject: Re: 1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens   1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 5:47 pm

I wonder if Crosby will vacate a puck drop whining at the ref again this game... Cool
Back to top Go down
http://bozak911.blogspot.com/
sqare

sqare

PostSubject: Re: 1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens   1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 9:17 pm

That goal brought to you by: Zidlicky after he turned the puck over TWICE.
Back to top Go down
http://bozak911.blogspot.com/
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: 1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens   1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 9:19 pm

sqare wrote:
That goal brought to you by: Zidlicky after he turned the puck over TWICE.

actually that was Zannon who pinched bad and let crosby win the battle in the crease.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: 1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens   1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 9:30 pm

Lol! We have perfected the bouncing goal.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: 1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens   1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:32 pm

Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: 1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens   1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:44 pm

hey, if i go spam the shit out of the pens boards, will i be banned across all nhl boards or just the pens one? i think we need some trolling here to make life fun. lol
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: 1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens   1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 11:10 pm

how about LATS he's been the Fleurybane that should be his new nick name Guillome Fleurybane
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: 1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens   1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 11:13 pm

Fuck you Serghey you faggot i hope when you get out Booggard gets a hold of your fucking communist russian ass and tears you a new hole, 5 min pp lets go guys
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: 1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens   1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 11:36 pm

4-3 Wild not pretty at times but entertaining to watch, now we'll get to read stories about how the wild are poised for the playoffs and we will be buyers etc untill we lose like 2 in a row and we get the influx of sell sell sell, sell the players sell the coach sell the kids sell the state sell everything.

Fleurybane was insane loving the trade.

here is one for TaLoN Lats was 1 point shy (mind you he could have gotten this he's had chances) of matching Shepp's season total, tell us how much ya love Shepp TaLoN
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: 1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens   1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 2:18 am

Wild vs. Pens In-Game / Post-Game and much more

The State of Hockey News
An objective and balanced view of Minnesota Hockey

Latendresse’s 4-point night paces Wild to 4-3 home win over the Penguins

A few days ago, the Wild provided its fans with perhaps the most purely thrilling game in the franchise history coming back from a 5-1 deficit to start the 3rd period to win 6-5 in overtime against the high powered Chicago Blackhawks. It was both improbable and magical, the way the Wild willed themselves to earn a victory. It was almost reminiscent of the 2002-03 Wild that somehow found the willpower to rally themselves back from 3-1 deficits not once but twice to earn giant upset victories over the Avalanche and Canucks respectively. I have to admit, part of me is still in shock over what the Wild were able to accomplish Saturday and it reminds me myself of a game I was in where the opposing team was heavily favored yet my team came out on top. In all of these cases the euphoria of the victory took days to finally fade back to normal.

Yet that will probably be the Minnesota Wild’s biggest challenge tonight. Can the team follow up an outstanding victory with another against the defending Stanley Cup champion Pittsburgh Penguins? The Penguins have struggled a bit as of late and will be looking at tonight’s game as a glorious opportunity to get things back on track, so can the Wild put a miraculous Saturday night behind them and respond with another outstanding effort? To wit, the Wild really only had one good period of hockey in that game against Chicago so it should still have plenty of energy at its disposal when they face off against the Penguins. That being said, tonight’s game will probably be more of a battle of being able to focus mentally and bring their “A” game than worrying precisely how they’re going to hold off the dynamic duo of Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin. Will Minnesota be caught in a haze of euphoria from last game or will it be focused to deliver yet another improbable victory for what will likely be another sellout crowd? (click on the link for the rest of the article)

There is the in-game & post-game article as well as little message to Grapes over something he said on Coaches' Corner, a Houston Aeros update and a Boys High School Hockey report. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: 1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens   1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 2:24 am

So according to Russo Riser is the rangers scout now, any chance we could trade PMB for Del Zotto and Stepan?
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: 1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens   1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 2:27 am

Ya think Riser and Gabby spend time together on Sunday afternoons attending broadway shows?
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: 1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens   1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 2:33 am

OldTimeHockey wrote:
Ya think Riser and Gabby spend time together on Sunday afternoons attending broadway shows?

Naw, they go to NYC Pizza places talking about how fucking glad both of them are to be out of the armpit known as Minnesota.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: 1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens   1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 10:38 am

forthewild wrote:
So according to Russo Riser is the rangers scout now, any chance we could trade PMB for Del Zotto and Stepan?

cue start of crumbling empire
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: 1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens   1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 1:41 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
forthewild wrote:

cue start of crumbling empire

think of the empire as a tower, now only is the rangers tower now crumbling before Riser, he's going to drive it so far into the ground that it will take them decades of overpaying to rebuild. My guess is Riser was in MN to scount MN player, they must really be impressed with Stepen.
Back to top Go down
Cool Slovak

Cool Slovak

PostSubject: Re: 1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens   1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:

Naw, they go to NYC Pizza places talking about how fucking glad both of them are to be out of the armpit known as Minnesota.

Today they get wasted together with JL.
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: 1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens   1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 2:39 am

Article
Quote :

Clutterbuck was upset Gonchar wasn't suspended by the NHL.

"I'd have been suspended indefinitely," Clutterbuck said. "There's no doubt that all he was trying to do was hurt me."

Gonchar told Pittsburgh reporters: "[Clutterbuck] hit me in the head, which I thought the NHL was now looking for. ... In my opinion it was a late [hit], a [dirty] hit and that's why I paid him back."

As for Gonchar's hit, Clutterbuck said if he was knocked out or taken off the ice on a stretcher, "then it's an uproar. But because I got up and my nose is bleeding a little bit, it's a different story?"
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: 1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens   1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 3:40 am

Cal has good reason to be upset, as Gonchar SHOULD have been suspended!
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: 1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens   1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 5:58 am

TaLoN wrote:
Cal has good reason to be upset, as Gonchar SHOULD have been suspended!

yeah he came in with his hands high with intent to hit, it was lucky Cal saw him at least a little and braced him self some, but if the roles were reversed Cal would have been suspended for at least 2 games if not more.

Fact was Cal did his job he finished a strong clean check, SerGAY cheap shotted him, fuck the gnome and his favoritism.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens   1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1/11 GDT Wild vs Pens
Page 1 of 1