Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pens to have a Free Home Pre-season Game

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TaLoN

TaLoN

Pens to have a Free Home Pre-season Game Empty
PostSubject: Pens to have a Free Home Pre-season Game   Pens to have a Free Home Pre-season Game I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 11:05 pm

Pens offer freebie home game

Quote :
PITTSBURGH (AP)—When the Pittsburgh Penguins host the Columbus Blue Jackets next Saturday in the second hockey game ever at the brand-new Consol Energy Center, team CEO David Morehouse expects a full house of 18,000 and gate receipts of $0.

He couldn’t be happier about either number.

In what’s believed to be a first-of-its-kind promotion, the Penguins are staging a free preseason game billed as the “Ultimate Home Game.”

The team is forgoing more than $1 million in gate receipts by giving away tickets, including 8,000 to college and trade school students who will also attend an in-game job fair. The other 10,000 tickets are going to area youth hockey leagues, a charity that gives event tickets to underprivileged kids and members of the team’s Kids Club.

Where’s the catch?

“There’s no catch,” Morehouse told The Associated Press in an exclusive interview. “Part of the reward of doing good things is that it makes you feel good.”

ALL Pre-season games should be free!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Pens to have a Free Home Pre-season Game   Pens to have a Free Home Pre-season Game I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 10:25 am

i don't think they should all be free but the cost needs to be like 1/4 of the regular prices, they have to pay for the facilities and all the employees who are going to work there. but having a free pre-season game would be nice.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Pens to have a Free Home Pre-season Game   Pens to have a Free Home Pre-season Game I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 10:01 pm

at most it should be $15 lowers, $10 uppers for preseason.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Pens to have a Free Home Pre-season Game   Pens to have a Free Home Pre-season Game I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 10:09 pm

That's awesome.
Back to top Go down
angelina_e

angelina_e

PostSubject: Re: Pens to have a Free Home Pre-season Game   Pens to have a Free Home Pre-season Game I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 11:17 pm

Sort of surprising in a new arena, but they know they'll make up for it later on. Very cool of them to do this!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pens to have a Free Home Pre-season Game   Pens to have a Free Home Pre-season Game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pens to have a Free Home Pre-season Game
Page 1 of 1