Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks

Go down 
+5
lolwat
Marlowe Syn
KillerCarlson
forthewild
00Xtremeninja
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks Empty
PostSubject: 2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks   2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 1:57 pm

2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks Min
IMAGE EDITED FOR THOSE OF US CONTRIBUTING AT WORK.

The Minnesota Wild will take the ice today against a team that has fucked them in the ass a few too many times this year. Crucial game for the Wild as they hope to keep their playoff chances alive. If the Canucks can successfully fuck over the Minnesota Wild again in this game, the chances for a backdoor entrance into the playoffs is going to be tight to non-exsistent.

When asking coach Richards about his struggles against the Nucks this year, he stated "well, quite honestly the way the Sedin twins talk to eachother creeps me out. They always talk about oils and candles. What's really bad is they talk about this shit next to Backs or whichever goalie we have stretching himself out during warm ups. It makes our goalies uneasy and distracted."

Team Canada's BACKUP goalie for the Olympics, Roberto Louongo commented on the Canucks success thus far this season and against the Wild. "Well, I have been doing something drastic, and dangerous since the beginning of this year. I have cut a hole in my breezers to let my nuts hang out a bit. When I play in my stand up position other players can see it and it distracts them. I pray every game nobody shoots 5 hole on me though, I had too many close calls. Luckily, if I drop to butterfly position, my nuts hit the ice and retract back up. The refs are none the wiser."

The officials however have noticed, but refuse to say anything. An Anonymous official was quoted saying "we see it, nothing new as Cloutier was doing that before Lou. We figured if someone is dumb enough to let their coin purse hang out like that, they deserve what happens. But I don't complain when I get tea-bagged sometimes."

Expect to see Koivu and Latendresse take extra pokes with their large sticks at Lou's 5 hole area today. They have gotten over the initial shock of it all and want to make sure Lou can't skip out on anymore All Star games by having anymore kids.

From all of us here at MHF, HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!!!

Wild lose 5-3 on account of Clutterbuck still being frightened by Lou's nutsack.

Last edited by 00Xtremeninja on Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: 2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks   2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 2:42 pm

We win this one 4-3, i think Barker will play with a spark tonight, and vancouver has been on the road for a while now, you can't look at the first 3 games so much, first 2 were very early one, we got some new guys since them, game 3 was a sloppy 3 easy goals harding let in that put us down. We got these bitches
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: 2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks   2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 7:17 pm

Wild In-game & Post-game and lots more

The State of Hockey News
An objective and balanced view of Minnesota Hockey

Power play dominates as Wild cruise to important 6-2 home victory over Vancouver

Some people are calling it the “mini deadline” as NHL teams look to make some deals before the Olympic break which puts a freeze on all player movement. NHL teams cannot even meet with their players or hold practices during the two-week hiatus. Yet that won’t stop NHL General Managers from talking to one another about their plans before the NHL’s official trade deadline on March 3rd. For some teams, they’ve already begun making their moves guessing it will give their team more time to adjust to new players and systems. The Wild did precisely that as they dealt soon to be an unrestricted free agent veteran defenseman Kim Johnsson as well as 2010 1st round pick (16th Overall) Nick Leddy to the Chicago Blackhawks for defenseman Cam Barker who was originally selected 3rd Overall in 2004. Barker should make his Wild debut this afternoon, while Johnsson is already paying dividends for his new team as he scored a goal as the Blackhawks edged the Atlanta Thrashers 5-4 in a shootout. So will this be a trade that Wild fans shake their heads at in shame or will this be the addition of a key piece to the organizations blueline? Only time will tell.

At the start of this 5-game homestand the Wild gave some reasons for hope as they earned two victories over Edmonton and Philadelphia respectively with two gutsy efforts by Josh Harding and Anton Khudobin respectively. It seemed as though the team’s chances of making the most of this homestand would be better if Niklas Backstrom returned. He has returned and instead of being a source of strength one has to question his play the last two games. With every point being so crucial, the decision as to who to start between the pipes has now become a tough one with Backstrom’s play being sub-par and plucky young Russian who seems both confident and fun loving. Who will get the nod? More importantly, will the Wild finish out this homestand with a win over its hated rival, or will the Canucks give the people of Vancouver one more reason to celebrate? (click on the link for the rest of the article)

There is a complete In-game and post game, two Aeros reports and WCHA Men's Hockey round up.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: 2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks   2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 7:19 pm

6-2 the final i watched 2 periods of the game and the wild played really well. The first goal was a great set up by Nolan and off the rebound Guillame crashed the net and got the tally. The two pp goals were the same, just working and working. Shepp had a fight he got punched many times while the other dude had a jersey over his head, so TaLoN can post a comment on that.

Burns played fucking amazing, making moves, winning battles, he keeps this up and we're in a good position. Still don't like Zits but won't bitch too much as he had 2 points.

Also Lou keeps playing this way and i would say Vancouver got a steal on that deal with him, at least from the Wild's point of view.
Back to top Go down
Marlowe Syn

Marlowe Syn

PostSubject: Re: 2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks   2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:51 pm

New meat looked pretty good. I can kind of see what Hawk fans were saying about his skating. Doesn't seem to have great acceleration, but he wasn't a sled either. Had a couple of nice shots from the point. I guess his last shot was more than pretty nice as it touched the twine. A goal and a +3 with 20 mins is a damn good Wild debut. Hope he can build on that.

Burnzie played like an animal. But Zanon had the play of the game with that goal saving stick block. Great game, now I'm ready to watch some international hockey.
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: 2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks   2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 9:30 pm

Barker showed he's a better pylon in front of our net than Zanon is, which arguably with Burns likely never going to understand simple d concepts might not be a bad thing. Obviously being his first game he wasn't going to look to do anything fancy, he is not a good skater though. Maybe Barker can play with Burns, but Zanon can't play regularly with Schultz, which means Nicky would be a 3.5M #5. Boogaard played a well disciplined game for a change.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: 2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks   2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 10:06 pm

hey talon, what'd i fucking predict friday night? A BOOGAARD ASSIST!!!!!!

THE ASSIST MACHINE IS BACK!!!
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: 2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks   2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:16 am

lolwat wrote:
Barker showed he's a better pylon in front of our net than Zanon is, which arguably with Burns likely never going to understand simple d concepts might not be a bad thing. Obviously being his first game he wasn't going to look to do anything fancy, he is not a good skater though. Maybe Barker can play with Burns, but Zanon can't play regularly with Schultz, which means Nicky would be a 3.5M #5. Boogaard played a well disciplined game for a change.

Barker is supposed to be the offensive one in this mix, this is just him getting used to the new team.

Burns - Stoner
Zanon - Zits
Barker - Shultz or any mix is probably what we'll be running with.

with Bruns Barker prolly getting paired if we can't roll all 3 lines on a regular basis.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: 2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks   2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:29 am

i dunno how i feel about breaking up Schultz and Burns. Those two work incredibly well together.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: 2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks   2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:59 pm

We should've just forfeited the 2 points and caught a flight directly to to Vancouver for some R&R.

Pretty much the WORST game (effort wise) I've seen all year from my squad. I also wasnt impressed with their undisciplined play, pssst Canucks, the other team is ALLOWED to bodycheck your team mates. Jumping in swinging is going to get you the extra 2 every freaking time!
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: 2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks   2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:01 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
We should've just forfeited the 2 points and caught a flight directly to to Vancouver for some R&R.

Pretty much the WORST game (effort wise) I've seen all year from my squad. I also wasnt impressed with their undisciplined play, pssst Canucks, the other team is ALLOWED to bodycheck your team mates. Jumping in swinging is going to get you the extra 2 every freaking time!

hey at least we found out a purpose for shepp, punching bag
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: 2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks   2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:03 pm

It was pretty funny how he kept getting nailed with Romes blind punches.

First game I've turned off all year. (once it was 5-1 I said fuck it and put some Olympics on)
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: 2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks   2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:07 pm

It was bad...

I doubt the Sedin's have been that invisible all year...just a guess. Pretty much everyone was invisible that entire 2nd period actually.

I don't blame ya Ceh that must've been hard to watch..I don't care if my team loses but they better put in a good effort...didn't seem like the case here.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: 2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks   2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:21 pm

Dee Oh Cee wrote:
It was bad...

I doubt the Sedin's have been that invisible all year...just a guess. Pretty much everyone was invisible that entire 2nd period actually.

I don't blame ya Ceh that must've been hard to watch..I don't care if my team loses but they better put in a good effort...didn't seem like the case here.

Sedins, outside of the TO comeback, have been pretty invisible this entire road trip to be honest. There'vew been "flashes" here and there but certainly not the consistent pressure I've become accustomed to from them.

I also don't blame Wild fans for thinking Luongo stinks as he often does when you guys see him play the Wild. Put the fucking backup in against Minnesota!

All that said, even if Vancouver played up to the level they're capable of the Wild seemed a team possessed last night. The boys in green werent allowing for ANY time or space and they played a very physical game and got er done by committee.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: 2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks   2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:28 pm

too bad we couldn't do that against Atlanta or the Yotes!
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: 2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks   2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:29 pm

True, they played a hell of a game...god only knows why they don't put that effort out every time...and if they do...they could legitimately make a playoff run after the break.

Regardless...how much does it have to suck to be an Oiler fan right now? Good God that team is bad...that's a team I would have trouble watching because the effort just isn't there...and last night was another in a long string of examples when they got destroyed by the Ducks 7-3 I think it was...justttttt bad.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: 2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks   2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:29 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
too bad we couldn't do that against Atlanta or the Yotes!

Maybe the addition of Barker will prove to be the missing spark? you can bet your ass he fully intended to be in the Playoffs this year. Maybe it'll rub off.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: 2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks   2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:30 pm

Dee Oh Cee wrote:
True, they played a hell of a game...god only knows why they don't put that effort out every time...and if they do...they could legitimately make a playoff run after the break.

Regardless...how much does it have to suck to be an Oiler fan right now? Good God that team is bad...that's a team I would have trouble watching because the effort just isn't there...and last night was another in a long string of examples when they got destroyed by the Ducks 7-3 I think it was...justttttt bad.

09/10 Oilers HAS to be considered the worst Oiler team ever. Hell, it's so bad i've pretty much stayed off Keiths case lately, he has enough to be upset about.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: 2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks   2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:30 pm

The road trip might be the killer for van considering that all of Sweden will depend on them and really shoulder the burden on the Sedins for the gold.

And yeah when the team puts forth no effort, i mean the Wild were raping them in the 2nd, its just sad to watch.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

Yeah I was more upset about the Atlanta game since that's one we really should have won....the Phoenix one is more acceptable since they're a surprisingly great team this year...which is such an accomplishment considering their roster...
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: 2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks   2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:32 pm

forthewild wrote:
The road trip might be the killer for van considering that all of Sweden will depend on them and really shoulder the burden on the Sedins for the gold.

And yeah when the team puts forth no effort, i mean the Wild were raping them in the 2nd, its just sad to watch.

Sad? From your POV it should've been awe-inspiring!

For obvious reasons the Wild are pretty much the LAST team I want to shit the bed against! Stupid fucks!
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: 2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks   2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:33 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
forthewild wrote:

Sad? From your POV it should've been awe-inspiring!

For obvious reasons the Wild are pretty much the LAST team I want to shit the bed against! Stupid fucks!

what i mean to say not sad watching the nucks cuz i was elated, but sad when its your team thats pissing a game away for no reason, trust me i've seen them play so much that way.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: 2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks   2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:35 pm

As for the road trip being killer for Sweden, how about the fact that both Luongo and Brodeur got pulled on the last day of hockey before the Olympics? Price hasnt even played much lately. I'm liking TC's chances for gold less and less. Prove me wrong boys.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: 2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks   2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 5:01 pm

2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks Situation-1
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: 2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks   2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 8:57 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
Dee Oh Cee wrote:

09/10 Oilers HAS to be considered the worst Oiler team ever. Hell, it's so bad i've pretty much stayed off Keiths case lately, he has enough to be upset about.
And to think there were some people who weren't happy about the Wild getting Richards since the Oilers were going to do sooooo well with their wise new coach. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks   2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2/14 GDT Wild vs Nucks
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next