Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

3/11 Wild vs. Red Wings

Go down 
+5
cehnehdeh
forthewild
Dee Oh Cee
TaLoN
Gnarkill
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
forthewild

forthewild

3/11 Wild vs. Red Wings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3/11 Wild vs. Red Wings   3/11 Wild vs. Red Wings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:30 pm

TaLoN wrote:
I think when the Panthers came back and won... it broke the team's spirit. They pretty much knew it was over after that game. It was the final nail.

but it was their fault, their lack of effort, its been the case this whole year where the team just plain refuses to play, move their legs, finish their checks anything.

we're going to be in the similar place next year which is sad we could have moved nolan zits for some youngsters damn i'm so pissed we just kept em both
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: 3/11 Wild vs. Red Wings   3/11 Wild vs. Red Wings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:34 pm

Trust me... next season does not depend on the fact we kept or traded Zits or Nolan. We would not have gotten a player that could help that quick for either.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: 3/11 Wild vs. Red Wings   3/11 Wild vs. Red Wings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:43 pm

TaLoN wrote:
Trust me... next season does not depend on the fact we kept or traded Zits or Nolan. We would not have gotten a player that could help that quick for either.

it depends on this year tho, i really hope we can move

one of or both would be nice
mittens
shultz

pmb i don't care trade him for a 5th round pick he just has no place on this team

shepp is gone

there is going to need to be a lot of changes for us to move forward.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: 3/11 Wild vs. Red Wings   3/11 Wild vs. Red Wings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:54 pm

this is just hard to watch...just give an effort..that's all I ask.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: 3/11 Wild vs. Red Wings   3/11 Wild vs. Red Wings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:04 pm

yup, time to call up Kalus and have him show us what he can do for the next 19 games
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: 3/11 Wild vs. Red Wings   3/11 Wild vs. Red Wings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:31 pm

forthewild wrote:
yup, time to call up Kalus and have him show us what he can do for the next 19 games
Uhh... you did see Kalus vs the Panthers right? He's no NHL'er.
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: 3/11 Wild vs. Red Wings   3/11 Wild vs. Red Wings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:38 pm

Wild vs. Red Wings In-Game and Post-Game report

Wild put forth a better effort but still not enough as bounces go Detroit's way in 5-1 road loss to the Red Wings

Written by Derek Felska
Thursday, 11 March 2010 08:42

(cue the acoustic guitar) "How many roads must a man walk down, before you call him a man? How many seas must the white dove sail, before she sleeps in the sand? Yes, how many times must the cannon balls fly, before they're forever banned? The answer my friend is blowin' in the wind, the answer is blowin' in the wind," were the lyrics of Robert Allen Zimmerman, better known as Bob Dylan the Hibbing, Minnesota native who first performed this seminal tune in 1962. This peace-loving song was an anthem of Hippies throughout the turbulent 1960's as it makes mention of the Civil Rights movement and the clashes taking place during the Cold War. Yet what does this have to do with the Wild? Many Wild fans are angry and upset over the horrendous performance on Tuesday night against Florida where Minnesota managed a franchise low of 11 shots on goal and squandered a 2-goal lead to lose in a shootout. Sure, that is a lot to be angry about, but perhaps what really got them riled up was a comment made by Wild Head Coach Todd Richards after the game where he was quoted as saying he felt the team played hard that night pointing out that the team's blueline was playing with only 5 players as Shane Hnidy was felled by an ankle injury early in the game. To quote another line from Bob Dylan's song, (cue the acoustic guitar) "Yes, how many times can a man turn his head, pretending he just doesn't see?" Perhaps Todd Richards has a point, but why would you hold an optional practice the next day in what would be a critical game against a team you're battling against for that dim chance at the playoffs and then not even show up to coach practice? (cue the acoustic guitar) "The answer my friend is blowing in the wind, the answer is blowin' in the wind." Its just as good an explanation for Richards' actions as anything else right now as Minnesota finds its playoff hopes in critical condition as they attempt to climb a logjammed Western Conference. Just check out the standings and see for yourself.

8. Calgary Flames - 66GP (33-24-9) 75pts

9. Detroit Red Wings - 66GP (31-23-12) 74pts

10. Dallas Stars - 66GP (29-25-12) 70pts

11. St. Louis Blues - 65GP (30-26-9) 69pts

12. Minnesota Wild - 65GP (31-28-6) 68pts

13. Anaheim Ducks - 66GP (30-28-Cool 68pts

Mathmatically speaking, the Wild have not been eliminated but just using 95 points as a reference point for the cutoff to make the playoffs would mean Minnesota would have to go 14-3 down the stretch. What indication is there that the Wild are going to go on a long run of victories? Perhaps Richards felt there was nothing to lose by not practicing since the chances of that are slim to none. Yet, he better hope his laissez-faire policy to practice after a terrible effort in the previous game pays off otherwise he'll be hearing about it. So will Richards' laid back attitude to practice pay off or will Detroit kick the Wild while its down? "The answer my friend, is blowin' in the wind, the answer is blowin' in the wind." (click on the link for the rest of the article)

Enjoy...it was fun while it lasted...I guess.
Back to top Go down
Fargo

PostSubject: Re: 3/11 Wild vs. Red Wings   3/11 Wild vs. Red Wings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:38 pm

Wildforcup10 wrote:
What happened to our team?????

Did the Belanger trade screw everything up?????

Might as well tank the season now!

Belanger ain't shit and is not much of a loss. Ebbett can do better than him.

The huge loss was Johnsson. You can't forecheck if you can't get the puck out of your wn defensive zone and johnsson was the one responsible for getting it out time after time after time...
Back to top Go down
Wildforcup10

PostSubject: Re: 3/11 Wild vs. Red Wings   3/11 Wild vs. Red Wings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:51 pm

hello?

Belanger was our best face off artist plus he had 35 points before trade. He scored some clutch goals. My guess is before he got traded we seemed to have a nice team chemistry going on with him.

Kimmy Johnson is does not have a great all around game. he was making 5.3 million a year for being a defensive forechecker. That is alot of money to pay someone who does not do much but get the puck and pass.

Fargo wrote:
Wildforcup10 wrote:
What happened to our team?????

Did the Belanger trade screw everything up?????

Might as well tank the season now!

Belanger ain't shit and is not much of a loss. Ebbett can do better than him.

The huge loss was Johnsson. You can't forecheck if you can't get the puck out of your wn defensive zone and johnsson was the one responsible for getting it out time after time after time...
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: 3/11 Wild vs. Red Wings   3/11 Wild vs. Red Wings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:57 pm

Even on a bad hockey team someone has to get the points...

Just sayin'
Back to top Go down
Fargo

PostSubject: Re: 3/11 Wild vs. Red Wings   3/11 Wild vs. Red Wings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:31 pm

[quote]
Wildforcup10 wrote:
hello?

Belanger was our best face off artist plus he had 35 points before trade. He scored some clutch goals. My guess is before he got traded we seemed to have a nice team chemistry going on with him.

Kimmy Johnson is does not have a great all around game. he was making 5.3 million a year for being a defensive forechecker. That is alot of money to pay someone who does not do much but get the puck and pass.

Johnsson a "forechecker". That tells me all I need to konw - you don't even know basic terms and concepts of the game. "Get the puck and pass" "face off artist" Rolling Eyes 35 fucking points form your 2nd line Center! You think that's good? Shocked Fucking clueless. Ebbett is an improvement over a figure skater with no hnads and no hockey sense.

AND you obviously don't even understand what the concept of a Cap hit.
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: 3/11 Wild vs. Red Wings   3/11 Wild vs. Red Wings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 9:50 pm

Fargo wrote:
Wildforcup10 wrote:
hello?

Johnsson a "forechecker". That tells me all I need to konw - you don't even know basic terms and concepts of the game. "Get the puck and pass" "face off artist" Rolling Eyes 35 fucking points form your 2nd line Center! You think that's good? Shocked Fucking clueless. Ebbett is an improvement over a figure skater with no hnads and no hockey sense.

AND you obviously don't even understand what the concept of a Cap hit.

So many Wild fans were just so angry that KJ did not set career-highs on an offensively challenged team that they felt they had to disrespect his game completely. Just like they hated Lemaire because he wanted to keep pucks out of his teams net. People that do not understand the actual game of hockey.

Figure skater with no hands and hockey sense? Sounds quite a bit like Brodziak as well as Belanger. Belanger was always expendable in my books, I thought Olvecky or Fritsche could have replaced him, but then they were not tendered. I like Ebbett, there is alot of compete in that little guy. I know the ideal bottom-six forward is a bigger player, but Ebbett has played on the PP, the PK, a top-6 role, and a bottom-6 role with us and has not looked terrible in any of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3/11 Wild vs. Red Wings   3/11 Wild vs. Red Wings - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3/11 Wild vs. Red Wings
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2