Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

css rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno

Go down 
+6
Dee Oh Cee
lolwat
TaLoN
sqare
Toewser
forthewild
10 posters
AuthorMessage
forthewild

forthewild

css  rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno Empty
PostSubject: css rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno   css  rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 2:31 pm

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=524284&cmpid=nhl-twt-nhl

we don't pick Bjugstad or Nino i'm going to be pissed, i want a draft pick with Size
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: css rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno   css  rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 4:36 pm

Irrelevant to my Minnesota Wild interests, it's nice to see the comparisons to the two incoming UND recruits in the top 30. Forbert (#9), I already knew was going to be a legit addition to the blueline, which should be deep next season. If he plays anything like Johnson, woot. He's already got the size for the NHL even, and is very sharp in the skating department from what I've seen. Brock Nelson (#25), being compared to Backes I think is a fair comparison. Not to mention Mattson and Gothberg who are also in the draft. I'm pretty excited.
Back to top Go down
sqare

sqare

PostSubject: Re: css rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno   css  rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 4:49 pm

Let's draft a defenseman, k?
Back to top Go down
http://bozak911.blogspot.com/
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: css rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno   css  rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 5:10 pm

sqare wrote:
Let's draft a defenseman, k?

in the 3rd round plus or Cam Fowler
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: css rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno   css  rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 8:23 pm

Well, that means at a glance, if Bjugstad is your guy, we'd better trade down. We're sitting inside the top 10 right now, and may even end up losing the last 2 (winning is still a challenge for this team at the Saddledome and vs Dallas)... meaning possibly the pick getting even better. *crossing fingers*

BTW - I hope they are comparing Bjugstad to Bruno only in terms of work along the boards... because he has a FAR better shot and is a hell of a lot better skater than Bruno...
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: css rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno   css  rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 8:59 pm

TaLoN wrote:
Well, that means at a glance, if Bjugstad is your guy, we'd better trade down. We're sitting inside the top 10 right now, and may even end up losing the last 2 (winning is still a challenge for this team at the Saddledome and vs Dallas)... meaning possibly the pick getting even better. *crossing fingers*

BTW - I hope they are comparing Bjugstad to Bruno only in terms of work along the boards... because he has a FAR better shot and is a hell of a lot better skater than Bruno...

hence why i want him drafted, nhl compared him to bruno and brock nelson to backes

i haven't seen much of bjugstad think with some muscle this off season he could play in NHL or is he still too raw?
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: css rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno   css  rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 9:43 pm

All I can say is there are some pretty bad comparisons on that list.
Interesting that Kabanov doesn't even get a top-30 rank, I still feel he's top-5 among forwards in terms of actual talent.

I like Watson, he's the most complete/versatile forward in the draft IMO. Johansen wouldn't be bad either. Like Howden but not top-10. Other guys I haven't seen or heard enough to be swayed. Bjugstad is all over the place on rankings, which isn't a good thing IMO. Nino, I really do question his offensive upside. Sheahan is pretty low on their list.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: css rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno   css  rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 9:45 pm

Russo tweet just said that according to sources the Wild will host the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: css rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno   css  rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:37 pm

Dee Oh Cee wrote:
Russo tweet just said that according to sources the Wild will host the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
WAY OVERFUCKING DUE!
Back to top Go down
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

PostSubject: Re: css rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno   css  rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:50 pm

I want Etem. Johansen if Etem is not available. What scares me is that Etem, as the fourth highest forward will go b4 the eighth pick. I'm guessing a solid blueliner will be available for us but that's not what our prospect pool needs now. Hindsight being 20/20; last year we should have drafted a bpa forward and this year draft a defenceman. Pass on Bjugstad.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: css rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno   css  rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:09 am

Jagged Ice wrote:
I want Etem. Johansen if Etem is not available. What scares me is that Etem, as the fourth highest forward will go b4 the eighth pick. I'm guessing a solid blueliner will be available for us but that's not what our prospect pool needs now. Hindsight being 20/20; last year we should have drafted a bpa forward and this year draft a defenceman. Pass on Bjugstad.

Connally
Emmerson
Johansen
Burmistrov
Niederreiter
Bjugstad

Theses are the top forwards now counting the top two who will be gone after the first two picks.

Connally has been injured but is a goal scorer 6'02''
Emmerson is a goal scorer 6'0''
Johansen more of a playmaker not what we need
Burmistrov not picking a Russian, why? what do Radulov and the Wild have in common?
Nino Hell yes
Bjugstad Hell Yes

we're quite deep on D, Posser is looking promising, Scandella almost made the team last year, and Cuma too has a shot, we need scoring.

I'm all for picking a guy like Nino, Etem, or Bjugstad we need guys with size, nothing wrong with trading down and getting some more top 70 picks we have 4 so far.

As to why no russians, the connection is Radulov and owner CL, i doubt that the owner wants to take another chance on the russian again.

There is quite a bit to chose from we might be lucky and nab a nice scoring forward who won't be too far away from the big leagues.
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: css rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno   css  rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 4:31 am

I'm still standing firm on passing on Bjugstad. I seriously think he's going to fall into the mid 20s.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: css rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno   css  rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 4:21 pm

zamboni14 wrote:
I'm still standing firm on passing on Bjugstad. I seriously think he's going to fall into the mid 20s.

this is just NA skaters i'm not even sure it includes goalies, so yes Bjugs is probably a 20ish pick, now if all the guys we want are gone and we could fall or move up in the draft but if all the snipers we want are gone i say trade down, get a few extra 2nd and 3rd rounders and pick him.

Also Brock Nelson could fall into the 2nd round would be nice to snag him too.
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: css rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno   css  rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:22 pm

ISS had Nelson ahead of Bjugstad, and I've seen many agree with that theory.
Back to top Go down
Marlowe Syn

Marlowe Syn

PostSubject: Re: css rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno   css  rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:39 am

I myself didn't really get the Bjugstad/Bruno comparison either. Hopefully it is more for his board play/work ethic/hockey smarts, because Bjugstad has a much better shot and set of wheels on him. Still a complimentary comparison.

Speculating on whom we should draft is always a tricky situation as most of what us average fans know about what we read about them and internet highlight videos. mynhldraft.com has fairly consistantly had Bjugstad to go around #14-16 since I've been checking periodically. Which seems to fall in line with the CSS report, as there look to be only 2 Euro skaters in the first 15 picks. Not including Alexander Burmistrov, who was listed as a NA skater. I say from what I've read if Connolly or Nino is on the board grab one of them. Otherwise lets then look to see what kind of deal we can get out of the team with the #15 slot and pick up Bjugstad. Barring of course the likely hood we don't win the lotto and move up to the #5 spot. That would be too sweet to pass up. I do think if a Dman is the BPA then Fletch may make a move to put us in a position to get the BPA as a forward.
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: css rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno   css  rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 4:27 pm

Anyone notice that all of the Minnesota-born players are compared to Minnesotans or a players with a decent Minnesota connection? Coincidence? I think not. Either way my pick would either be Niederreiter or Etem at this point. My WHL friends give Etem rave reviews...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: css rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno   css  rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

css rankings out #13 bjugstad compared to Bruno
Page 1 of 1