Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NHL Draft Lottery Simulator

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TaLoN

TaLoN

NHL Draft Lottery Simulator Empty
PostSubject: NHL Draft Lottery Simulator   NHL Draft Lottery Simulator I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:13 pm

From Yahoo...

Kiss your productivity goodbye with Oilers draft lottery simulator
By Greg Wyshynski

Life is filled with pointless, distracting little games we play. Hearing if the song on the radio will sync up with the clicking of your turn signal. Watching raindrop races on windows. Firing balled-up paper into wastebasket "hoops" from three-point range.

In keeping with that grand tradition of diversionary nonsense is the Edmonton Oilers Draft Lottery Generator, which is exactly as it sounds.

The Oil have built in the odds for all 14 non-playoff teams (fudging a bit in the Eastern Conference, for now), and you keep refreshing this page to see who wins a simulated draft lottery. (The real McCoy is scheduled for Tuesday night.)

Teams that win the lottery but aren't one of the five worst in the NHL can move up four spots. The bottom five in the League all have a shot at No. 1 overall, and Edmonton's Web site cites the current odds as of this morning:

48.2% - Edmonton Oilers

18.8% - Boston Bruins (from Toronto Maple Leafs)

14.2% - Tampa Bay Lightning

10.7% - Florida Panthers

8.1% - Columbus Blue Jackets

Is it too late for Boston to pay Phil Kessel's(notes) appearance fee so he can be their rep at the draft lottery?

Go ahead and refresh away until you get your desired result, like you're shaking a Magic 8-Ball that keeps reading "outlook not so good." It's oddly addictive and gets your brain into draft mode ... until the Lightning win the faux lottery, forcing you to consider the reality of a "Seen Seguin?" campaign starting this summer.

Link to the Simulator
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: NHL Draft Lottery Simulator   NHL Draft Lottery Simulator I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:24 pm

I has to be broken... either that or they have it programmed AGAINST the Wild... I just refreshed it 100 fricking times, and every team won at least twice... many with lower chances than the Wild (like the Stars) won it as many as 7 fricking times... yet not even once did the Wild come out with the lottery win. BASTARDS! Razz
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: NHL Draft Lottery Simulator   NHL Draft Lottery Simulator I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:37 pm

Piece of shit took 127 times refreshing to get ONE Wild victory... meanwhile the Stars with less chance of winning than us... had won the damn thing 9 fricking times!
Back to top Go down
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

PostSubject: Re: NHL Draft Lottery Simulator   NHL Draft Lottery Simulator I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:37 am

So we got 9. Let's hope El Nino is still available.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: NHL Draft Lottery Simulator   NHL Draft Lottery Simulator I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:35 am

Jagged Ice wrote:

He really impressed me at this years WJC. Looked like a man amongst boys IMO
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: NHL Draft Lottery Simulator   NHL Draft Lottery Simulator I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:54 am

cehnehdeh wrote:
Jagged Ice wrote:

He really impressed me at this years WJC. Looked like a man amongst boys IMO

few times i'll agree with you, its was amazing to watch him actually play and compete with the Canadians, and even when his team was down and out by a fucking mile he kept fighting, he kept trying, chasing the puck, showed heart and emotion and has size and skills to boot.

if we do get him our top 6 next year

bruno Koivu Nino

Havlat Wellman Lats

thats is a decent top 6
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: NHL Draft Lottery Simulator   NHL Draft Lottery Simulator I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 2:54 am

the next question you have to wonder... who will Fletch trade away pre-draft or during the draft? Sounds to me like he's not taking ANYONE off the table after this year (which might be his way of pushing the players next year.)

Who's to say that he won't offer up our first rounder AND Burns (or maybe Shultz) to Carolina to move up a couple spots?

I do think that we're going to see a trade or two made during the draft this year to open up some cap room so we can sign a few "solid" players to help push people to STAY in the lineup.
Back to top Go down
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

PostSubject: Re: NHL Draft Lottery Simulator   NHL Draft Lottery Simulator I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 4:31 am

If we do draft Nino, can we let him develop for a few years in minors before throwing him in the NHL. Did we not learn from our mistakes with Gillies and Shep? I know our pool is draining, but these picks are not NHL ready.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NHL Draft Lottery Simulator   NHL Draft Lottery Simulator I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NHL Draft Lottery Simulator
Page 1 of 1