Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Guess what kids!

Go down 
+5
Lers
forthewild
TaLoN
00Xtremeninja
OldTimeHockey
9 posters
AuthorMessage
OldTimeHockey

Guess what kids! Empty
PostSubject: Guess what kids!   Guess what kids! I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:30 pm

It took less than a year for the NHL to admit they fooked up! Of course, this comes AFTER accounts were damaged and people were chased off.

From KF:

Quote :
The NHL has given us the opportunity to revert to the old message boards but wanted to run it past all of you first.

I want the old boards back for the PM features and the ability to post via mobile phone. Can't wait to get screwed over for the 3rd time though. There's nothing else they can possibly take from me. They deleted the "joined date" in the first transfer (which STILL pisses me off) along with the name and posts in the second one. Way to go, NHL!

Nobody will jump ship from here though, right? We need a place where we can be open and not banned for sneezing.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Guess what kids! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess what kids!   Guess what kids! I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:47 pm

this place will be here no matter what happens.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
TaLoN

TaLoN

Guess what kids! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess what kids!   Guess what kids! I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:51 pm

Pfft... almost a year AFTER the fact they decide to ask what the fans want? What a fucking joke!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Guess what kids! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess what kids!   Guess what kids! I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:57 pm

takes time to realize a project failed? lol
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

Guess what kids! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess what kids!   Guess what kids! I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 10:14 pm

TaLoN wrote:
Pfft... almost a year AFTER the fact they decide to ask what the fans want? What a fucking joke!
That about sums it up.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

Guess what kids! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess what kids!   Guess what kids! I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 10:37 pm

i wish the NHL would have given the real reason for the boards being reverted back.

Sindey Crosby got a new phone from Gary for their 4th anniversary, and it won't let him post on the NHL boards so Bettman is in panic mode thus he is letting this go.
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

Guess what kids! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess what kids!   Guess what kids! I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 10:41 pm

Not all boards are being changed back. KF said they had gotten permission to change "if" they wanted to. It's up to the folks on the board.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

Guess what kids! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess what kids!   Guess what kids! I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 10:44 pm

OldTimeHockey wrote:
Not all boards are being changed back. KF said they had gotten permission to change "if" they wanted to. It's up to the folks on the board.

if there is a board that wont change back then we know who the retarded fans are.

my guess

Atlanta,Florida,Vancouver,TB,
Back to top Go down
Lers

Guess what kids! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess what kids!   Guess what kids! I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 11:31 pm

Sweet, it might not take me 20 seconds to load each page.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

Guess what kids! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess what kids!   Guess what kids! I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 12:08 am

00Xtremeninja wrote:
Didn't most of the fans tell them it was a bad move before it was ever made? Maybe they should take in consumer opinions BEFORE such a change is ever made. Screw them!
Back to top Go down
Wild_State_of_Hockey

Wild_State_of_Hockey

Guess what kids! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess what kids!   Guess what kids! I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 1:04 am

TaLoN wrote:
00Xtremeninja wrote:
Didn't most of the fans tell them it was a bad move before it was ever made? Maybe they should take in consumer opinions BEFORE such a change is ever made. Screw them!

Amen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hockeyfanfaceoff.com
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

Guess what kids! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess what kids!   Guess what kids! I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:27 pm

forthewild wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:

if there is a board that wont change back then we know who the retarded fans are.

my guess

Not a big surprise but you're WRONG. CDC changed back pretty much the instant the regular season was over.
Back to top Go down
Lers

Guess what kids! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess what kids!   Guess what kids! I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 1:11 am

cehnehdeh wrote:
forthewild wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:

my guess

Not a big surprise but you're WRONG. CDC changed back pretty much the instant the regular season was over.

I wonder how long it will take the WMB to switch back..
Back to top Go down
angelina_e

angelina_e

Guess what kids! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess what kids!   Guess what kids! I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:44 am

Lers wrote:
cehnehdeh wrote:
forthewild wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:

my guess

I wonder how long it will take the WMB to switch back..
I'm thinking July-August.
Back to top Go down
Havoc

Guess what kids! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess what kids!   Guess what kids! I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:01 am

00Xtremeninja wrote:
this place will be here no matter what happens.

And we salute you for that Ninja!

I think that the NHL underestimated the bandwidth and care and feeding that a unified board would take. They should just have linked to the old boards. Now, I'd still vote to go back, but the logistics of migration will be ugly since I'm betting the NHL will not put a cent behind it.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Guess what kids! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess what kids!   Guess what kids! I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 10:17 am

it will be a big fuck story. and i can't imagine it will be exactly like the old format. people are going to go nutso over losing post counts and shit.

maybe that means more traffic here?!?! =)
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

Guess what kids! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess what kids!   Guess what kids! I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:56 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
it will be a big fuck story. and i can't imagine it will be exactly like the old format. people are going to go nutso over losing post counts and shit.

maybe that means more traffic here?!?! =)

Couldn't be any less! Razz

Jagged actually made a thread about this at the WMB. Strange times, he NEVER makes threads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guess what kids! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess what kids!   Guess what kids! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guess what kids!
Page 1 of 1