Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Guess who is a dirty player? :P

Go down 
+6
mplspug
00Xtremeninja
forthewild
OldTimeHockey
Dee Oh Cee
cehnehdeh
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

Guess who is a dirty player? :P Empty
PostSubject: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 2:21 am

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON -- Alex Ovechkin skated off the ice, surprised that a hard shoulder check warranted a game misconduct. The Washington Capitals, tired of surrendering late leads with lacklustre play, turned his absence into a rallying point.

Semyon Varlamov made 25 saves for his first regular-season shutout, Ovechkin scored before drawing the third-period ejection and the Capitals beat the Buffalo Sabres 2-0 on Wednesday night.

"You lose the most prolific scorer on the planet Earth, which is tough," said Washington defenceman Brian Pothier. "But you have to kill a five-minute penalty. As Ovie's skating off the ice, we're telling him, 'We've got this one for you.' He does so much for our team. Every night, he bails us out. We could sure do it for him."

Eric Fehr also scored for the Capitals, who had lost four of five. Varlamov, who had two shutouts in the playoffs last spring against the New York Rangers, wasn't severely tested until the third period, when Ovechkin's absence put Washington at a decided disadvantage.

"The defence played great, as well as our forwards," Varlamov said through a translator. "Toward the end of the game, we just held back. We needed to."

After watching Varlamov make rookie mistakes deep in previous games, Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau sensed a change in the 21-year-old goalie.

"Varly was solid," Boudreau said. "It was like he was saying, 'I'm not going to let this happen to me again in the third period.' "

Ovechkin drew a major for boarding and a game misconduct 3:38 into the third period when he ran Buffalo's Patrick Kaleta into the boards with his shoulder opposite the benches. It was the second career ejection for Ovechkin, and both have come against Buffalo at Verizon Center. The other was Dec. 2, 2006, when he checked Daniel Briere from behind.

"I just go take a hit and (Kaleta) just fell into the boards. ... Max, it's got to be 2 minutes," Ovechkin said.

Neither Ovechkin nor Boudreau expects any further disciplinary action from the league. Sabres coach Lindy Ruff lamented his team's inability to seize momentum on the power play after the call on Ovechkin.

"We didn't get organized. We got set up once ... and made a couple of bad passes," Ruff said. "And the couple of bad passes led to no zone time."

Buffalo has lost four straight.

"As a team, we're having a tough time finding the back of the net," said Buffalo's Jason Pominville. "That's when you have to dig deeper and get those ugly goals and just outwork them around the crease. I just don't think we're doing a good enough job at it so far."

With six players from their opening-night lineup missing due to injury, the Capitals came up with a strong start-to-finish effort after losing leads in their last two games, both overtime losses. The defence limited high-percentage shots on Varlamov and clogged passing lanes to frustrate Buffalo.

Ovechkin opened the scoring with his team-high 17th goal. Ovechkin made an end-to-end dash, using defenceman Tyler Myers as a screen and beating Ryan Miller on a wrister from the right circle 6:24 into the game. It was Ovechkin's third goal in five games after missing six games because of an upper-body strain.

After Ovechkin was banished, Washington got a break when the Sabres' Craig Rivet was whistled for a tripping minor, creating a 4-on-4 skating situation. The Capitals eventually killed off the power play to preserve the one-goal lead, and got through another Buffalo man advantage after Mike Green was penalized for delay of the game

Fehr gave them some breathing room with 6:22 left in regulation, banging home a centring pass from Brendan Morrison from behind the net.

Notes: Green assisted on Fehr's goal and has points in eight straight games. ... A moment of silence was observed before the game in memory of Abe Pollin, who owned the Capitals from 1974 to 1999. Pollin died Tuesday at the age of 85 from a rare brain disease. Funeral services will be held Friday in Washington and a public memorial service is scheduled for Dec. 8 at Verizon Center, which Pollin used his own money to build. ... Washington recalled D Karl Alzner from AHL Hershey. Capitals D Milan Jurcina was back in the lineup after missing six games because of a lower-body injury. ... Buffalo RW Mike Grier returned after missing five games with a groin injury.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 2:30 am

I saw the hit and meh it didn't look like it warranted the penalty..oh well at least they showed they weren't going to give stars any preferential treatment.
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 2:30 am

Dirty? Nah...

Guess who is a dirty player? :P Orbit
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 3:21 am

Ovie hits like a man he's not dirty, Burrows is like a duchebag no matter how you try to spin it. Hows that parade route coming along?
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 12:45 pm

Second time OV's been ejected from a game....

Yea Burrows certainly earned a certain reputation amongst rival fans BUT, he has played differently for the most part the last couple of seasons. Focuses more on hockey. (Although he does agitate still which can be said of MANY players in the league...even, oh my, CLUTTERBUCK!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 12:48 pm

hockey3
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 12:52 pm

no problem in agitating other players, its the way you do it, you can hit them such as Clutterbuck does or call their sister a slut as Burrows does. there is a right and wrong way here.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 2:17 pm

forthewild wrote:
no problem in agitating other players, its the way you do it, you can hit them such as Clutterbuck does or call their sister a slut as Burrows does. there is a right and wrong way here.

You're professing to KNOW what players say and don't say on the ice huh? You a penalty box official or something.

Keep that blind hatred flowing freely!
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 4:58 pm

Ha I'm pretty sure Clutterbuck does as much talking (or more) than anyone in the NHL...

And I am completely ok with that.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 6:01 pm

its all good, just saying Ovie isn't a dirty player he plays hard but he doesn't go for cheap shots.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 6:41 pm

forthewild wrote:
its all good, just saying Ovie isn't a dirty player he plays hard but he doesn't go for cheap shots.

Oh for sure. This thread was made tongue in cheek.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 8:03 pm

on a side note who would win a fight Sid or Ovie, my money is on the crazy Russian.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 8:19 pm

Easily Ovie
Back to top Go down
mplspug

mplspug

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 12:22 pm

The question is moot. Sid doesn't fight anyone who knows how to fight. He also only fights when he can catch a guy off guard or is in a better position. Sid in short is a fag.

Alex the great just about sealed up my PIM category in fantasy hockey. That was a nice Thanksgiving gift.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 3:01 pm

Man what would be awesome is Ovie beating the shit out of Sid at the Olympics with the Russian win coming not too far after.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 3:59 pm

forthewild wrote:
Man what would be awesome is Ovie beating the shit out of Sid at the Olympics with the Russian win coming not too far after.

Fuck that idea!
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:00 pm

Told ya! OV's kneeing was DIRTY as fuck fuckers! Matt Cooke has NOTHING on this guy!
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:12 pm

Chaosbourne
5 mins ago
He deserves a torn ACL for this report this comment
16 mins ago
Ovechgoon is quickly making Gary Suter look like a Lady Byng finalist. My gosh what this goon gets away with. report this comment
1 hour ago
AO is a very dirty player and should be suspened from the game. I hope this teaches him a lesson. Any player that plays dirty should be banned or suspended. He should get a minimum 10 games or more WHILE he is healthy!!!!! You put yourself at risk and others, this is NOT what Hockey is about!!!! He has already hurt someone before, just because he is so call a 'SUPER STAR' doesn't give him SPECIAL treatment. Actually he should be penalized MORE!!!! report this comment
2 hours ago
Who actually saw this hit from the angle behind OV? IF you did, you'd have a totally different take on his intent. The angles I see here do not tell the whole story. They look bad and that's not the way it went down. report this comment
2 hours ago
AO is my favorite player and I defended him on the Gonchar hit, but this hit is inexcusable. I would think it's a groin injury, but whatever the case, it was a terrible hit and I hope he gets a suspension. 5 games minimum, same as that dirty Laraque. report this comment
2 hours ago
There's playing rough, and then there's playing dirty...
OV has made several dirty hits in the past, showing no respect for his opponents in the process. He may be a great player, but shows no class when he plays dirty.
Maybe this injury will teach him a lesson...maybe... report this comment
2 hours ago
BooHooHoo. The crybabies are out in full force. Ovie's the best. Get over it. If you want to wish something bad to someone wish it on the crybaby players who pout through games when things aren't going their way. I think you know who they are. report this comment
2 hours ago
he wasn't hurt, he was just trying to gain sympathy cause he knows he is in trouble. report this comment
3 hours ago
This has got to stop. OV has to be made an example of. If he is the 'face of the NHL' then he needs to me an example of what will happen if you play dirty. He deserves this injury and furthermore he deserves a long suspension. 5-10 games AFTER he recovers from the injury. On a side note i think its interesting how the two 'faces of the NHL' OV and Crosby show a large amount of disrespect for their fellow NHLers. OV plays dirty and throws out his knee to take someone out and Crosby doesn't even shake the hands of the redwings when they beat them for the cup. Possible reason for the increase of disrespect and head-shots and dirty hits in the NHL? Possibly. Players see that if you play on the edge and cross the line you'll get media coverage and get called things like alex the great. come on lets clean things up around here and get respect back into the game. report this comment
3 hours ago
Suspension for Ovechkin. He may have started with the shoulder but you can see him lead with the knee when he realizes that he's going to miss Gleason altogether. Just a dirty hit no matter how much of a star you are. Now let's talk about Toronto sending some D-men to Carolina to fill those holes... report this comment
3 hours ago
I've always said one day someone was going to get him for the cheap stuff he does... I just had no idea it would be himself... report this comment
3 hours ago
i dont want to see someone get hurt but if OV is hurt right now i will not feel sorry for him... its been said before that he will hurt himself or someone will hurt him if he keeps doing stuff like this... report this comment
3 hours ago
Serves him right, that is at least the second time he hit knee on knee in the last few months, there was Gonchar in the playoffs and now Gleason, not to mention the hits from behind and leaving his feet everytime he 'runs' into people. he should get at least 5 games after he is cleared to play, or fined the amount of money he would lose not playing those games report this comment
3 hours ago
OV is a great Offensive player and very electrifying but I wouldn't say he is the best in the league. Like someone mentioned before he does seem to be a player that would be hard to coach as he likes to do what he likes and not always what the coach wants. Also Alex the Great was Mogilny's nickname come up with something a little more original how about 'Russian Roulette' as you never know what will happen. With one exception you know he going to shoot. report this comment
3 hours ago
Ovechkin wasnt hurt, he knew he made a gutless play and went down hoping not to get jumped by the other team, and stayed down, hoping that he wont get suspended. He is skating already. Give him 3 games. He has made cheap plays at least 3-4 times this season. report this comment
3 hours ago
I dont care who does these dirty plays, whether its ovechkin or Crosby...the NHL needs to crack down on this and set the record straight for those who do it. Suspention for at least 10 games w/o pay plus a fine! Then nhlers would think twice. I dont understand why Ovi would do that, beyond me but he must pay the consequences!!! My opinion!!!! report this comment
3 hours ago
i have seen crosby and malkin play the flyers, and although i do not like the pens or crosby, they are great players. i am just saying that OV is extreamly fun to watch and it would have been fun to watch him live. i do think that being one of the best scores in the world places you as one of the best players in the world, although their are many facets of the game which most likely other players excel in, other the OV. we watch hockey for goals, hits, passes, and saves. which one does the two pens top OV in. Not Goals or hits, but possibly passes. report this comment
3 hours ago
I don't like to see anyone injured but like I have said in the past I beleive Ovechkin will get injured like Bure did. Sure Ovie is a more complete player but when you go all out at top speed and make the moves he does repeatedly sooner or later somethings got to give. Hopefully he can come back and be the same player & maybe change his game so he's not so reckless. report this comment
3 hours ago
The NHL has got to either give him nothing or at least match the laraque punishment. With laraque he has always been physical but certainly no drww for a team....AO may draw but it shows the rest of the league they are serious about injuries if they give him 5 games. There is also the issue around permanent injury of his own. The Caps brass must just shake there head at his agressive style. It will eventually cost them more than a couple of games. This guy is going to hurt himself or someone else.
Back to top Go down
mplspug

mplspug

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:15 pm

That cocksucker needs to stop that shit. He is fucking up my fantasy team. I count on him for goals, not PIMs. If you are going to stretch and lean to hit someone, they need to teach these guys to lift up their damn leg.

Karmov is a bitch.

Dumbest comment.
Quote :
BooHooHoo. The crybabies are out in full force. Ovie's the best. Get over it. If you want to wish something bad to someone wish it on the crybaby players who pout through games when things aren't going their way. I think you know who they are.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm

He deserves at least 5 games for that knee on knee! That's his second major in 3 freaking games. No more turning a blind eye just because his mad skillz make you wet!
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:49 pm

Well he got 2 games.
Back to top Go down
sqare

sqare

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:11 pm

I have hate for the WMBs.
Back to top Go down
http://bozak911.blogspot.com/
mplspug

mplspug

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:12 pm

He can serve them while he is injured , right? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 8:29 pm

Toewser wrote:
Well he got 2 games.
So declare him healthy 2 games earlier than they would otherwise, and they have thus skirted the issue. Laughing
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 5:30 am

Seriously, how is it NOBODY has stepped up and just sucker punch these guys (ala Domi on Ulf.) If I'm a key "fighter" in this league, and one of these "chumps" does that to my team mate... I'm telling them right then and there; "watch your ass, because I'm knocking you out!" And then when I'm questioned about it.. I'd be honest; "well you see, the NHL is too chicken shit to stop this from happening... they are too worried that guys like me are ruining the game even though we don't go around handing out cheap shots like Tatu in Nashville. So I just took it upon myself to 'suspend' him for at least one game."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guess who is a dirty player? :P
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next