Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Guess who is a dirty player? :P

Go down 
+6
mplspug
00Xtremeninja
forthewild
OldTimeHockey
Dee Oh Cee
cehnehdeh
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mplspug

mplspug

Guess who is a dirty player? :P - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 12:17 pm

I think the NHL has to step up and fucking do something about this. 5-10 games no matter who does it. Knee injuries can ruin a guys career. And I think it is much easier to determine and enforce than head shots. A lot of head shots are clean hits but unfortunate positioning by the guy being hit or bad timing and it becomes difficult to tell if the guy was going for a cheap shot. Now a lot of kneeings are unintentional and not malicious, however they are the result of a guy just being stupid. And they would be easy to cut down if you made the penalty severe. If you put that penalty out their and get it in their heads by having officials talk to the guys saying it won't be tolerated, you can cut down on these needless incidents. Make it so instead of reacting by sticking your leg out when you are beat or maybe thinking better of trying to put a body on someone when you are not in position by getting in there heads that if you do, you are out for 5-10 games. Like I said, there isn't usually much grey area on a knee to knee hit.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 10:50 pm

Especially when it's OBVIOUS that the dude is sticking out his fucking leg to clip him. So many morons at other sites think the suspension is "just right" based on it being Alexander the great. Know what? I fucking LOVE OV but I don't give a rats ass, this suspension was WAY too light. The fact in an interview yesterday he didnt say ANYTHING remorseful at all and infact said it "might make me (him) angrier" just goes to show you that he takes the suspension as a joke. He's learned NOTHING.
Back to top Go down
mplspug

mplspug

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 12:02 am

Yeah. Not cool.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:51 pm

And OV strikes again! This time boarding Chicagos Brian Campbell causing broken ribs and a broken clavicle.

I loved what one OV apologist wrote on the comments section at tsn.ca "OV is not a dirty player, he just sometimes delivers dirty hits"

Uhh, and what is the definition of dirty then?
Back to top Go down
mplspug

mplspug

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 5:02 pm

Damn that dirty cocksucker. Doesn't he realize it is the playoffs for our fantasy team. What a fuckhead - I need him.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 5:04 pm

mplspug wrote:
Damn that dirty cocksucker. Doesn't he realize it is the playoffs for our fantasy team. What a fuckhead - I need him.

Too bad suspensions don't garner points huh? Something to think about. People like Cooke would be MONEY!
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 5:20 pm

I don't honestly think Ovie tries to do these things on purpose...but it doesn't matter. What I think is that he's not the smartest guy out on the ice...and he makes dumb mistakes because he doesn't think. Idk what the hell people would mean by saying they're dirty hits but he's not a dirty player....maybe they mean that they don't think he actually tries to do what he does? But I say if you make dumb mistakes and don't think while you're on the ice it doesn't matter if you try to do what you do or not...you are responsible for what you do...and because of that he is now classified as a dirty player.

I love the guy but I hate to see these hits...I love huge hits like the one on Jagr but this one was just unnecessary and gets the NHL talked about in a negative way once again...at the same time I kinda feel bad for him too because I'm sure he regrets what he does when it's done but that's the thing - he DOES the things and even if you regret it wont make the hit go away. Clean up Ovie! We need you to be the face of the NHL.
Back to top Go down
mplspug

mplspug

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:59 am

cehnehdeh wrote:
mplspug wrote:

Too bad suspensions don't garner points huh? Something to think about. People like Cooke would be MONEY!
Well he did give me 15 PIMs last week, but that was regular season and I was pretty much in the playoffs regardless. Oh well, maybe Lucic will pull his head out of his BC Butt and make up the points.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guess who is a dirty player? :P   Guess who is a dirty player? :P - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guess who is a dirty player? :P
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2