Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

*Official* NCAA Hockey Thread

Go down 
+14
KillerCarlson
Beer
cehnehdeh
Jagged Ice
Toewser
00Xtremeninja
OldTimeHockey
Dee Oh Cee
topshelf37
shmiddy
zamboni14
Velmeran
TaLoN
MuckandGrind
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
OldTimeHockey

*Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 9:13 pm

If you can't beat'em, then start a fight. Laughing I love their spirit. They're playing with some emotion. It'd be nice to see another Minny team do the same tonight.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 9:15 pm

So funny seeing 5 guys a piece in the boxes
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 9:16 pm

For fuck sake...

let the boys play
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 9:33 pm

refs all over Minnesotas nuts tonight.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 10:16 pm

Goal Hoeffel!

Gophers up 3-2
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 10:19 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
refs all over Minnesotas nuts tonight.
Perhaps they're storing them for a long winter.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 10:19 pm

And of course the Sue come back to tie it right away...
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 1:36 am

they looked MUCH better tonight.. I'll take a tie up in No-Dak at this point
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 2:46 am

werd, tonight's game was much better than last nights.
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 10:25 pm

After getting in line at 5AM Friday, our crew (well most of us) were rewarded with the front page of the Grand Forks Herald on Saturday. *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 2 1017fan1

Mr. Lofquist is being a real dick and dumping ice off of his stick onto my buddy in the front corner there. Haha. Sam was real fun in the penalty box that night as well. Everything we threw at him, got at least an equal response from him. Kind of a rarity for us, and as always, it was a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 10:36 pm

Nice!

Those games just look like such a good time...I want to get up there sometime in my life.
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 10:41 pm

Dee Oh Cee wrote:
Nice!

Those games just look like such a good time...I want to get up there sometime in my life.
Oh it most definitely a must-go. The Ralph oozes beauty with tremendous architecture and an awesome interior filled with amazing detail.
The atmosphere is usually pretty good, but when the Gophs come up, the roof blows off. It was VERY rowdy there this weekend and it was a rocking place to be.
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 3:35 am

on Saturday night, when I saw both teams send a line into the penalty box... I almost started to cry. *sniff* *sniff* it's just such a beautiful rivalry... it's one of the few times you'll ever see that many players all go to the box at once. Sure we hate each other.. but without that hate, we'd only have Wisconsin to pick on... and that's like picking on the mentally handicapped. Just bad karma to do.
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 10:06 am

zamboni14 wrote:
on Saturday night, when I saw both teams send a line into the penalty box... I almost started to cry. *sniff* *sniff* it's just such a beautiful rivalry... it's one of the few times you'll ever see that many players all go to the box at once. Sure we hate each other.. but without that hate, we'd only have Wisconsin to pick on... and that's like picking on the mentally handicapped. Just bad karma to do.
*Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 2 14ca87o
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 12:58 pm

Toewser wrote:
zamboni14 wrote:
*Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 2 14ca87o
Sad that's sooooo beautiful!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 2:48 pm

that picture fuckin rocks.
Back to top Go down
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:17 pm

I need to see that arena. I plan on in my work travels this winter seeing Colorado College in Springs and also the Pioneers in Denver. Hopefully against the Gophers but I'll watch any opponent.
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 2:23 pm

I'm just going to copy/pasta what I posted on the other board.

Quote :
I got to watch both games in their entirety.

I thought the Gophs were able to generate a few good chances, but when they got a clear alley, they couldn't hit the net to save their life. Denver's D corps just dominated that game. The kept Minnesota away from Cheverie, and kept their sticks in shooting and passing lanes all night long, just stifling Minnesota's offense.

As predicted, Denver's top line of Rakhshani, Ruegsegger, Maiani did pretty well. That one-timer by Rakhshani was pretty sweet. He blasted that so hard, that Kangas, despite getting a piece of it, couldn't keep it out.

Onto UAA-UND...
Watching games at Anchorage is brutal. The feed isn't very good and it's kind of depressing seeing all those empty seats in their arena. Attendance said just over 3000, but I doubt that there were that many. It has to suck playing in front of nobody.

UND dominated this game from start to finish, notching three goals in the first, and then one in each of the next two. The Trupp-Malone-Hextall line was all over the place, playing very hard all night. The fourth goal, was all Brad Malone. UAA was leading a rush the other way, and Pony backchecked with ferocity, taking the puck away then leading the rush back the other way, before dishing it to Trupp who buried it. Marto and Genoway each notched a goal, as UND's defensive group continues to chip in in big ways. Chay now has 7 points (4goals) in 5 games.

Each team got a checking from behind major. UND killed off theirs, and the PK went 7/7 last night, making them 22/22 on the season. Not too shabby.

For what he did have to stop, Aaron Dell did so pretty well in his first start, notching a shutout.
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:10 pm

Just an FYI, Gophs are down 3-0 with about 11 minutes left in the 3rd.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:20 pm

With apparent bust Patrick White being shipped off to the Sharks I feel I have no way to participate in this thread. Sad
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:21 pm

Which is funny Ceh. I know it is still early, but I thought White actually looked better so far this season. Razz
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:23 pm

Even still it was a fairly easy former first round pick to give up no?
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:25 pm

Oh for sure. And like I said, it has only been a couple of games. He is still miles away from realizing his potential methinks, and I don't believe he will ever justify his draft position.
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:38 pm

Score is final, by the way. 3-0 Denver.
Back to top Go down
Beer

Beer

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:40 pm

Toewser wrote:
Score is final, by the way. 3-0 Denver.

Wow, again? Tough schedule to start the season against UND and Denver, but to get shutout 3 times in 4 games is unacceptable.

Me thinks it's gonna be a long season...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*Official* NCAA Hockey Thread
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next