Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

*Official* NCAA Hockey Thread

Go down 
+14
KillerCarlson
Beer
cehnehdeh
Jagged Ice
Toewser
00Xtremeninja
OldTimeHockey
Dee Oh Cee
topshelf37
shmiddy
zamboni14
Velmeran
TaLoN
MuckandGrind
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Toewser

Toewser

*Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:43 pm

Beer wrote:
Toewser wrote:
Score is final, by the way. 3-0 Denver.

Wow, again? Tough schedule to start the season against UND and Denver, but to get shutout 3 times in 4 games is unacceptable.

Me thinks it's gonna be a long season...
DU and Cheverie have had Minnesota's number lately. But yeah, 3 shutouts in 4 games is pretty brutal. There is plenty of time to still right the ship, build chemistry and start clicking (maybe it's just me being used to UND doing it all the time), but to come out this flat, is a bit worrisome nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:48 pm

DAMN YOU GOPHERS! They look like silly rodents that you'd find in a fairytale. I want to see rodents with rabies!
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 2:58 am

I'm with that fucking "No-Dak" fan above OTH (god help me for agreeing with one.) I dunno, maybe it's just the optimist in me thinking; "no fucking way are we this shitty already!?"
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 12:03 pm

OldTimeHockey wrote:
DAMN YOU GOPHERS! They look like silly rodents that you'd find in a fairytale. I want to see rodents with rabies!
Needs moar Canadians.
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 4:03 pm

North Dakota lost to Alaska-Anchorage. Although the Gophers problems are painfully obvious, scoring. They've been shutout 3 times this season, in just 4 WCHA games...OUCH!
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 4:21 pm

KillerCarlson wrote:
North Dakota lost to Alaska-Anchorage. Although the Gophers problems are painfully obvious, scoring. They've been shutout 3 times this season, in just 4 WCHA games...OUCH!
Yup. Losing to UAA is always tough to swallow.

UND looked okay during the first period on Saturday, but the second period drastically shifted the momentum. UAA was winning every battle and outhustled UND in every facet. UND also took 5 penalties during that period, so when they weren't losing 5 on 5, they were killing themselves, by being forced to kill of penalty after penalty. No doubt, their own lack of discipline was draining them. Also, props to UAA for adjusting. They were forcing UND to dump and chase by not allowing them to enter the zone cleanly. And UND did not do so good chasing. They were pretty flat.

I guess the one thing I can relish is UND's traditional average starts. After all, UND lost to UAA at home last year in early November, and we know how that season turned out. Taking a split on the road at this point isn't so bad, even if it is UAA (although I'd obviously like 4 points Razz). They have this weekend off, so they have plenty of time to get back into shape before they go off to Houghton.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 1:58 am

OUCH!

U hockey team loses Leddy for six weeks after breaking jaw
Last update: November 1, 2009 - 12:44 AM

Gophers freshman defenseman Nick Leddy is expected to be out for six weeks because of a broken jaw. Leddy was injured late in the first period of the Gophers' 5-1 victory over Alaska Anchorage on Friday at Mariucci Arena.

Leddy had just taken a shot from near the blue line when 6-3, 207-pound Seawolves forward Jade Portwood hit him. Leddy had to be helped off the ice and did not return.

Leddy was named Mr. Hockey in 2009 after leading Eden Prairie High School to the Class 2A state title. The Wild took him with the 16th overall pick in the first round of the NHL draft in June.

The Gophers and Alaska Anchorage meet at 4 p.m. today in the second game of their series.
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 2:31 pm

Leddy... rule #1... keep... your... head... UP!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 2:51 pm

so if they wire his jaw shut will he be docked points in class for not participating enough verbally?

hope he feels better
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 1:13 pm

Early this morning, my sources indicated that Jay Barriball had gotten hurt in practice and was out for the season. GPL has confirmed the injury, and tests are to be conducted to determine his season status. GPL

Edit: Star Tribune
Quote :
Gophers coach Don Lucia has to have his fingers tightly crossed this morning, hoping for the best.

Jay Barriball, one of his top forwards, is having an MRI today to determine how serious the knee injury he suffered in practice on Tuesday is.

"Our trainer said he bumped knees with somebody while skating, just trying to make a move," said Jim Strick, the university's men's hockey associate director for athletic communications.

Barriball, the right winger on Jordan Schroeder's line for two seasons, reached the 100-point career milestone last weekend. He had one goal and two assists as the Gophers swept Alaska Anchorage 5-1 and 4-1.

He has 39 goals and 63 assists for 102 points in 125 games.

Barriball missed 1-1/2 games this season, both against Denver two weekends ago, because of a hip pointer. Since he has played in only five games this season, he could request a medical red-shirt year if his knee injury does prove to be season ending.

But the Gophers, of course, hope it doesn't come to that. The team has already lost one key player for a good chunk of ths season. Freshman defenseman Nicky Leddy had surgery to repair a broken jaw on Monday and is expected to miss at least 11 games.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 7:40 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 7:44 pm

JB out too now!!!!

piss piss piss piss
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 8:04 pm

The Star Trib Gopher hockey writer (Roman Augustoviz) tweeted that his season-ending surgery is planned for Friday, with official results from the MRI still pending.
Back to top Go down
faribogopherguy

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:02 pm

Toewser wrote:
The Star Trib Gopher hockey writer (Roman Augustoviz) tweeted that his season-ending surgery is planned for Friday, with official results from the MRI still pending.

Well the bad news here is obvious. The good news is is that he should be granted a medical redshirt so they'll have him as a 5th year Senior, and now somebody else gets the opportunity to step up and show their stuff on a line with Schroeder.
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:24 pm

faribogopherguy wrote:
Toewser wrote:

Well the bad news here is obvious. The good news is is that he should be granted a medical redshirt so they'll have him as a 5th year Senior, and now somebody else gets the opportunity to step up and show their stuff on a line with Schroeder.

Hiya FGG.

Yeah. As far as I know of, there hasn't been the official announcement that it is indeed season ending, just that they are planning for it. But if it is severe enough, I'm guessing they will just shut him down for the entire season, have him go through the medical hardship process, and from there he can decide whether or not he will return to the U (I'm assuming he would).

I mean good god. Minnesota had some major issues with UND and Denver with scoring. It looked like they were building confidence (yeah it was against UAA, I don't care. They still showed progress) and now.... BAM. Two injuries.

Crushing.
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:19 pm

nvm.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 2:30 am

Injuried were bound to happen to this team eventually... they had been pretty lucky over the years.
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 3:43 pm

Anyone catch the game last night? I thought UW pretty much kicked the Gophs' asses. I thought they out-hustled them in pretty much every facet, created the better chances, and executed it when needed. They are pretty stingy defensively and I thought that discipline was pretty productive last night.
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 4:06 pm

Just something quick worth noting:
7-0-1 BSU carries the nation's longest unbeaten streak and has cracked the top 10 for the first time in program history at No. 7.

Also, not sure what to make of this..
https://twitter.com/hammyhockey
Quote :
Sounds like some roster related news is going on. Not good news either.

This wouldn't help the cause... or quiet Lucia critics by any means either

It's not Patterson. Although I could see why his name would come up given the lack of a goalie rotation lately
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 7:59 pm

Toewser wrote:
Just something quick worth noting:
7-0-1 BSU carries the nation's longest unbeaten streak and has cracked the top 10 for the first time in program history at No. 7.

Also, not sure what to make of this..
https://twitter.com/hammyhockey
Quote :
Sounds like some roster related news is going on. Not good news either.

This wouldn't help the cause... or quiet Lucia critics by any means either

It's not Patterson. Although I could see why his name would come up given the lack of a goalie rotation lately

It's Lofquist. He leaves to play in the OHL.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 10:43 pm

lol, maybe i could sign up to take a grad school class and sign up to be on the team. roster is getting thin.

college hockey use enforcers? I think I would do well. I can't skate for shit, have an ok shot, slow, and big.

Boogaard, eat your heart out!
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 11:20 pm

How would you feel going toe to toe with one of our ginger boys? (Malone & Hextall)
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 10:40 am

Eh, FGG, I'm especially curious on your take. I think most people agreed with your assessment last year that the Gophs had too many cruisers and not enough bruisers. Every thing I saw from Sam indicated that he was one of what you guys needed.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 10:53 am

Toewser wrote:
How would you feel going toe to toe with one of our ginger boys? (Malone & Hextall)

bring it on!!!!!! ninja
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:47 pm

Well that's now how you wanna start off a game...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread   *Official* NCAA Hockey Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*Official* NCAA Hockey Thread
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next