Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal

Go down 
+2
Jagged Ice
forthewild
6 posters
AuthorMessage
forthewild

forthewild

Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal Empty
PostSubject: Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal   Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 6:46 pm

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=535745

yup right decision is made this deal was stupid and these type of deals need to stop.

also chances Parise walks if Kovi is ont he team? i'm saying 100
Back to top Go down
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

PostSubject: Re: Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal   Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 5:48 am

If true I wonder where Parise would end up.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal   Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:38 am

where the best fit is, i totally see him leaving, i doubt he'll end up here mainly due to cap, but i would love him.

There would be a number or teams that would go after him.

I just have to find it hard to think he'd want to stay on a team where the guy is so selfish. oh well we'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal   Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:48 pm

Parise won't be going anywhere whether Kovi is there or not.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal   Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 8:37 pm

yeah he'll be an RFA so he's got no choice, i just have to think that he'll be unhappy, Kovi doesn't exactly bring a team attitude to the locker room.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal   Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 9:01 pm

^^^unlike Gaborik. that guy was as much of a team player as it gets
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Marlowe Syn

Marlowe Syn

PostSubject: Re: Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal   Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 9:14 pm

Quote :
Click here to find out more!
{eot}
Decrease Text SizeIncrease Text Size
Text Size

It appears that a resolution to the Ilya Kovalchuk saga might be closer than many anticipated.

Yahoo!'s Dmitri Chesnokov is reporting that Kovalchuk's Russian agent, Yuri Nikolaev has set a 48-hour deadline with the NHL to resolve his client's contract issues or Kovalchuk will likely play elsewhere this season with the KHL being the most likely option. More calls between all parties are scheduled for the remainder of Thursday.

The Devils and Kovalchuk presented the framework for a new deal on Monday after the original 17-year, $102 million contract was rejected by the league, however once again the NHL did not allow the deal due to the length of the contract, leading to increased frustration in the Kovalchuk camp and thus the implementation of a deadline in the hopes of a quick resolution. Nikolaev stated that they had been in contact with SKA St. Petersburgh of the KHL but would not specify about the nature of those discussions.

Earlier this summer, Kovalchuk was reportedly offered a three-year, $42 million deal to sign with St. Petersburg, a team owned by league president Alexander Medvedev.

On Monday, Medvedev stated at the World Hockey Summit in Toronto that his offer to Kovalchuk was still on the table. Kovalchuk's agent said that his client would make a decision on the KHL by Friday. The KHL season opens September 8th.

The Devils are set to open their training camp on September 17th under new head coach John MacLean and would undoubtedly like to have their star sniper under contract by that time. The 27-year old Kovalchuk had 41 goals and 44 assists in 76 games last season split between the Devils and Atlanta Thrashers.

Wow Kovy and his agent are making ultimatums to the NHl(at least that is how it sounds). Fine. Go to the K. No seriously Kov, leave. Him and his agent talk like they are bigger than the NHL. They are not. There are PLENTY of top tier talents in North America that will keep up Yanks(and Nuck) fan alike that satisfied with the quality on the ice in the NHL. So piss off Kovy. Go to the KHL. Cash your checks, cuz outside of the Jersey guidos you won't be missed.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal   Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 3:24 pm

he must be asking for a fuckton, honestly the best thing for the Devils to do would be to walk away from him, its almost training camp and he's not signed.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal   Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 1:20 pm

a new deal has been submitted by the NJD its a 15 year deal for 100mil or 6.67 AAV

this too seems fishy, since there is reports that NHL wants nothing over 13 years, what do you think accepted or rejected?
Back to top Go down
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

PostSubject: Re: Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal   Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 6:12 pm

I hope rejected. Kovy needs to just go home if he wants that kind of money.
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal   Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:10 pm

Russo tweet:
Quote :
Devils GM Lou Lamoriello on Ilya Kovalchuk contract : “We feel good about what we submitted”

Oh yes! You cut the 17 years down to what? 12 or 13 years? Of course you feel good about it. You and Kovi have been blowing each other for quite some time now.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal   Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:19 pm

the guy is so hell bent on 10 mil, guess what Kovi you ain't Ovie, i hope it gets rejected, so the devils sign him to like an 8mil cap hit and start missing playoffs.
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal   Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:24 pm

I don't know why Lou would even want to sign him. How many players in that lockerroom are going to respect Richy Rich after he pulled this crap?
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal   Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 12:16 am

Lengenbrunner seems to want him back tho that could have been the "political" answer he gave few days back.

i just don't see that team winning a cup with Kovi
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal   Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:10 pm

a new twist
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/news/story?id=5569258

so they get fined 3mil and lose 2011 3rd rounder and a 1st in the next four drafts

interesting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal   Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arbitrator rejects Kovi deal
Page 1 of 1