Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who got raped on the Kessel deal?

Go down 
+10
forthewild
Toewser
MuckandGrind
cehnehdeh
shmiddy
Velmeran
Wild_State_of_Hockey
TaLoN
00Xtremeninja
5hole
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
5hole

5hole

Who got raped on the Kessel deal? Empty
PostSubject: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:40 pm

Does everyone think Toronto got raped in this deal? Two first round picks? How high were they? Maybe it's the other way around. Kessel just score like 37 goals fresh out of his left nut. That's a bird in the hand ain't it? The dude is like 20.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:42 pm

i guess Toronto feels like they will not need those picks and have the confidence in Kessel to be a leader.

I wonder if this is a sign that they are going to try and clean house during the trade deadline and free market period.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:43 pm

Kessel is 20, which means he's locked in for quite some time as he has no UFA rights which is extremely valuable.

As for how high they are, depends on how Toronto performs on the ice. My guess is Toronto with Kessel, they don't expect them to be top 10 picks. IMO they could very well end up in the 20's.

Toronto has some quality in their cupboard already, so it wouldn't be as disastrous for them as it would be for some others.

In all likelihood, it's a good deal for both sides.
Back to top Go down
5hole

5hole

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:57 pm

Where do they get if they make the playoffs? They can grind into playoffs. Like minnesota used to accept with muscle. They got D. They got both cancer guys. Fatass Burkey will get them into the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
Wild_State_of_Hockey

Wild_State_of_Hockey

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:00 pm

TaLoN wrote:
Kessel is 20, which means he's locked in for quite some time as he has no UFA rights which is extremely valuable.

As for how high they are, depends on how Toronto performs on the ice. My guess is Toronto with Kessel, they don't expect them to be top 10 picks. IMO they could very well end up in the 20's.

Toronto has some quality in their cupboard already, so it wouldn't be as disastrous for them as it would be for some others.

In all likelihood, it's a good deal for both sides.

I agree. I've been waiting to see Toronto be aggressive since Burke got there and he doesn't disappoint with the trade for Kessel. I am pretty excited to see how Toronto performs in the next couple years. It'd be cool to see them become a strength in the East again (something that will eventually happen with time if Burke stays put as GM).
Back to top Go down
http://www.hockeyfanfaceoff.com
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:02 pm

Well, depends where they are seeded in the playoffs and how far they make it etc.

If they were the lowest seed in their conference and had less points than the lowest seed in the West, AND they lose before the 4th round, they get the 16th pick. If they get to the 4th round they bump all the way to 29 or 30 depending if they win or lose (Cup winner gets the last pick of the first round).

If they win their division, that automatically seeds them in the top 3 of their conference, so it depends who has more points than them in the top 3 of both etc. The earliest pick you can have as a top 3 seed (barring a lower team making it to the finals that is) is the 24th pick.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:05 pm

I think it would be nice to just see the Leafs do well as they have been in a drought for so long.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:08 pm

The area where they've needed help for the past decade though is defense. They haven't been able to stop anything for a long time. I think they're hoping a better offense will help their defense, but it still may need some work yet. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
5hole

5hole

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:16 pm

That's complicated. tHEY wont make it into fourth round. Now when I think about it the east is maybe might be harder this year. pens, caps, devils, b's, bolts (will bash grind and score this yer), flyers too, habs will poop their pants, maybe rags. east almost looks like they can play real hockey. still Burkey farts miracles.
Back to top Go down
Velmeran

Velmeran

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 5:57 pm

I'd say it's probably good for both teams, but the sticker shock I get when looking at 2 1sts and a 2nd still gets me...
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 5:58 pm

That's because you look at two 1sts as a lot more expensive being a Wild fan and having bare cupboards and all... Laughing
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 5:59 pm

truth, 1st picks around these parts are worth their weight in gold AND platinum
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:02 pm

Exactly, and that's why the Wild could never have paid that price and survived.
Back to top Go down
shmiddy

shmiddy

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:08 pm

When I think about it, I'd rather have two 1sts than Kessel. But that's exactly because all you see is perpetual 4ths around here. Spread out the two first round picks on the bed and roll around in them. Laughing Boston was in a jam and I think they got out of it pretty well considering. I think Kessel has some issues too.
Back to top Go down
shmiddy

shmiddy

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:09 pm

It's pretty cool how this format tells you when a new post has come in while you were typing. How does one use the "multi-quote" function?
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:12 pm

shmiddy wrote:
It's pretty cool how this format tells you when a new post has come in while you were typing. How does one use the "multi-quote" function?
Meh, I could do without it. JMO Wink
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:30 pm

to use the multiquotes, click it and it will turn red, then click the others and then go to the bottom and click Post Reply and the multiple quotes will be in there.
Back to top Go down
shmiddy

shmiddy

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 7:00 pm

Quote :
The Boston Bruins were unable to sign restricted free agent Phil Kessel because they had left no salary cap room for the young star. The Bruins have traded him to the Toronto Maple Leafs for first round draft picks in 2010 and 2011 and a 2010 second round pick. This is most likely a good trade for the Maple Leafs. They get a proven young star and give up nothing immediately.

Boston is a good team now. They finished first in the East Conference last season. Their best window to win the Stanley Cup is right now. They need to strike now while Tim Thomas, Zdeno Chara and Marc Savard are in their primes. They won’t have this window open when these draft picks become NHL players (if they ever do).

Boston will have nobody to show for Phil Kessel this year. Likely, they will have nobody to show for him next year or the year after. It is most likely that that the first player they draft with these picks does not arrive as an NHL player until 2012 at the soonest. It is extremely likely none of them will be as good as Phil Kessel is now. It is almost certain that their best opportunity to win the Stanley Cup will have passed by then and Kessel will still be a better player than any they drafted. This is not the kind of trade a contending team wants to make. It has been forced by poor salary cap management.

Since Toronto signed Phil Kessel to a five year $27 million contract. This is not a significantly larger amount of money per year than they signed Michael Ryder last year. The salary cap space that should have been saved for Kessel was given to Ryder last year. Kessel would be a far more valuable use of the space.

Toronto gets Phil Kessel, who could very easily be their top scorer for the next several years. It isn’t a move that will make Toronto an instant contender, but it helps them gain some respectability. There are very few 36 goal scoring 21 year olds out there. Any team should be happy to add such a player. Boston has made a bad move to give him up.
Kuklas
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 7:01 pm

YOUR SIG WORKS!
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 7:04 pm

LMAO! How did I become your sworn enemy? Laughing
Back to top Go down
shmiddy

shmiddy

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 7:10 pm

TaLoN wrote:
LMAO! How did I become your sworn enemy? Laughing

I had to pick somebody. I'm sure as hell not picking the moderator. I've had it out with Muck a few times. Maybe it'll be like a rotating captaincy type of thing. Suspect
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 7:15 pm

Considering my only beef was with the NHL server Nazi's, and I no longer have to worry about them... I don't consider anyone an enemy. Maybe Pierre-Marc Bouchard for wasting cap space...
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 7:28 pm

Kessel is a known yet more importantly talented quantity. First rounders often dont pan out so I think this deal goes in Torontos favor.

Wow, going on a honeymoon for a week on an Island with no real media connections sure makes me feel out of the loop!
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 7:29 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
Kessel is a known yet more importantly talented quantity. First rounders often dont pan out so I think this deal goes in Torontos favor.

Wow, going on a honeymoon for a week on an Island with no real media connections sure makes me feel out of the loop!
Yeah, but I'm, sure you'd do it again in a heartbeat! Laughing
Back to top Go down
shmiddy

shmiddy

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 7:30 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:

Fiji?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who got raped on the Kessel deal?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next