Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who got raped on the Kessel deal?

Go down 
+10
forthewild
Toewser
MuckandGrind
cehnehdeh
shmiddy
Velmeran
Wild_State_of_Hockey
TaLoN
00Xtremeninja
5hole
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

Who got raped on the Kessel deal? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:37 pm

Kovi won't be going anywhere anytime soon IMO

The best value Waddell will get will be the trade deadline.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:25 pm

Absolutely agree there. More teams will be able to afford his short term cap hit at the deadline than can afford it now, thus more demand creating a higher price.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:26 pm

Not to mention GM's thinking they are one scorer away from being a legit contender will pay a lot more for that gamble.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:26 pm

Next question is: IF he does get traded as a rental at the deadline what's his value?
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:28 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
Next question is: IF he does get traded as a rental at the deadline what's his value?
It can vary... depending if he gets any minor injuries, or if his having a hot or cold season etc.

They'd absolutely get a 1st rounder in return at minimum... maybe another (or a 2nd rounder) depending on if he re-signs or not etc.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:30 pm

Hmm...id've thought a decent bluechip prospect and a 1st at least.
Back to top Go down
MuckandGrind

MuckandGrind

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:32 pm

TaLoN wrote:
Absolutely agree there. More teams will be able to afford his short term cap hit at the deadline than can afford it now, thus more demand creating a higher price.

But how many teams are going to have the assets that Atlanta will want? I think Boston is set up nicely to get them the best offer, as we look at it now. It may not happen until later in the season, but right now Boston (if the rumor is true and Kovalchuk is their target) are sitting in the best position to get him.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:34 pm

Most team's still own their own first round picks for both for '10 and '11... so most could put them up in an offer.

Just like the Laughs did it to get Kessel, some other team could do it to get Kovi.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:35 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
Hmm...id've thought a decent bluechip prospect and a 1st at least.
Likely a blue-chipper would come back, true.
Back to top Go down
Fargocase

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:23 pm

There's a huge IF... IF the team getting him knows they could sign him, there easily could be a Kessel-like return - multiple 1st, and/or top of the line Prospects - like Sbisa, who Anaheim got in the Pronger deal...

Maybe something like a 1st, a prospect and a Conditional 1st, dependent on signing...
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 3:27 pm

Fargocase wrote:
There's a huge IF... IF the team getting him knows they could sign him, there easily could be a Kessel-like return - multiple 1st, and/or top of the line Prospects - like Sbisa, who Anaheim got in the Pronger deal...

Maybe something like a 1st, a prospect and a Conditional 1st, dependent on signing...
it would be sweet if the wild could offer up enough to get him then sign him to a super long/lower cap hit deal like hossa. illya is worth the risk IMO

It might be possible, good thing we have all those picks/prospects from trading soon-to-be UFAs like demitra, rolston, gaborik.... oh wait facepalm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who got raped on the Kessel deal?   Who got raped on the Kessel deal? - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who got raped on the Kessel deal?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4