Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wild vs Avs GDT 11/27/10

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Wild vs Avs GDT 11/27/10 Empty
PostSubject: Wild vs Avs GDT 11/27/10   Wild vs Avs GDT 11/27/10 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 1:39 pm

Wild vs Avs GDT 11/27/10 MinWild vs Avs GDT 11/27/10 Avalanche

SPARKLE AVS IS BACK BITCHES!

Quote :
(Sports Network) - The Colorado Avalanche will try to avoid a third straight loss when they welcome the Minnesota Wild for tonight's Northwest Division clash at the Pepsi Center.

The Avalanche have lost two straight in regulation after posting victories in their previous four outings. Colorado's only other three-game slide this year came in the form of an 0-2-1 stretch from Oct. 21-26.

Colorado won the opener of a three-game road trip last Saturday in Dallas, but has since lost tilts in Vancouver and Edmonton. Now, the Avalanche are home for two in a row -- tonight's test and Tuesday's meeting with Atlanta. Colorado has won its last three on home ice and is 6-4-0 in Denver this season.

The Wild should have confidence playing in Colorado, however, as Minnesota has won three straight, five of six and six of its last eight games in Denver. The Wild won five of six overall in last year's series and Minnesota has earned a victory eight times in the last 10 encounters. Todd Richards' club is 4-3-1 as the road team this season.

The Avs were dealt a 3-2 loss in Edmonton on Thursday, one day after dropping a 4-2 decision in Vancouver. Taylor Hall, the top pick in the 2010 draft, scored the go-ahead goal with 29 seconds remaining in the third period, lifting Edmonton to the road win.

Kevin Shattenkirk and Matt Duchene lit the lamp for Colorado, while Peter Budaj made 21 saves in defeat.

The Avalanche found themselves down 2-0 just 3:51 into the game, but were able to tie the game by the opening minutes of the second period.

"We really didn't start on time," said Colorado head coach Joe Sacco. "We had a few guys that weren't ready when the puck dropped and it ended up costing us a couple of goals."

Shattenkirk, a 21-year-old rookie defenseman, is riding a five-game point streak into this evening's contest. The 14th overall pick of the 2007 draft has three goals and three assists during the run, accounting for six of his seven points so far as an NHLer.

Budaj is expected to get the call in net again tonight with Craig Anderson still sidelined with a groin injury. Jason Bacashihua was recalled from Colorado's AHL affiliate in Lake Erie to serve as the backup tonight.

Avs defenseman Adam Foote (knee) and forward David Koci (broken jaw) are questionable for tonight's tilt.

Minnesota earned a home victory on Friday afternoon, clobbering the Nashville Predators, 5-2, at Xcel Energy Center. Martin Havlat scored twice and added an assist as Minnesota scored the game's first four goals en route to the easy win.

Marek Zidlicky had a goal and two assists while Andrew Brunette and Nick Schultz each lit the lamp for the Wild on Friday. Jose Theodore stopped 32 shots in the win, improving his record to 3-2-0 on the season.

"When you take a 3-0 lead in the first period it takes a lot of pressure off of you as a goalie," said Theodore. "It helps you to relax back there and allows you to focus on what you have to do to keep them from coming back in the game."

Theodore is expected to return to his backup role tonight in favor of regular starter Niklas Backstrom, who is 14-3-2 in 19 career games against the Avalanche.

Wild stay hot and aggressive. Win it 4-1
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Gnarkill

Gnarkill

PostSubject: Re: Wild vs Avs GDT 11/27/10   Wild vs Avs GDT 11/27/10 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 3:38 pm

I'm with ya on this one. I say we beat them twinkly bastards but by a score of 5-2.
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: Wild vs Avs GDT 11/27/10   Wild vs Avs GDT 11/27/10 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 1:58 am

Wild vs. Avs. post-game report and more

2nd period again haunts the Wild as the speedy Avalanche overwhelm the Wild in 7-4 rout

Written by Derek Felska
Saturday, 27 November 2010 21:08

Ah, the joy of Thanksgiving leftovers. A virtual endless combination of various meals that one has after the feast on Thursday. Whether its an open-faced gravy and turkey sandwich or something like mashed potatoes and dinner rolls the variety and the home cooked taste is just irresistible. Desserts are often another part of the meal that may last a few days after it is all said and done and really is there ever enough excuses to enjoy pumpkin pie? There are other post-Thanksgiving traditions (besides shopping) there may be a family touch football game or it may be simple trip to the local movie theater or sporting event. Whatever it is, the fun doesn't have to stop at Thanksgiving. The same holds true for the 26 NHL teams that battled one another on Black Friday. For 22 of those teams, it meant playing in a back-to-back night including the Minnesota Wild who had to venture to Colorado after defeating the Nashville Predators 5-2 at home the afternoon the day before.

Would the Wild be able to re-focus after earning a solid victory against the Predators or would they resemble a person snoozing after a big Thanksgiving meal? (click on the link for the rest of the article)

There is a complete post-game as well as an Aeros report, enjoy! Strange game, and I wonder what Ryan O'Byrne said. I saw the big hit, but everyone was chirping with that guy tonight.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Wild vs Avs GDT 11/27/10   Wild vs Avs GDT 11/27/10 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 1:58 pm

well this game sucked. i hope we don't turn our november funk from last year into a december funk this year
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wild vs Avs GDT 11/27/10   Wild vs Avs GDT 11/27/10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wild vs Avs GDT 11/27/10
Page 1 of 1