Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wild vs. Penguins 1-8-2011

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KillerCarlson

Wild vs. Penguins 1-8-2011 Empty
PostSubject: Wild vs. Penguins 1-8-2011   Wild vs. Penguins 1-8-2011 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 11:32 pm

Wild vs. Penguins post-game and much more

Hustle and smart team play overwhelm the Penguins in 4-0 road win

Written by Derek Felska | 08 January 2011

Kingpin was the 1996 movie starring Woody Harrelson as the former Iowa State Bowling champion turned amputee Roy Munson who discovers an improbable bowling talent in Amish farm boy Ishmael Boorg (Randy Quaid) and Munson's whose life had been on the skids since his amputation saw a chance to get rich quick. Munson would take his bowling prodigy to Reno, meeting up with Claudia as Ishmael, Roy would attempt to hustle people to fund their trip. The final showdown was nearly ruined when Ishmael broke his hand trying to punch Roy Munson's former nemesis Big Earn(ie) McCracken (Bill Murray) who made a rude comment about him and thus forcing Roy to have to bowl for the big prize himself. Sure enough he would eventually reach the championship but would come up just short of the ultimate goal. Maybe if Roy Munson was in the Pittsburgh area perhaps he would've seen promise in the Wild's Kyle Brodziak who recently demonstrated his prowess on the lanes by sporting a 200 average during a team-bonding event at a local Steeltown bowling alley. As Roy's father once said in the film, "If you put that in a bottle, you have something sweeter than Yoo Hoo!" It was Brodziak's ability to pick up spares that gave his team the win in the bowling tournament. Perhaps that is a side effect of the confidence he's been playing with lately.

The Wild go to Consol Energy Center for the first time, an arena shamelessly similar to the Wild's Xcel Energy Center where they even copied the idea to put high school team jerseys on the walls of their concourse. Oh well, I guess if you can't beat 'em, join 'em right? Minnesota will be best served taking a one-game at a time approach and not dwell too much about how far it has climbed up the standings. So will the Wild keep rollin' or will they find themselves Munson'ed in Pittsburgh? (click on the link for the rest of the article)

There is a complete post-game report as well as an Aeros update, prospect update on Bjorn Krupp and Boys High School hockey profiles on East Ridge and Moorhead. Solid effort and a solid win! Richards certainly has a tough choice to make for tomorrow. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Wild vs. Penguins 1-8-2011   Wild vs. Penguins 1-8-2011 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 11:46 pm

Best article EVER with the Kingpin references.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Wild vs. Penguins 1-8-2011   Wild vs. Penguins 1-8-2011 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 5:05 am

^x2

and wow, we got a sexy little streak going here.

tomorrow against the Stars at home will be a nice test.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Wild vs. Penguins 1-8-2011   Wild vs. Penguins 1-8-2011 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 6:36 am

Missing the home game vs the Stars is the hardest thing about not being a full season ticket holder anymore. I have only missed 3 home games vs the Stars EVER at the X... this will be #4...

I LOVE to see the Wild beat the Stars!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wild vs. Penguins 1-8-2011   Wild vs. Penguins 1-8-2011 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wild vs. Penguins 1-8-2011
Page 1 of 1