Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The board has died (and never really got going)

Go down 
+10
timotheuzi
Havoc
lolwat
Velmeran
cehnehdeh
shmiddy
MuckandGrind
TaLoN
00Xtremeninja
Kevin W
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
TaLoN

TaLoN

The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:26 pm

Someone needs to get in contact with fargo and get him over here!
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:29 pm

Aye, good idea TaloN. Fargo has suffered nothing but grief with the new kickapps.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:30 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
Aye, good idea TaloN. Fargo has suffered nothing but grief with the new kickapps.
I take it they've messed up his account even worse than others?
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:31 pm

he keeps posting that all he sees is green and can't read shit on the boards. tried from two different computers and it is all messed up.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:33 pm

All he sees is green?!!? WTF... did someone tell him to take off his Wild colored glasses? Laughing
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:34 pm

The fact he is in Iraq and is likely using military computers probably is the cause of it. Someone mentioned that the kickapps have a lot more crap looking into your computer. (They use ghostery). Maybe that has something to do with it. *shrugs* Who knows, i'm just a dumb fucking Canadian afterall!
Back to top Go down
Velmeran

Velmeran

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:34 pm

TaLoN wrote:
All he sees is green?!!? WTF... did someone tell him to take off his Wild colored glasses? Laughing
It's not Wild colored glasses; the Green Police finally got him and he thinks everything is now sarcasm.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:36 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
The fact he is in Iraq and is likely using military computers probably is the cause of it. Someone mentioned that the kickapps have a lot more crap looking into your computer. (They use ghostery). Maybe that has something to do with it. *shrugs* Who knows, i'm just a dumb fucking Canadian afterall!
So his military computer is trying to use camo, while kickapps is trying to find him, but can't, so it retaliates by using camo on the boards? Question
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:37 pm

Velmeran wrote:
TaLoN wrote:
It's not Wild colored glasses; the Green Police finally got him and he thinks everything is now sarcasm.
lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:36 pm

So should I come post here(urmomlawl from over there)? At least these boards work, I swear I click shit on the new WMB and it doesn't start loading 90% of the time, and the format is horrible.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:39 pm

Why the need to choose? Why not post on both? (I have a feeling people here will get less asshurt though, WMB has become awfully...uhh...sensitive)
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:39 pm

Why the need to choose? Why not post on both? (I have a feeling people here will get less asshurt though, WMB has become awfully...uhh...sensitive)
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:41 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:

I post on lots of forums, its kinda easier to only post on one thing regarding a certain topic.
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:45 pm

Yeah, there won't be any asses becoming hurt around these parts. I'm personally encouraging people to use this board as much as they like. If you want to use the WMB, by all means go ahead. Use both...even better.
The members have been trickling over here with a good rate in the last couple of days. Keep them coming and things will get even better here!
Back to top Go down
Velmeran

Velmeran

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:47 pm

Kwright315 wrote:
Yeah, there won't be any asses becoming hurt around these parts. I'm personally encouraging people to use this board as much as they like. If you want to use the WMB, by all means go ahead. Use both...even better.
The members have been trickling over here with a good rate in the last couple of days. Keep them coming and things will get even better here!
Yep.

TaLoN said it best when he was leaving IMO; a lot of people will end up wherever quality Hockey Talk discussions are.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:48 pm

Funny you should say that as i've already decided to keep my hockeytalk mainly here and my BSing mainly over there. (Once the real hockey starts of course)
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:53 pm

I encourage BS too!

On a further note, seriously, the ones who are complaining about this board never getting off the ground are the ones who will never come over here. If there are people willing to make the change (eek!) maybe those whiners will come over too. I'm not sure if that's a bad thing or not. Of course, the more the merrier.

If any of you regulars see anybody over there wondering if it's worth it or not, don't hesitate to point out the pros and cons of this place.

Just trying to keep it simple over here. That seems to be a big winning point thus far.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:56 pm

Promoting this board in any way, shape or form isn't exactly, ummmm, well received over there. (Not that I care about that of course)
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:56 pm

Promoting this board in any way, shape or form isn't exactly, ummmm, well received over there. (Not that I care about that of course)
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:00 pm

Well of course it's not. You could keep it to PMs. Whatever you gotta do. Not asking for anyone to flame the board with promotion either.
Back to top Go down
Velmeran

Velmeran

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:03 pm

If I offered to buy Swenny a beer if he started to post over here every so often, I wonder how long word would take to get back (without being specifically mentioned in a thread over there) to him....

Swenny will do almost anything for a beer bet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MuckandGrind

MuckandGrind

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:03 pm

I haven't been on the WMB the past couple of days because of all the formatting problems. That being said, I just spent a little time over there and I can't believe how nasty some of them are getting because of this new site.

Like I said over there, time will tell how this site does in the long run...but I like what I see so far and will be checking this site much more often than the other.

The only thing I fear are a couple of moderators taking a dictatorial position....I would like to see a set of "board standards" posted on the site so everyone knows what is acceptable and what isn't. Moderators need to have the ability to keep the spammers out, but we don't want the power to go to their heads....
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:05 pm

If the powers go to their heads I for one will just discontinue posting. That said, I have a lot of trust and faith in the NINJA. He's always been VERY even-keeled and has always had a GREAT sense of humour.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:06 pm

Velmeran wrote:
If I offered to buy Swenny a beer if he started to post over here every so often, I wonder how long word would take to get back (without being specifically mentioned in a thread over there) to him....

The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 3 Postofthday-35
Back to top Go down
Velmeran

Velmeran

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:10 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
Velmeran wrote:

The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 3 Postofthday-35
Doesn't have the same effect when it's not coming from Swenny Crying or Very sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The board has died (and never really got going)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next