Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wild earn 4-3 overtime victory in bizarre game over the Flyers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KillerCarlson

Wild earn 4-3 overtime victory in bizarre game over the Flyers Empty
PostSubject: Wild earn 4-3 overtime victory in bizarre game over the Flyers   Wild earn 4-3 overtime victory in bizarre game over the Flyers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:19 pm

Wild vs. Flyers

Wild earn 4-3 overtime victory in a bizarre game against the Flyers
Written by Derek Felska
Thursday, 25 March 2010 08:56

According to to Webster's Dictionary, the meaning of the word 'mediocre' is moderate to inferior in quality. Mediocre is an excellent way to describe the Minnesota Wild this season. Minnesota is good enough to tease at a chance at the playoffs but not good enough to be at the bottom to maximize their draft position, the Wild are simply ordinary and mediocre. The result is a midling draft position and that leaves the team having to hope it gets 'lucky' via the draft because most of the sure things are gone. However the Wild have proven in their draft history they can even turn a 'sure thing' into a near disaster when they selected Benoit Pouliot with the 4th Overall selection in 2005. After being an enigmatic prospect the team was able to trade him for Guillaume Latendresse who turned out to be an effective scorer and easily the biggest in-season acquisition for the Wild and for Pouliot it has been a great move as he's been effective with increased ice time. Minnesota had its first bust in A.J. Thelen who was selected 12th Overall in 2004 and it seems to be on the verge of having another bust in James Sheppard who was picked 9th Overall in 2006. Those are hardly late picks, but due to their failure to become productive NHL players it has left the team scrambling to fill holes by the more expensive route of free agency. With Pierre-Marc Bouchard (8th Overall in 2002) still not even skating after a hit he recieved during he first game the team has struggled with its first round selections. Add into that, another former 1st round round pick, Mikko Koivu (6th Overall in 2001) is out with an upper body injury so that leaves Brent Burns (20th Overall in 2003) as the lone 1st round pick in the Wild lineup tonight. Actually on second thought, perhaps mediocre is not all that accurate of a term to describe the Wild. Drafting-wise I think the term you must use is pathetic. Pathetic, in case you were curious is defined by Webster's dictionary is being capable of arousing scornful pity.

Tonight, the wounded Wild travel to Philadelphia who are known as one of the toughest teams in the league. While leading scorer Mikko Koivu is out of the lineup, so to may be leading goal scorer Latendresse who was banged up in a morning skate. So what does that say for Minnesota's chances this evening despite the fact the Flyers are on a 3-game losing streak and have a goaltender that struggles to stop beach balls? Yea, with the way the Wild season has gone this doesn't seem like a scenario that will end well for them, or will Minnesota find a strength in being counted out? (click on the link for the rest of the article)

Enjoy...prospect updates too!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Wild earn 4-3 overtime victory in bizarre game over the Flyers   Wild earn 4-3 overtime victory in bizarre game over the Flyers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:59 pm

damnit, wish i woulda watched the game!
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Wild earn 4-3 overtime victory in bizarre game over the Flyers   Wild earn 4-3 overtime victory in bizarre game over the Flyers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 11:24 pm

I couldn't watch the game... stuck at work.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Wild earn 4-3 overtime victory in bizarre game over the Flyers   Wild earn 4-3 overtime victory in bizarre game over the Flyers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 11:43 pm

BOOoooourns
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Wild earn 4-3 overtime victory in bizarre game over the Flyers   Wild earn 4-3 overtime victory in bizarre game over the Flyers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 11:54 pm

Thanks for the OT goal, Pronger. Only way it would have been sweeter was if it got tipped in by your nose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wild earn 4-3 overtime victory in bizarre game over the Flyers   Wild earn 4-3 overtime victory in bizarre game over the Flyers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wild earn 4-3 overtime victory in bizarre game over the Flyers
Page 1 of 1