Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2010 College Football Thread

Go down 
+3
forthewild
Kevin W
00Xtremeninja
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

2010 College Football Thread Empty
PostSubject: 2010 College Football Thread   2010 College Football Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 11:27 am

The Gophers run game looked good, the rest of the team, not such much. Adam Weber will throw more INT's than TD's this year and the defense will give up a plethora of points.

And what the hell is going on with college uniforms now?!

The Oregon Ducks have set the standard for the "The Fuck?" style

2010 College Football Thread Diamond_plate

Diamond Plate style shoulder pads and knees. Is it supposed to say that "when I hit you it is like running into steel!"? This is where shit gets out of hand. The college says "hey we need ALL of our colors represented ALL of the time!" That trend started here in 2000

2010 College Football Thread Oregon-uniform-2000-holiday-bowl

double lines on the pants means you can't pass the guy in traffic that is in front of you going too slow.

And now we got the Wings. The uniform management team has finally said "ok, lets go back to solid colors, but lets keep shit on the shoulders!!!" At least the wings make sense. Diamond Plate.....no.

2010 College Football Thread Wings

Thanks to Complex Blog for those pics and Fanhouse for the 2000 era pic.

Where was I going with this? OH YEAH!

Who watched last nights Boise State/ Virginia Tech tilt? What a great game right? Lead changes, turnovers, dramatic finish, everything you want in a college game. But what the hell was going on with the uniforms?

Lets start with Boise St. They are known for their blue turf, which is old hat. That field has grown on me and I dig the blue turf. Maybe more teams will start to do colored turf. Oregon, not you, you'd fuck it up some how with Diamond Plate.

2010 College Football Thread Boisestate_t450

The kid modeling the uniform says it all with his posture. I loved the helmets, with the big Bronco on the side and the rest empty, it was a nice touch. But the rest of the outfit, WTF?

The off setting arms makes it look like a fabric error. The ghost style writing of Boise State grey on grey sucks, and the ghosted Bronco on the one knee just makes everything about the uniform uneven.

Overall, this new looks gets a C-

Then there is Virginia Tech's uniform.

2010 College Football Thread Procombat2010

The helmet once again looks awesome. With so many teams going with the flaked paint or just having seven layers of paint and clear coat to make it shine, VT went with the all black primer look (or murdered out for all of you hip kids). That is going against the grain in style. Too bad the rest of the uniform couldn't follow suit.

When looking at it, you see what appears to be a traditional black out style uniform. The numbers and other orange pieces wreck it though. When I first saw them from a distance it looked like the uniforms had been damaged in the washing machine or had gotten muddy. Then you see the VT logo in a sporatic pattern all over the place with other designs. It looks like Ed Hardy had too much of an influence on these uniforms. At least they are consistent in their patterns and designs. The modernized and trendy number designs need to go though.

VT's uniforms get a B-
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: 2010 College Football Thread   2010 College Football Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 4:21 pm

And we can all blame Nike for this.

Oregon has always been Nike's bitch for trying wacky new uniforms out. And it's only gotten worse in recent years.

That being said, go Bucky!
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: 2010 College Football Thread   2010 College Football Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 4:43 pm

Boise st needs to be in the championship game, unless there is two other teams unbeaten, i though the VA Tech uni's looked good all fucking futuristic and shit.

oh well at least one thing is safe, and that's the gophers sucking a long one over and over.
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: 2010 College Football Thread   2010 College Football Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 2:08 am

I hope to hell that a few teams go undefeated this year along with Boise St... because guess who might lose out to Boise St. making it in? One of the big schools. And I can already hear their fans complaining; "well they didn't play anyone!" Point of fact, NOBODY took them up on their offer to play "anyone, anytime" and not ask that team to play back on the blue turf in Idaho. This could lead into an actual tournament if they keep it up and another smaller school finds it's way in the same way... leaving the big schools out for a change.

Side note; I can't fucking wait till my Huskers play in the Big 10!!!!! Finally I'll be able to cheer for a team that actually has a chance of winning the conference!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: 2010 College Football Thread   2010 College Football Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 9:59 am

I am all for Boise St making it to the national championship. Saban can go fuck himself (still bitter from his Dolphin days). Ohio state will get there and get rocked like they typically do. USC is fucked for a little while, LOLZORZ! Florida has no Tebow to help them out.

lol, TCU and Boise st for the natl championship!
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: 2010 College Football Thread   2010 College Football Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 5:17 pm

Dude, America would absolutely SHIT itself if a Boise St/TCU title game would happen. You would literally smell the shit across the country.

That being said, fuck Ohio State. They always make the Big 10 look like a fool.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: 2010 College Football Thread   2010 College Football Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 7:52 pm

All of those dumb ass computers would explode, pregnant women would be giving birth to horses, it would be awesome!

and x2 on OSU. They kick ass all season and then get the tar kicked out of them on the national stage.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: 2010 College Football Thread   2010 College Football Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 9:01 am

i hope its bama and boise st. that make it, so boise can rape them sideways and everyone can shut the fuck up about how they don't deserve to be in the national championship.

tho i hope in 2 weeks the golden rodents play USC it would be great if we thrash them but honestly we'd get rocked
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: 2010 College Football Thread   2010 College Football Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 11:14 am

the only way we thrash USC is if the football team went to Stub and Herbs 5 hrs before the game and got hammered. Even then with the whole team blowing a .25 the Gophers would still find ways to struggle.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: 2010 College Football Thread   2010 College Football Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 10:50 pm

damn, really wish marshall could have put it away against WV.

tomorrow is going to be an awesome day for college football. hitting up B-Dubs for sure!
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: 2010 College Football Thread   2010 College Football Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 3:21 pm

WAY TO GO GOPHERS.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: 2010 College Football Thread   2010 College Football Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 5:56 pm

if this leads to the firing of Brewster I will be thrilled.

and if it leads to the firing of that idiot Maturi, i will be elated.

what a fuck story that was. USC is going to rape us sideways.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: 2010 College Football Thread   2010 College Football Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 6:05 pm

yeah Brewster is gone, we need to pay a motherfucker to come here a motherfucker who can recruit, this is just piss poor pathetic. i'd want to play a have a shot every time gophs give up a TD next week i'm just worried my liver won't survive the 1st quater
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: 2010 College Football Thread   2010 College Football Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 2:53 am

He should be fired by the end of the weekend after this embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

PostSubject: Re: 2010 College Football Thread   2010 College Football Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 5:02 am

Pretty tough to recruit a program that should be playing division 2 football. St. Cloud State would give the gopher football team a run!
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: 2010 College Football Thread   2010 College Football Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 2:24 pm

gophers can get enough players to at least be a competitive team, what we need is a coach who has respect and can get the program built up, we are pretty much at the bottom now, fire this duche and get someone else in.

fun fact the gophers have won the national title 7 times
Back to top Go down
Quisp

Quisp

PostSubject: Re: 2010 College Football Thread   2010 College Football Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:24 pm

No good players want to live in MN in the winter, it sucks if you were not born and raised in the bone chilling temps.
Besides, Nick Saban and the likes are giving away A's and B's for class grades and Alum groups are paying lots of cash and gifts.

Go to MN and freeze your ass off or go to Florida and get good grades while not going to class, get a BMW, paid for hookers, cash, and hook your mom up with a killer job. I know my choice!
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: 2010 College Football Thread   2010 College Football Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:36 pm

I'm not saying we get the top recruits, but we cat at least get a good enough team to lose 2-3 games a year and win some bowl games, look at teams like TCU and Boise, i know the odds of Gophs winning the title are about as good as the John Marshall Rockest winning the stanley cup, but we can still be a decent football team.

There is a ton of examples out there of teams that lose 2-3 games, but are still successful we can be that too, we need to pay big money for a coach to come in here and establish a tradition.
Back to top Go down
Quisp

Quisp

PostSubject: Re: 2010 College Football Thread   2010 College Football Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 10:43 am

There are a ton of teams that only lose 2 or 3 games but they don't have to play Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State...every year either.
Now if they could be more like Wisconsin or Iowa, I hear ya screaming. If you are going to play in a big conference you need big time players.
All comes down to coaching and coaching staff.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: 2010 College Football Thread   2010 College Football Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 4:51 pm

Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: 2010 College Football Thread   2010 College Football Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 5:26 pm

And then he could've bolted for a better job after a year!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: 2010 College Football Thread   2010 College Football Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 5:56 pm

lol, trouf
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: 2010 College Football Thread   2010 College Football Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 2:39 am

The biggest problem is that there are too many chefs at the U. To do ANYTHING takes an act of congress. Everyone gets a voice of how to do things... unlike in Wisconsin where BA was allowed to actually RUN his football program without little to no involvement from the AD or any other body of power at the Univ of Wisconsin.

BTW- one of the key reasons why the Gophers were able to win national championships all those years ago... because most of the southern colleges weren't recruiting black students, so those colleges in the "north" were able to land better talent.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: 2010 College Football Thread   2010 College Football Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 3:10 pm

cue the fire Brewster stuff
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: 2010 College Football Thread   2010 College Football Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 7:30 pm

LMAO! So much for having Northwestern as a doormat for homecoming!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 College Football Thread   2010 College Football Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2010 College Football Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next