Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Will patience last when Wild needs to start out fast?

Go down 
+8
TaLoN
Quisp
forthewild
Jarick
Fargocase
Cool Slovak
00Xtremeninja
MuckandGrind
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
shmiddy

shmiddy

Will patience last when Wild needs to start out fast? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will patience last when Wild needs to start out fast?   Will patience last when Wild needs to start out fast? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 5:06 pm

mplspug wrote:
I'd say I have low expectations, but the reality is I have no expectations. The first month or so I am just going to like seeing a new style and some new faces.

As for all the trade deadline infatuation, in this day and age I don't think you need that to build or even rebuild a team. I don't even think about the deadline until I know where we are at about 3-4 weeks away from it.

Mipples. I didn't know you came slumming here too.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Will patience last when Wild needs to start out fast?   Will patience last when Wild needs to start out fast? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:02 pm

First i think CL expects the attendance to go down, for two reasons, 1) DR and his mess and 2) Economy lets remember this guy is wealthy he didn't get that way because he has a sharp smile, he is smart and can asses the state of the team.

Second if we play well, for example if the games are close and the team is entertaining to watch and we stay in the hunt we should sell out every game. Now as far as improving the team vs making a run for the playoffs there is a way to do both, and it depends on who steps up.

If Shepp and Pouls have their good years and start developing we can trade most of our FA's. To me Johnsson is the only guy we cannot replace so he might have to be signed, the other guys like Nolan could be moved and we could still make the post season.

Again there is just too many things that could happen,

we could play above expectations and play well and compete

we could fall flat on our face and choke

we could be average

just too early to tell, sat cannot come fast enough.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Will patience last when Wild needs to start out fast?   Will patience last when Wild needs to start out fast? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:12 pm

If the team falls flat on it's face, that's not exactly choking, that's just plain sucking.

Choking would be when they are expected to win, or are in position to win, and choke it away.
Back to top Go down
Fargocase

PostSubject: Re: Will patience last when Wild needs to start out fast?   Will patience last when Wild needs to start out fast? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 1:22 pm

If the team qualifies for the playoffs I'd consider the season a success for sure. But as far as winning goes, I have the same attitude as pug - I have no expectations, I'm just really curious to see how the teams performs. I don't think the team is going to make the playoffs, so I know I'm not going to be disappointed this year one way or the other. The first three years were defintiely my favorite Wild years and there were lots of loses the first couple years, but the team obivously was giving it their all.

Two and three years from now is when the pressure is really going to be on IMO...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will patience last when Wild needs to start out fast?   Will patience last when Wild needs to start out fast? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will patience last when Wild needs to start out fast?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2