Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The board has died (and never really got going)

Go down 
+10
timotheuzi
Havoc
lolwat
Velmeran
cehnehdeh
shmiddy
MuckandGrind
TaLoN
00Xtremeninja
Kevin W
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Velmeran

Velmeran

The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:14 pm

MuckandGrind wrote:
I haven't been on the WMB the past couple of days because of all the formatting problems. That being said, I just spent a little time over there and I can't believe how nasty some of them are getting because of this new site.

Like I said over there, time will tell how this site does in the long run...but I like what I see so far and will be checking this site much more often than the other.

The only thing I fear are a couple of moderators taking a dictatorial position....I would like to see a set of "board standards" posted on the site so everyone knows what is acceptable and what isn't. Moderators need to have the ability to keep the spammers out, but we don't want the power to go to their heads....
Ninja posted a sticky in one of the sections on some rules (I think suggestions? maybe he can make it global).

And I very much agree Muck, time will tell how these boards fair but if they continue going like they have today and yesterday I think it'll be fine. Should hopefully continue to see a few posters trickling.

And yes, some posters over there are getting very nasty, some of which has surprised me, and some of which hasn't given the individuals. Though IMO if we go over there and respond with similar attitudes nothing good will really come of it.
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:17 pm

MuckandGrind wrote:
I haven't been on the WMB the past couple of days because of all the formatting problems. That being said, I just spent a little time over there and I can't believe how nasty some of them are getting because of this new site.

Like I said over there, time will tell how this site does in the long run...but I like what I see so far and will be checking this site much more often than the other.

The only thing I fear are a couple of moderators taking a dictatorial position....I would like to see a set of "board standards" posted on the site so everyone knows what is acceptable and what isn't. Moderators need to have the ability to keep the spammers out, but we don't want the power to go to their heads....

I can imagine there are people over there acting like this board is the first sign of the apocalypse coming. That's how the internet will always be. It brings a chuckle and smile to my face.

As for Mods and such, I'm just gonna say that even though I'm an Admin here, I'm gonna leave those spots being left up to Joey. he's known you guys/gals a lot longer than I have. And vice versa. He's truly the one who can guage who's better for those jobs. I trust he can do a decent job of that. And if he screws up, I'll boot him from the site. LOL.

And I encourage any other site ideas to be posted over there in that section as well. The more suggestions, the more we can all work together to make this board the exact opposite (within our abilities) of what you've all begun to despise over there.
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:20 pm

And another thing:

Vel is absolutely right about us going over there and being nasty towards them. That's not encouraged from this side. And we really would like to keep those idiots away from here if that's all they're trying to do.

negative talk is really not needed. Hockey talk is needed though. Word.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:20 pm

Velmeran wrote:
MuckandGrind wrote:

Ninja posted a sticky in one of the sections on some rules (I think suggestions? maybe he can make it global).

And I very much agree Muck, time will tell how these boards fair but if they continue going like they have today and yesterday I think it'll be fine. Should hopefully continue to see a few posters trickling.

And yes, some posters over there are getting very nasty, some of which has surprised me, and some of which hasn't given the individuals. Though IMO if we go over there and respond with similar attitudes nothing good will really come of it.

I.just.cant.help.it

It's interesting though, seeing some peeps' true colors that is. Who knew that by pointing out the obvious (TaLoN being a solid MB contributor) I was just swelling my own head?
Back to top Go down
Velmeran

Velmeran

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:29 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
I.just.cant.help.it

It's interesting though, seeing some peeps' true colors that is. Who knew that by pointing out the obvious (TaLoN being a solid MB contributor) I was just swelling my own head?
TaLoN must have hit a nerve with how he left, maybe he sent out some nasty PM's to people? I've yet to actually figure out why there are such ill-feelings towards him over there right now.

Sportsfan was about the only one I got to admit that his loss, was going to be largely felt, especially come the regular season in the Hockey Talk section. It's a fact that can't be denied. He's knowledgeable and posted often and was usually respectful and well versed. It's not an easy thing to replace.

Why some feel they need to deny that, I don't know.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:30 pm

lolwat wrote:
So should I come post here(urmomlawl from over there)? At least these boards work, I swear I click shit on the new WMB and it doesn't start loading 90% of the time, and the format is horrible.
You are more than welcome here if you want to!
Back to top Go down
Velmeran

Velmeran

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:31 pm

Crap someone's ears were burning! Hide!
Back to top Go down
MuckandGrind

MuckandGrind

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:37 pm

Kwright315 wrote:
And another thing:

Vel is absolutely right about us going over there and being nasty towards them. That's not encouraged from this side. And we really would like to keep those idiots away from here if that's all they're trying to do.

negative talk is really not needed. Hockey talk is needed though. Word.

I've definitely voiced my displeasure with how the WMB upgrade went down, but I'm not going to do that anymore...some are taking it personally.

You're right...let's keep the talk to hockey and move on.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:37 pm

Velmeran wrote:
cehnehdeh wrote:
I.just.cant.help.it

TaLoN must have hit a nerve with how he left, maybe he sent out some nasty PM's to people? I've yet to actually figure out why there are such ill-feelings towards him over there right now.

Sportsfan was about the only one I got to admit that his loss, was going to be largely felt, especially come the regular season in the Hockey Talk section. It's a fact that can't be denied. He's knowledgeable and posted often and was usually respectful and well versed. It's not an easy thing to replace.

Why some feel they need to deny that, I don't know.
No PM's sent to anyone. Everything I said was said in open posts for all to see. I made it clear the issues I was having and also made it clear that all of my e-mails were going without a single response, and that to me is very disrespectful, which led to me wanting to leave. Once I found out about this board, I told everyone that's where they could find me and have not loaded that board since.

If some are pissy over there about my leaving, that's their problem, not mine.
Back to top Go down
Havoc

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 7:08 pm

drama queens all of you lol!

Oh Ninja, you have a King Tut smiley just for me farao

But I like the special Anubis smiley you got for me. The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 Anubis (can you add him plz)

The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 Hedgehogs131206_486x322
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 7:12 pm

Havoc wrote:
drama queens all of you lol!

Oh Ninja, you have a King Tut smiley just for me farao

But I like the special Anubis smiley you got for me. The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 Anubis (can you add him plz)

The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 Hedgehogs131206_486x322
Hey, there was no drama involved in my decision. Razz
Back to top Go down
Havoc

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 7:17 pm

TaLoN wrote:

Talon, I like you. I'm just teasing.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 7:18 pm

Havoc wrote:
TaLoN wrote:

Talon, I like you. I'm just teasing.
I know you were, and I was just going with it! Wink
Back to top Go down
shmiddy

shmiddy

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 9:41 pm

lolwat wrote:
So should I come post here(urmomlawl from over there)? At least these boards work, I swear I click shit on the new WMB and it doesn't start loading 90% of the time, and the format is horrible.

You're already here. Now all you have to do is stay. I am a fan of your blunt assessments.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:19 pm

yeah, guys Kevin said it best. While many (and well I think all of you that's why you chose to sign up here as well) do not dig the new boards, we gotta try and at least by civil about it. It is not the other users fault things got changed and like MNSOTA said they know who to contact if they want more information over here. The last thing we need is for people to sign up and start threads bashing us and whatnot and then it becomes a job for me and Kevin to clean up.

In all honesty, when I got the bright idea to do this thing, I never would have thought this many people would have shown up along with the great response you have all given as well, so thank you.

Muck, you DO NOT have to worry about any mods going on power trips. As I see it now, we are going to keep staff at myself and Kevin. If KF could handle one board I am sure the two of us can hold it down. If we need other staff in the future, there will be a posting for it.

Guidelines are all in the Site Suggestion area as well.

Continue away friends!
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
shmiddy

shmiddy

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:27 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
The last thing we need is for people to sign up and start threads bashing us

I will call them maggot and they will go away.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:28 pm

:Havoc:

just for you Hav =)
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:29 pm

thanks for the site, I like independent things cheers
Back to top Go down
Havoc

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:15 am

00Xtremeninja wrote:
:Havoc:

just for you Hav =)

Thanks Ninja!

Damn, need to replace the battery in my trackball! affraid
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 2:13 am

*bump*
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:49 pm

Bump yourself... it's the holidays, people have been busy!
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 9:07 pm

Word. I just got back in the groove of things yesterday.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 9:24 pm

hey dee, go make stickers and hand em out around campus or at hockey games!!!
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 11:31 pm

I'll make flyers that say being a guest gives you herpes.
Back to top Go down
angelina_e

angelina_e

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:38 am

TaLoN wrote:
Bump yourself... it's the holidays, people have been busy!
There is that...

The last new registered user is none other than moi. And I said I'd never join...

That being said, I do think it's cool that I was #74 and I was born in that fine year.

Bottom line...and no offense to ninja...there is just no traffic over here. Message boards are pretty useless when there is no communication, no? silent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The board has died (and never really got going)   The board has died (and never really got going) - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The board has died (and never really got going)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next