Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wild acquires Kobasew from Bruins

Go down 
+15
DougRiser
Dee Oh Cee
Quisp
TaLoN
thespeckledkiwi
sqare
Lers
Wild Fan #1
hockeygirl101
00Xtremeninja
Jagged Ice
lolwat
zamboni14
OldTimeHockey
Beer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

Wild acquires Kobasew from Bruins - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild acquires Kobasew from Bruins   Wild acquires Kobasew from Bruins - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 1:28 am

cehnehdeh wrote:
Exactly OTH: You can't discuss extension until a players final year on a contract.

Actually, you can't EXTEND until their contract year but I'm not sure you arent allowed to discuss extension with your own property. It's not like it'd be considered tampering.

Anyone know (with solid proof) what the rules are here?
Why don't you just shut up!
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Wild acquires Kobasew from Bruins   Wild acquires Kobasew from Bruins - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 1:52 am

Go mastubate yourself and quit derailing EVERY thread you post in!
Back to top Go down
thespeckledkiwi

PostSubject: Re: Wild acquires Kobasew from Bruins   Wild acquires Kobasew from Bruins - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 10:18 pm

OldTimeHockey wrote:
thespeckledkiwi wrote:

That's why you talk to him this season and next season. Notice we didn't start talking contracts with Gaborik until the season before he was to be an UFA.

And Fletcher will be building the team around him.
Unless I'm totally missing something here, the Wild aren't allowed to discuss and extend his contract until July 1, 2010.

So next July, you start discussions immediately and if he isn't signed by August, trade him.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Wild acquires Kobasew from Bruins   Wild acquires Kobasew from Bruins - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 10:43 pm

Again, I'm not sure discussion can't take place immediately. It would make sense to me that they CAN discuss contract but simply can't SIGN contract until next July.
Back to top Go down
Marlowe Syn

Marlowe Syn

PostSubject: Re: Wild acquires Kobasew from Bruins   Wild acquires Kobasew from Bruins - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 1:20 am

I agree with cehnedeh on this. I would think it would be a no harm, no foul to discuss extension terms with your own player property. But it seems futile as a player is only as valuable as his previous season of service. Since Mikko's previous year of service is still not only in progress, but still very young, than any numbers we discuss with him and his agent are arbitrary at best. So at this point why distract our best player with pointless non-hockey bullshit, like contract terms, and let him just focus on the game. We Wild fans have enough to sweat with our dismal start. I for one do not want to stress over something that has zero chance of being resolved. Mikko is a Wild for the next two season. Let's at least spend 50% of that time relaxing and enjoying #9 as a Wild. No worries, Oct 2010 will come soon enough and we can commence worry-warting if he ain't signed yet.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Wild acquires Kobasew from Bruins   Wild acquires Kobasew from Bruins - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 1:22 am

GREAT points Marlowe! With how you put it it would indeed seem useless to even bother discussing contract. (Unless its a "lets sign you for 15 years with low cap hits at the end to circumvent the salary cap" type of discussion.)
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Wild acquires Kobasew from Bruins   Wild acquires Kobasew from Bruins - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 1:27 am

Marlowe Syn wrote:
I agree with cehnedeh on this. I would think it would be a no harm, no foul to discuss extension terms with your own player property. But it seems futile as a player is only as valuable as his previous season of service. Since Mikko's previous year of service is still not only in progress, but still very young, than any numbers we discuss with him and his agent are arbitrary at best. So at this point why distract our best player with pointless non-hockey bullshit, like contract terms, and let him just focus on the game. We Wild fans have enough to sweat with our dismal start. I for one do not want to stress over something that has zero chance of being resolved. Mikko is a Wild for the next two season. Let's at least spend 50% of that time relaxing and enjoying #9 as a Wild. No worries, Oct 2010 will come soon enough and we can commence worry-warting if he ain't signed yet.
Exactly. It's way too early and he doesn't need the distraction. If they want to talk early, do it in mid-April when the season ends. See where each other is at by having a face to face conversation about it before heading out for the offseason.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Wild acquires Kobasew from Bruins   Wild acquires Kobasew from Bruins - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 3:47 am

OldTimeHockey wrote:
Exactly. It's way too early and he doesn't need the distraction. If they want to talk early, do it in mid-April when the season ends. See where each other is at by having a face to face conversation about it before heading out for the offseason.
In all likelihood, it would be more of a conversation about what Mikko would like to see happen if he is to stay long term.

IE, he's not exactly saying "do this and that", but he's asking for help if they can get it here and there.
Back to top Go down
thespeckledkiwi

PostSubject: Re: Wild acquires Kobasew from Bruins   Wild acquires Kobasew from Bruins - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 12:07 am

Agreed there as well. Tell Koivu this is who we are looking at, what we are doing to rectify these situations. Ask him also to be the leader for the young kids coming in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wild acquires Kobasew from Bruins   Wild acquires Kobasew from Bruins - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wild acquires Kobasew from Bruins
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4