Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP!

Go down 
+3
TaLoN
Dee Oh Cee
cehnehdeh
7 posters
AuthorMessage
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP! Empty
PostSubject: Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP!   Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 1:51 pm

Quote :
Hey, Kids! Want to skate the State of Hockey flag out to center ice before a Wild home game? Check out the info below and ask your parents if you can sign up today*.

Flagbearer Policy
•Application form to be filled out online between June 1 – August 31 each year
•After August 31 winners will be chosen at random to participate in Wild home games for upcoming season
•Kids can reapply for every season for which they are eligible
•All winners will be randomly selected by the first week in September and placed for the pre and regular season home games immediately
•If child is not able to participate on date appointed, they forfeit opportunity and may reapply for next season if still eligible
Flagbearer Eligibility

•Must be between ages 8-12 for the entire Wild season (must be 8 years of age by Sept. 1 / must be under 13 years of age until April 30)
•Must be experienced skater
•Must be able to provide own tickets for appointed game (including ticket for participating child)•This is a one-time opportunity. Once a child has had the chance to be a flag bearer he/she is not eligible to apply again.

The Wild seem to have a LOT of spare tickets yet they can't give the kid a pair of tickets for doing this? Not everyone can afford to go to games so this really limits the number of kids that can apply which just aint right. Where the fuck is the equal opportunity?
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP!   Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 3:41 pm

That's ridiculous
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP!   Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 7:14 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
Quote :
Hey, Kids! Want to skate the State of Hockey flag out to center ice before a Wild home game? Check out the info below and ask your parents if you can sign up today*.

Flagbearer Policy
•Application form to be filled out online between June 1 – August 31 each year
•After August 31 winners will be chosen at random to participate in Wild home games for upcoming season
•Kids can reapply for every season for which they are eligible
•All winners will be randomly selected by the first week in September and placed for the pre and regular season home games immediately
•If child is not able to participate on date appointed, they forfeit opportunity and may reapply for next season if still eligible
Flagbearer Eligibility

•Must be between ages 8-12 for the entire Wild season (must be 8 years of age by Sept. 1 / must be under 13 years of age until April 30)
•Must be experienced skater
•Must be able to provide own tickets for appointed game (including ticket for participating child)•This is a one-time opportunity. Once a child has had the chance to be a flag bearer he/she is not eligible to apply again.

The Wild seem to have a LOT of spare tickets yet they can't give the kid a pair of tickets for doing this? Not everyone can afford to go to games so this really limits the number of kids that can apply which just aint right. Where the fuck is the equal opportunity?
It's been the same policy since day one... tickets haven't always been easy to come by. Where was this complaint 9 years ago? Razz
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP!   Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 8:30 pm

Strangely earlier today I went to wild.com to get to the MB. I saw "flag bearer" and though, "WTF is that". THATS why I just brought it up. Cheap fucking Minnesotans!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP!   Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 8:34 pm

cheap my ass. it is expensive to live here!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP!   Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 8:35 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
cheap my ass. it is expensive to live here!!!!!

Uhhh...you know where I live right?
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP!   Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 8:38 pm

yeah yeah, cinder block igloo.

lol.

is all of Canada expensive or is BC the more expensive area??
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP!   Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 8:40 pm

Depends actually. Average value of a home in some parts of Vancouver tops a million bucks now. Where I live a basic 3-4 bedroom house will run you about 350k. Housing cost, like most places, varies depending on its location. I imagine Toronto would have some of the more expensive real estate.
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP!   Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:00 am

Kids can no longer clean the ice during time-outs and they don't get free tix for their flag bearing duties. I think it's bullshit, because many adults get free tickets for lesser crap. Now we know why they hung that #1 Fans banner so high in the rafters. It's so we can't read the small print.

**We obtain the right to screw the fans whenever we damn well please. Oh, and #@$! you, kids!**
Back to top Go down
Quisp

Quisp

PostSubject: Re: Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP!   Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 5:36 pm

Small price to pay for a "once in a life time opportunity".
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP!   Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 5:49 pm

Quisp wrote:

Bigger picture? Kids who come from a poor enough family that can't afford said tickets don't get the chance. They're excluded which sucks. The Wild can certainly afford to put out 41 pairs of tickets each year no?
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP!   Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 8:33 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
Quisp wrote:

Bigger picture? Kids who come from a poor enough family that can't afford said tickets don't get the chance. They're excluded which sucks. The Wild can certainly afford to put out 41 pairs of tickets each year no?
Unlike Canada where hockey is the national sport... statistically here most kids that fit the bill for being in the poor community also can't skate... a prerequisate for being the flag bearer.
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP!   Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 12:02 am

Are we sure they didn't just change that policy? Because I read the page on the site regarding the flag bearer last year, and I could have sworn that the tickets were free. And then Antti mentioned on the "O" board that he knew someone who's kid got to do it, and the tickets were free.
Back to top Go down
faribogopherguy

PostSubject: Re: Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP!   Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 8:42 pm

TaLoN wrote:
cehnehdeh wrote:
Quisp wrote:

Unlike Canada where hockey is the national sport... statistically here most kids that fit the bill for being in the poor community also can't skate... a prerequisate for being the flag bearer.

You mean Boogaard is from the poor community>?
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP!   Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 8:54 pm

faribogopherguy wrote:
TaLoN wrote:
cehnehdeh wrote:
Quisp wrote:

Shocked Shocked Harsh! Laughing
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP!   Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:07 pm

OldTimeHockey wrote:
Are we sure they didn't just change that policy? Because I read the page on the site regarding the flag bearer last year, and I could have sworn that the tickets were free. And then Antti mentioned on the "O" board that he knew someone who's kid got to do it, and the tickets were free.
No, the policy hasn't changed. One of my season ticket neighbor's kid did the flag bearer thing a couple years before the lockout and he was told he needed to provide his own ticket for the kid.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP!   Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:08 pm

faribogopherguy wrote:
TaLoN wrote:
cehnehdeh wrote:
Quisp wrote:

Well... Boogaard is Canadian... so that doesn't fit... nice try though. Wink
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP!   Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:08 pm

Well........I trust you and I trust Antti..........so who the @#!$ knows what the club is doing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP!   Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wild flag Bearers: Wild are fucking CHEAP!
Page 1 of 1